Provide nursing care and general management/organization at the MSF Therapeutic and Counselling Centre –TCC- according to MSF protocols and practices, TCC regulations and operational guidelines. Universal hygiene standards-precautions are applied in order to ensure quality and continuity of care for MSF beneficiaries according to project scope and limitations.
Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions and general hygiene and cleaning are properly performed at TCC.
Bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the TCC premises are implemented ensuring high standards of hygiene of the working environment.
Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
Provide to the patient's treatment plan for psychiatrist cases as well as to other medical cases according to GP Psychiatry Focal Point prescriptions or clinical officer prescriptions. Assisting patients according to their particular conditions.
Implementation of daily rounds to check the patient’s conditions and administer medication.
Develop and provide health education to patients regularly.
Identifying Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to MSF clinical officer and Psychologist making sure they access the care as per MSF SV protocols; thereafter following these patients’ up after receiving the first SV care.
Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit is applied as per MSF protocol.
Report any patient deterioration to the treating MSF GP/Clinical officer or to Psychologist as well as when there is no the resolution of medical complains for patients at TCC.
Manage the storage at the TCC and do regular stock request to project Log supervisor to replenish the used stock to make sure TCC runs smoothly and the stock is used with rationality.
Regular inventory of stock and equipment in use is done every month and reported to PMR/Project Coordinator.
Organize in daily basis patient’s transport through the social worker and Log supervisor whenever the patients are discharged including those ones who stay at the pension.
Liaise with Nursing team supervisor and Log Supervisor to organize the transport of patients who require a medical appointment at the referral facilities on a daily basis.
Manage and supervise the MSF Cleaning staff at TCC and follow all MSF HR-related regulations such as PMS, internal regulations and health policies for staff.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
hygienic care is got sensitized and respect the hygiene rules at TCC.
Make sure all TCC rules and regulations, and operational guidelines are understood and respected by patients and MSF staff.
Stock cards are updated at least once a week and any mismatch between psychical stock and theoretical stock is reported to PMR.
Ensure interdisciplinary care with fluent and collaborative preparation of the care plan for each patient SoIT admitted at TCC and report any difficulty to the MHS or to the General Practitioner Dr.
Carrying out admission of patients, record patients’ length of stay on a daily basis after they are discharged.
Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (filling in patient’s files, forms, medication consumption, statistics, registers, health files, as well as ensuring appropriate management of TCC stock as per supply procedures.).
Ensuring an appropriate reception in written/oral from the psychiatrist nurse and make sure that all is set for patients continuation of care every afternoon after finishing her duty at TCC.
Reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise to MHs and MHAM for MH patients care-related issues.
Administer medication and monitor evolution of psychiatric cases as well as other medical cases and report any patients’ changes or complaints to General Practitioner Dr.
Participating in data collection and reporting as per project needs.
Participating regularly in department-related meetings and project meetings.
Ensure safe and reliable system to manage all medication available at TCC, its functioning, conditions, follow-up of expired drugs, stock inventories in a monthly basis, and establish special control measures to manage and administer psychotropic medication as per GP or psychiatrist Dr. prescription.
Check that patient’s meals are delivered on time to patients at TCC and liaise with NTS and Log Supervisor to send the meals for patients at the pension in a timely manner.
Ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures to make sure the smooth operation of MSF Therapeutic and Counselling Centre.
Ensure medical competence by continued professional development, reading of training guidelines and get active usage of MSF applications like TEMBO or any training opportunity offered in or out of MSF.
Administratively professional and respectful to address challenges in regards to Human Resources or other challenges encountered in his duty, ensuring assertive communication to his/her supervisors, managers and all other team colleagues in order to favour a conducive work environment.
Respecting communication lines within MSF to address any challenges encountered during his work duty avoiding jumping up to Head of Mission, MedCo, HrCo or other mission coordinators regardless of the sharing of space at the office.
Be proactive in reporting team and patients needs and finding solutions to carry out an appropriate delivery of care and take individual responsibilities to perform his/her duties with autonomy.
Proactive in preparing case reviews and propose training needs for himself/herself.
Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
Social Worker Bachelor, Sociologist or psychologist degree is a plus
Desirable 2 years of previous demonstrable experiences as Nurse, nursing supervisor or manager and previous experience in other NGOs, Associations or international companies
Desirable experience in assisting patients in multiples needs as migrants within associations - NGOs and/or social services settings.
Amharic and English are essential.
Oromifa and Tigrinya are desirable.
Results and Quality Orientation
Teamwork and Cooperation
Commitment to MSF Principles
Team Management and Cooperation.
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Analyst Program, Analytics Team
Term of Employment: Three years of commitment required
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
As ATA’s strategic advisory and consulting function, the Analytics Team works with Directors and Senior Directors within the organization, as well as senior leadership at partners in government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs and private sector companies, to execute high-impact, analytically challenging projects. The team applies an approach similar to top strategy consulting firms and government strategy units to support partners to more effectively bring together strategic, analytical, technical and operational capabilities required for transformation. Please see http://www.ata.gov.et/programs/analytics/ for additional details.
As the entry point for new graduates or candidates with up to one year of work experience, our 3-year Analyst Program is an extremely fast-paced and varied experience, often quite challenging but also very rewarding. After an initial 3 weeks of onboarding and training, Analysts in the program work with other members of the Analytics Team in three to five-person case teams, completing three to five client cases per year on diverse topics. Analysts, therefore, have the chance to work closely with extraordinary colleagues and learn from senior client staff and stakeholders. They are expected to quickly take on increasing seniority and responsibilities. Rapid development and growth is supported by a best-in-class training and professional development program with approximately 150 training hours in total in the first three years. Each Analyst also receives daily coaching and frequent feedback based on his or her specific development needs and can participate in rotations with other teams at ATA.
The 3-year program, therefore, offers a highly unique experience and provides each analyst with a set of capabilities and tools that can serve as a major strength throughout his or her career. ATA also offers a highly competitive salary. After eighteen to twenty-four months, Analysts who perform well can be promoted to the Senior Analyst role. Senior Analysts take on greater responsibilities including delivering more complex and challenging workstreams independently and starting to oversee the work of Analysts, supported through a progressive training curriculum, regular coaching, and feedback.
At the end of the 3-year program, the best performing Senior Analysts will be invited to join the Analytics Leadership program, which includes an award for graduate study abroad before returning to ATA to continue as Associate Case Team Leader (with a 3-year commitment).
ATA Analytics’ Analyst Program is a fantastic opportunity for young graduates who are highly motivated and passionate about their own development and about making a difference to drive change at a national scale and impact the lives of millions of Ethiopians!.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, and content development, stakeholder input, and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met.
Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions.
Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy.
Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities.
Execute wide range of analysis drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners.
Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of workstreams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations.
Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions.
Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.4 and above, and up to 12 months of professional experience.
Knowledge of agriculture is not required, but applicants should have a strong interest in agricultural and economic development in Ethiopia.
Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Collaborative mindset and a team player.
Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback.
Committed to staying at ATA for at least 3 years.
Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
Four Square is an innovative provider of Voice-based Solutions and Web-Based Solution Products that add value to enterprises across the Business Value Chain. Four Square helps businesses drive efficiency by delivering Innovative yet seemingly simple solutions.
Sales and Marketing Executive is to promote and sell company products by demonstrating the advanced technical functions of the product as well as its uses and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Travelling to the customer's location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Any Degree
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak Amharic
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak English
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Ability to travel
The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to promote peaceful, just and inclusive politics worldwide. Our approach across all our programmes is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring politicians from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive and accommodative manner on issues that affect them, their country and the broader region.
NIMD has been active in Ethiopia since 2016, providing support to the dialogue process and legislative reforms. During this time, NIMD has built strategic relations and trust with the main democratic institutions (House of Peoples’ Representatives (HPR), National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), Office of the Attorney General (AG) and key political actors, which will be essential for the successful execution of this action. At the moment, NIMD implements projects funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European Union (EU).
NIMD is recruiting a Programme Officer to support the work of its different programmes in Ethiopia. The officer will be responsible for project planning and implementation with Political Parties, NEBE, House of Peoples Representatives, Regional Councils and the likes. Areas of responsibility of the NIMD Programme Officer include ensuring that all projects are managed in line with the Project Cycle Management and with commitments to donors, the provision of technical support to partners, as well as coordination tasks and representational duties.
The Programme Officer will report to the Programme Manager and the Country Representative. The Programme Officer will be based in NIMD office in Addis Ababa, with travels in and outside Ethiopia when necessary.
- A bachelor level degree in an area relevant to social science (e.g. Project Management, Public Administration, Political Science, Law, Human Rights etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project cycle management, including budgeting and M&E
- Experience with developing annual project plans and annual performance reports.
- Knowledge of the political environment in Ethiopia.
- Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with all stakeholders, including funders
- Previous knowledge and/or experience of working with political parties or a legislature is an advantage
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic (other local languages are advantageous).
- Good communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including on Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Job Title: Gender & Youth Officer
Required number: 1(one)
Duty station: Lay Gayint (Amhara Region, South Gondar Zone)
Duration of Contract: one-year contract, renewable (with 45 days probation period)
1. Promote the mainstreaming of gender intervention through participation in the formulation of program goals, strategies, and approaches.
2. Actively develop networks and partnerships with internal and external actors including local government offices
3. Ensure engagement with civil society organizations representing the interest of women and girls.
4. In consultation with the gender specialist, ensure gender-responsive implementation of planned project and program activities
5. Contribute to the development of strategies to engage women and girls more fully in the development and decision-making processes that affect their lives
6. Conduct an in-depth gender analysis/assessment
7. Ensure gender activities are implemented as per the Annual Activity and Budget Plan approved by the project;
8. Execute multimedia prompted community dialogues within the woreda
9. Facilitates the establishment of mechanisms to ensure that services are in place to meet the needs of women, girls, boys, and men equally.
10. Ensure disaggregation of data in survey and all monthly, quarterly and annual program activity reports
11. Ensure data is collected and used in the design and formulation of project and program strategies and advice on strategies that reflect the needs of women and girls.
12. Prepare periodic progress reports and timely submit to the project manager and gender Specialist.
Education – BA in Development Studies, Gender Studies or related Discipline
Experience –Minimum of three years related experience in the field preferably in a similar program or INGO.
- Good communication skills in both spoken and written Amharic and English,
- Networking and public relations and analytical skills,
- Public speaking and dialogue facilitation skills
- Training on gender mainstreaming, gender analysis, community dialogue facilitation skills is an added advantage
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Under the general supervision of the Mangesha social work department, the teacher of an informal class of Menagesha rehabilitation center is responsible for planning, teaching and caring for the children of the center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares lesson plans, teaches children at the information class.
- Observes and evaluates children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Teaches children different skills such as reading, writing and listening and basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene and social skills.
- Instructs and monitors children in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage
- Assists in leading activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development such as games, arts, and handicrafts, music, and storytelling
- Follows children during breaks and while playing indoor games
- Assists in implementing remedial progress for students regarding extra help.
- Instruct children in daily living skills required for independence and self-care.
- Support children according to schedules to attend handcrafts and computer skills training.
- Involves in the fundraising activities of CE-MRC
- Performs other duties assigned to by his /her supervisor/Manager.
Work Unit: Social work /MRC
Immediate Supervisor: Senior social Worker
Required number: 01
- Diploma in teacher’s education or KG Certificate
- 2/4 and above years of relevant experience
Salary: Birr 3,872.00
Under the general supervision of the Program Coordination Manager, the Program Officer assists the Program Coordination manager in planning, organizing, coordinating, and supervising the Rehabilitation Centers and CBR activities of Cheshire Ethiopia. Responsible to oversee the development of organizational programs; including staff development, project management, implementation and daily management of activities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and develops methods and procedures per the directives of the program coordination manager for implanting CE programs in the Rehabilitation centers and CBR office.
- Oversees the development of organizational programs; including staff development, project management, implementation and daily management of activities
- Plan budgets for project costs and program expenditures
- Work closely with other managers, vendors and financial supporters in developing, maintaining and ensuring adherence to budgets
- Develops and/or reviews grant proposals
- Build and maintain strong linkage and communication with regional centers of the organization and lead proper execution of plans and projects
- Make periodic supportive supervision visits to regional centers and project locations
- Keep informed the Program Coordination Manager and other Managers about program development and ongoing activities by supplying periodic reports on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and yearly basis.
- As per the directives of the program coordination manager, coordinates activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of the program
- Organize reports and records of activities to ensure that progress is being accomplished towards specified program objectives.
- Works in collaboration with monitoring and evaluation whenever necessary.
- Prepares program reports for the program coordination manager or for donors per the directives of the program coordination manager.
- Ensures his planned expenditures in accordance with budget allocations
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the Program Coordination Manager
Work Unit: Program Coordination’s Office
Immediate Supervisor: Program Coordination Manager
Required number: 01
- BA degree in related fields
Experience: 6 years of relevant experience
Salary: Birr 11,500.00
Under the general supervision of the Senior Social worker, the Social Worker is responsible for planning individual treatment sessions and implementation of the theoretical and practical activities of the social work section;
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning individual treatment sessions and implement all theoretical techniques, in service and practical training service for users.
- Assessing and offering advice or counseling clients,
- Arranging appropriate care, resources or benefits, and referrals.,
- Liaison with relatives, colleagues and other professionals, Government and NGOs organizations
- Providing supervisor support to the junior social worker and home-based rehabilitation,
- Conducting awareness, raising training, community, education and organization work,,
- Prepare and submit budget, progress and periodical reports
-.Preparing a social or developmental history of a child with a disability
- Preparing information on psychology and behavior condition of clients for evaluations
- Working with parents and others on problems in a child’s home, Rehabilitation centers, and community affecting the child’s school adjustment
- Mobilizing school and community resources
- Plan, monitor and evaluate projects that are identified to fulfill the needs of the community in line with the principle and objective of CBR.
- Give orientation on code of behavior expected from admitted clients and clients embraced in CBR programs as well as services provided by the CSE to clients
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior Social Worker or Rehabilitation Center Manager.
Work Unit: Program Unit
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Social Worker
Required number: 01
- BA Degree in Psychology
Experience: 2 years in related work
Salary: Birr 5,280.00
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director the, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the overall Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation functions of Cheshire Services Ethiopia.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and coordinates planning, monitoring and evaluation activities within the strategic horizon of CE
- Assist in the revision of the organizational M7E plan and system
- Develop baseline data for all projects and for all their indicators
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the organizational and project performance indicators
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review, and final evaluation
- Identify areas where technical support to partners is required. Organize training and refresher training on M&E for staff and partners as required
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of interventions
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required
- Performs SWOT analysis to set the ground for strategic planning
- Interfaces with different work units and/or consultants in the preparation and/or updating of strategic planning and oversees the implementation of same upon approval
- Follows up on the execution and utilization of approved operational plan and accompanying budget
- Studies and introduces performance standards and indicators thereby to measure the performance outputs of different work units
- Proposes corrective measures to narrow avoid negative variances in the successive periods of the fiscal/budget year
- Assesses optimum usage of financial, human, physical; and information resources of CE
- Assists the Executive Director in periodic and annual reporting tasks
- Performs other related activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
Work Unit: Executive Director’s Office
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Required number: 01
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in related fields
Experience: 6 years of relevant experience
Salary: Birr 11,500.00
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Appraise reports and proposals
- Produce new proposals for the funding opportunity
- Develop advocacy guideline for CE
- Review CE monitoring and evaluation document
- Review other CE working documents
- Upload information into database
- Arrange in-house capacity building training
- Engage and take an active part in new organizational initiatives and developments
Work Unit: Program Coordination
Immediate Supervisor: Program officer
Required number: 01
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in related fields
Experience: 6 years of relevant experience
Salary: Birr 11,500.00
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 45+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, the USA, and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 04 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Psycho-social Support (MHPSS).
We are currently looking for the following professional:
The Base MEAL Specialist is responsible for the overall day to day management of the M&E activities in the base. He/ She will ensure proper implementation of the monitoring and evaluation activities, monitor day to day activities in the field, and oversee proper delivery of activity progress reports. Furthermore, they will support the MEAL TA in the rolling out of new M&E tools and will assist regarding any data analysis and quality checking needs for data entry that may arise. Finally, they will provide support in drafting any monitoring and assessment reports that may be required.
Objective 1: Implement the monitoring and evaluation activities in the field:
- The identification of needs and demands for M&E roles & activities from field PMs;
- The development and implementation of MEAL framework of programs;
- Ensure that MEAL standards of the program and the mission are being implemented and respected;
- Ensure that program targets and objectives are being met per proposal guidelines;
- Ensure the proper follow-up and consistency of Activity Progress Reports;
- Undertake baseline, midline and endline survey’s ensuring quality in data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Ensure timely undertakings in surveys like PDMs, KAP, etc.;
- Undertake continuous field monitoring visits and draft reports on the visits, including actions taken and recommendations;
- Review field level donor and government reports for consistency with the MEAL standards;
Objective 2: Effectively implement the accountability framework:
- Acquaint themselves on the FCB of Action Against Hunger;
- Follow-up and recommend workable operation in the FCB system;
- Ensure feedbacks are collected & review and compile the monthly accountability reports;
- Review the FCM minimum standards of Action Against Hunger and work in setting the goal per operational area in terms of FCM;
- Continuously engage with program team on the effective implementation of FCM;
Objective 3: Effectively and efficiently, utilize communication, coordination, and partnerships:
- Actively consult with others to ensure you understand their needs or goals;
- Consulting with the PM to determine support needs in field-level MEAL;
- Support the field team in quality data management;
- Support the field team on analytical tools and methodologies;
- Make complex things simple for the benefit of others;
- Actively listen and question to check your understanding and draw out others `
- Be sensitive to what others may be feeling, based on what they say, how they say it and their non-verbal behavior, adapting your style and approach to fit;
- Address difficult issues when they arise, being honest and open;
- Maintain on-going relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect;
- Take on different work when necessary to achieve a team or organizational goal;
- Listen to and take on board fresh perspectives and views even if you initially disagree with them;
- Implement ways to reduce the inefficient use of resources or pass the ideas on to someone who can make them happen;
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and to deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way;
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise;
Strive for improvement
- Constructively challenge existing practice;
- Seek better ways of doing things, taking into account the possible implications;
- Make positive suggestions on a way forward when faced with challenges even if these fall outside own scope of work;
- Look inside and outside Action Against Hunger for new ideas and evaluate them for own work;
Objective 4: Learning:
- Facilitate experience shared and review meetings at the field level between sectors;
- Establish a system for gathering, organizing, documenting and sharing of learnings and best practices;
- Document and share best practices and learnings through publications, web sharing and other means within the mission;
Educational Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in humanitarian affairs, international development, public health, epidemiology, economics, or other social/developmental sciences
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred)
- Experience with GIS (preferred)
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. ECHO, SIDA, PRM, EHF) funded activities
- Skills on statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in humanitarian M&E
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases) and GIS
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Previous experience with nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods programming.
- Previous experience with cash-based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience with GIS and spatial analysis
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases)
Salary: Minimum 19,706.00 ETB Maximum 29,285.00 ETB with other additional benefits provided according to the social benefit packages of the organization.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Gender Equality Coordinator, the Gender Officer will play a lead role in the implementation of gender transformative training for Concern Gambella staff and in the implementation of gender-sensitive programming in Gambella.
Under the guidance of the Gender Equality Coordinator and gender equality officer based in Addis, the Gender Equality Officer in Gambella will be responsible for ensuring the completion of all Gender Activities planned in the Gambella region under current grants.
Main duties and responsibilities :
The Gender Equality officer will work closely with the Gender Coordinator and Gender equality officer base in the Addis team, in the implementation of gender-sensitive workplace policies and practices in the Gambella operation.
Project design & implementation
- Act as the focal person for gender-sensitive programming for Concern’s emergency programs in Gambella.
- Provide training as required on best practice tools for the implementation of gender mainstreaming to all Concern and partner staff based in Gambella region
- Fully understand Concern’s Engaging Men and Boys Strategy and lead the programme teams in its implementation at Gambella.
- Support the Gender technical team with field related inputs for the development of future programs and activities
- Prepare, monthly and quarterly report
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Contribute to the documentation of best practice and learning.
- Participate in learning reviews and evaluations and ensure that learnings are applied in the development of future gender-sensitive programming
- Carry out gender training for staff relating to both attitudes, behavior and programmatic implementation
- Provide technical support to staff following completion of the training
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of campaigns around gender action/awareness-raising.
- Liaise with other INGOs, LNGOs, and Government representatives and take an active role in forums, task forces, core group meetings and consortia related to all cross-cutting issues for learning, experience sharing and joint action implementation.
- Jointly organize and implement campaigning events to influence decisions as needed
- The concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern's Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy, the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, contractors, visitors to the programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, the staff has a responsibility to the organization to strive for and maintain the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern's core values and mission. Concern's Code of Conduct and its associated policies have been appended to your Contract for your signature. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct you demonstrate that you have understood their content and agree to conduct yourself in accordance with the provisions of these two documents. A breach of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Person Specification :
- Given the nature of this role, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong weighting will be given to practical experience in the consideration of applications.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Studies
- A minimum of two years’ experience working on gender equality, preferably in an international NGO and humanitarian setting.
- Knowledge of gender theories and concepts.
- Experience and skills in delivering training on gender equality.
- Facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially oral communication
- Dynamic and energetic
- Technical understanding of gender mainstreaming and GBV concepts
- Knowing the local language is mandatory (Agnwak or Nuer)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package. Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents). 20 days annual leave 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
Title: Protection Officer (Re-advertised)
No of Position: Two
Location: Bule Hora
Reports to: Protection team leader
Start of Contract & Duration: until March 31,2020
Posting date: January 9, 2020
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Protection Team leader, the Protection Officer will coordinate and implement DRC’s protection activities in West Guji, Oromia region and Gedeo, SNNPR. Specifically, she will plan, implement, monitor and document protection activities targeting DRC’s beneficiaries, including staff from governmental and humanitarian service providers. The position will, furthermore, be tasked to develop and adapt training and monitoring tools, to conduct training and awareness-raising sessions and provide direct assistance and support to people with specific needs. She or he will also provide technical assistance and guidance to other stakeholders on protection mainstreaming.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Implement assigned protection activities in line with international standards and best practices.
- Plan, implement and monitor day-to-day protection activities as part of DRC’s Protection Team.
- Conduct protection needs and vulnerability assessments.
- Lead the prioritization of the most vulnerable individuals for service using agreed vulnerability criteria.
- Ensure the provision of effective protection services and referrals.
- Identify individuals with special needs and provide specialized assistance.
- Collaborate with relevant partners to develop and maintain protection referral mechanisms.
- Develop and contribute to the development of training materials on protection issues.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines on DRC’s specific activities
- Undertake analysis and assessments of protection issues
- Ensure protection mainstreaming in all of DRC’s interventions.
- Support in the capacity building of staff, beneficiaries, duty-bearers and other stakeholders in basic protection concepts, PFA as well as protection mainstreaming.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor protection trends and needs in DRC’s areas of intervention and recommend activities and responses for DRC and other agencies.
- Analyse disaggregated protection related data as a means to inform programming and response activities.
- Regularly monitor the project’s protection activities and provide feedback for ensuring activities are responsive, and contextually and culturally appropriate.
- Assisting in developing and conducting assessments, mid-term and end of project reports and evaluations.
- Ensure DRC’s accountability commitments are mainstreamed into all protection activities.
Report Writing and Documentation
- Support in the development of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure proper documentation of all project activities including means of verification, assessments and case studies.
- Contribute to the development of project proposals and concept notes.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an entry to mid-level position, with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee/IDP protection working for an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority.
- Technical understanding of core protection concepts (including Child Protection and GBV), prevention and response strategies, including experience with operationalizing global best practices and international standards for implementing protection programming in humanitarian contexts.
- Proven record of designing and facilitating training and workshops on protection-related topics.
- Hands-on experience with protection case management, psychosocial support and supporting community-based protection structures.
- Experience working with displaced or conflict-affected populations.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant fields from a recognized institution.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing in Afan Oromo and Amharic
- Knowledge of Gedeoffa is highly preferred
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values