The education officer leads program grant implementation in SNNPR internally displaced sites promoting local community engagement and ensures that objectives are met in a timely manner, monitored, and evaluated optimal. The officer will ensure that teachers/facilitators receive appropriate mentorship while fostering a positive team spirit and encouraging creative and quality programming.
- BA/BED in Education, Education Planning and Management, or other fields related to the position;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the education sector for BA degree and 2 years of experience for plus post-graduate in education and relevant fields;
- NGO experience will be an advantage;
Water Technician Officer will report to the Environmental Health Manager based at Heloweyn Camp. His/her role will be the installation of water lines, electro-mechanical equipment, and parts, ensuring the functioning of equipment, maintenance of supply system including submersible pumps, surface pumps, generators, switchboards, welding machines, pipeline installation and maintenance towards the supply of safe and adequate water to the camp refugee, host community and implementing partner’s population.
Minimum skills & qualifications:
- Degree in Electromechanical, Electricity, Auto Mechanics, General Mechanics, or related and who have excellent experience in surface water management and at least 3 years of relevant experience for first degree and 2 years of relevant experience for postgraduate degree holders.
- NGO experience is preferable.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, Warehouse Management or related with 5 years of relevant work experience; or
- University degree in Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Management or related with 7 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional work experience in Warehouse management is required with consideration to the above mentioned in the Education Section;
Senior Supply Chain and Asset Management Assistant
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
- Master’s degree in business administration with 5 years of working experience or
- University degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or any other relevant field of study with 7 years of working experience.
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional work experience in Assets/Property Management and other logistics responsibilities is required with consideration to the above mentioned in the Education Section;
The Horn of Africa region is hosts two of the largest refugee situations of the world and at the end of 2018, 8,920,000 of the world’s 41.3 million IDPs displaced by conflict and violence lived in the IGAD region. In addition, according to the IDMC report, more than 1 million were displaced by recurrent droughts and natural disasters have displaced more than half a million IDPs were displaced by natural disasters in 2018.
- University degree in urban planning, rural development, economics, or social science, with a focus on integrated planning, migration, and displacement.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position