To provide technical support to Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Supply Agency (EPSA), Regional Health Bureaus, zonal and district health offices on planning and response to vaccine-derived Poliovirus outbreaks with a focus on vaccine management which is consistent with the latest SOPs for outbreak responses.
- The consultant will work closely with national and regional emergency operation center (EOC), the Cold Chain and Vaccine Management -technical working group, EPSA hub manager and regional health bureaus and authorities of the national immunization Programme to accomplish the following: Develop/review the outbreak response SIAs supply and logistics plan.
- Establish cold chain functionality and failure report tracking method and coordinate the maintenance activities.
- Develop/review the distribution plan, route, transport and organize the distribution of the mOPV2 outbreak response supply and logistics.
- Provide training to SIA facilitators at regional and sub-regional levels on mOPV2 vaccine management
- Support Woreda health offices in the management of mOPV2 during the SIA including reverse logistics with accountability for each and every mOPV2 vial received.
- Supervise the use of mOPV2 by vaccination teams during outbreak response SIA and participate in region/ district command post daily coordination meetings and report daily performance to central outbreak response team/command post/
- Organize reverse logistics for used and unused mOPV2 vials
- Support the organization of the destruction and disposal of used mOPV2 at the end of each round of SIA and the destruction of used and unused mOPV2 at the end of the last round of SIA.
- Work with Cold Chain and Vaccine Management team at the hub level and document and report on all vaccine and logistics management and retrieval and destruction of used and unused mOPV2 delivered for the SIAs
- The consultant will be directly recruited by ABH Partners Plc and will report to the ECO EPI officer at ECO
- 6 months (with a possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance)
The consultant must meet the following criteria
- University degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the area of the expertise – Supply Chain and logistics, Biomedical Engineering, Public Health. Training in Cold Chain & vaccine Management will be an asset. A Diploma in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree.
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional work experience at national and decentralized levels in outbreaks response, routine immunization, public health, and other relevant programs.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to governments on the implementation of outbreak responses (polio) and for routine immunization activities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing vaccine and reverse logistics for mOPV2 released for outbreak responses
- Emergency experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with the UN system and Polio Eradication efforts is desired
- Willingness to immediately take up the assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency of English language both speaking and written is a requirement. Fluency and Working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter through the email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Those who prefer to apply in person may submit a CV along with supporting documents to our head office located on Bole road, Behind DH Geda Tower.
For more information, please call at +251 11618 65 20 or visit https://abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed).
The primary objectives of the Activity are to
1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels;
2) build a culture of data use, and
3) improve the capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
Job Summary: Administrative & Logistics Assistant is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with frequent travel to program sites throughout Ethiopia. The major roles and responsibilities of the position include ensuring the overall quality, efficiency, and proactive administrative and logistical support services in the key areas of procurement of goods and services such as IT equipment as per JSI’s Digital Health (DH) policies and procedures and in accordance with relevant Ethiopian government policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the supply of goods and logistics support for DH, including requesting receiving, storing, transportation, customs clearance, issuing and processing in accordance with USAID, GOE and JSI policies and procedures;
- In coordination with the technical and operation teams, develop monthly transportation plans, field monitoring plans, fleet servicing plans, etc., and ensure the plans are implemented, monitored and reported on;
- Coordinate and provide logistics support to the DH central office and regional offices;
- Ensure that logistics activities are integrated with the DH technical and operational teams and that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained;
- Proactively identify broader issues of logistical improvement areas /non-compliance and adapt systems to address challenges;
- Guide, supervise and mentor DH drivers and ensure that the fleet management system is functional;
- Prepare reports on vehicle utilization, vehicle efficiency, inventory/goods movement, damages, etc. and submit to the Procurement & Logistics Manager on a regular basis;
- Develop, implement and monitor the DH safety and security plan; provide training to staff concerning safety and security;
- Establish and implement appropriate security standards for the DH compounds and offices;
- Facilitate office share agreements and ensure the DH office is fully functional at all times, liaising with landlord and vendors to ensure repairs and issues are followed up on-time and implemented appropriately;
- Facilitate office management issues related to office cleaning, security, and other activities.
- Carry out security spot-checks for the DH offices;
- Ensure the DH vehicles are secure and that appropriate tools are functional and ready for use;
- Ensure that staffs are properly trained on CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation);
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Reports to: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with frequent travel to the field
- University degree in Business Administration or related field;
- Experience in areas such as transport or logistics operations/management, procurement, etc.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in logistics, management/ operations, procurement, transport, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID projects and or other international NGOs;
- Experience in managing multiple staff under her/his direct supervision;
- Basic computer skill in; word, excel, email, access and related software required
- Must be willing for rigorous reference and background checks.
- Fluency in Amharic and English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter to DHoperationsjobs@jsi.com no later than December 19, 2019. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you are an internal candidate to JSI (you currently work for JSI or recently left JSI) you should use this email address to apply.
Human Resource, General services and Property Administration Manager
more than 8 years
Jabi Commercial and Industry PLC would like to invite qualified and competent candidates for the following vacant post:
Job Title: Human Resource, General Services, and Property Administration Manager
Qualification and Experience:
- BA Degree in Public Administration, Management, Marketing Management, Business Administration and Purchasing and Supplies Management
- More than 8 years total experience in Human Resource, General Service and Property Administration activities out of which 6 years direct managerial experience in the stated position
- The Ideal potential candidates with Certificate in Applications Software is more preferred
No. of vacant posts: 01
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Head Office
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit the following documents: Application letter, CV, and Copies of supporting documents quoting the job title on the email subject line (Human Resource, General Services, and Property Administration Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec. 29/2019 or submit in person within 7 working days.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered
Address: On the opposite side of St. Lideta Church, Near Commercial Bank of Ethiopia Zaguwe Building, On Awash Bank Building 1st floor Office No. 105 for more information you can dial using +251 115 30 30 60/ +251 930 47 06 41
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Vacancy No.: IOM-SVN/0130/2019
Position Title: Procurement and Logistic Assistant II
Duty Station: Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
Classification: General Service Staff, G4
Type of Appointment: SVN, Six months with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Posting Period: 02.12.2019 – 16.12.2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistic Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement/logistics-related activities for the Sub Office of Dire Dawa projects. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following tasks:
a. Prepare and/or receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and ensure that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct.
b. Identify potential vendor and issue Request for Quotations (RFQ).
c. Analyses evaluate and compares the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS), and recommend to the relevant requester and award orders to the selected vendors.
d. Prepare Purchase Order (PO) including necessary information on material/asset code, specification, quantity, price, delivery date, payment and vendor contact details.
e. Receive and inspect goods/services according to PO specifications and that all goods are in good condition. Ensure Good Delivery/Receiving Note (GRN) is issued and signed.
f. Onward delivery to the final destination and ensures GRN and Waybill are issued and signed.
g. Prepare Payment Request (PR) and follow up with Finance Unit
h. Obtain approvals as required by the Procurement and Finance matrixes.
i. Properly record and indicate the above process in SAP PRISM as required.
2. Receive approved PRF, copy and record in Procurement Tracking Data Base.
3. Regularly update the Procurement Tracking Data Base and ensure all the required information is filled accordingly. Notify Senior Procurement and Logistic Assistant and/or Procurement Officer for any open PRs and POs.
4. Focusing on the Emergency response related request, ES/NFI, Hygiene materials.
5. Conduct survey for Local market, identifying reliable suppliers and maintain a database for further emergency response procurement requests.
6. Assist all procurement activities related to construction and renovation work, and some other procurement's.
7. Ensure all approved PR (Payment requests) are submitted to Finance for payment and keep a copy of each PR in a sequential manner.
8. Ensure that all Procurement documents are properly copied and filed accordingly.
9. Perform other related duties as may be required.
Desired University degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field of study with a combination of relevant training and practical experience.
- Four years of progressively responsible professional work experience in managing procurement and logistics activities.
- Experience with International Organizations & NGOs is desirable.
- Experience in working with SAP Procurement and Asset Management modules is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultural and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications;
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of local language is desired i.e Oromiffa.
Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is a legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by December 16, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to the purchasing process
- Assigned in the department with specific responsibility for processing purchasing documents and materials and responding to related inquiries, and maintaining vendor/source information and inventories.
- Diploma/BA Supply & Purchase
- 6/2 years
Special Skill/ Training Required:
Interested applicants are invited to send their application, CV and non-returnable copies via
E-mail: email@example.com or
submit in person within 10 working days from the date of this announcement to
Gift Real Estate PLC, Head Office,
located on Bole Road, In front of Getu Commercial Building Behar Building 9th floor, Room No 910.