ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Analyst Program, Analytics Team
Term of Employment: Three years of commitment required
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
As ATA’s strategic advisory and consulting function, the Analytics Team works with Directors and Senior Directors within the organization, as well as senior leadership at partners in government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs and private sector companies, to execute high-impact, analytically challenging projects. The team applies an approach similar to top strategy consulting firms and government strategy units to support partners to more effectively bring together strategic, analytical, technical and operational capabilities required for transformation. Please see http://www.ata.gov.et/programs/analytics/ for additional details.
As the entry point for new graduates or candidates with up to one year of work experience, our 3-year Analyst Program is an extremely fast-paced and varied experience, often quite challenging but also very rewarding. After an initial 3 weeks of onboarding and training, Analysts in the program work with other members of the Analytics Team in three to five-person case teams, completing three to five client cases per year on diverse topics. Analysts, therefore, have the chance to work closely with extraordinary colleagues and learn from senior client staff and stakeholders. They are expected to quickly take on increasing seniority and responsibilities. Rapid development and growth is supported by a best-in-class training and professional development program with approximately 150 training hours in total in the first three years. Each Analyst also receives daily coaching and frequent feedback based on his or her specific development needs and can participate in rotations with other teams at ATA.
The 3-year program, therefore, offers a highly unique experience and provides each analyst with a set of capabilities and tools that can serve as a major strength throughout his or her career. ATA also offers a highly competitive salary. After eighteen to twenty-four months, Analysts who perform well can be promoted to the Senior Analyst role. Senior Analysts take on greater responsibilities including delivering more complex and challenging workstreams independently and starting to oversee the work of Analysts, supported through a progressive training curriculum, regular coaching, and feedback.
At the end of the 3-year program, the best performing Senior Analysts will be invited to join the Analytics Leadership program, which includes an award for graduate study abroad before returning to ATA to continue as Associate Case Team Leader (with a 3-year commitment).
ATA Analytics’ Analyst Program is a fantastic opportunity for young graduates who are highly motivated and passionate about their own development and about making a difference to drive change at a national scale and impact the lives of millions of Ethiopians!.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, and content development, stakeholder input, and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met.
Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions.
Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy.
Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities.
Execute wide range of analysis drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners.
Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of workstreams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations.
Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions.
Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.4 and above, and up to 12 months of professional experience.
Knowledge of agriculture is not required, but applicants should have a strong interest in agricultural and economic development in Ethiopia.
Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Collaborative mindset and a team player.
Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback.
Committed to staying at ATA for at least 3 years.
Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
Position: HR & Admin Officer
Place of Work: Central Area Operation Office/Addis Ababa/
Opening Date: January 17, 2020
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for the HR & Admin Officer role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
· Conducts registration of applicants;
· Participates in the process of internal and external recruitment;
· Facilitates pre-employment activities;
· Handles correspondences with employees;
· Requests and reminds employees to fulfill employment formalities as required (i.e. guarantor, contract agreement, etc.);
· Updates employee information in hard copy / on the database;
· Processes the authorization of payment of various employee allowances and benefits;
· Controls the employees time attendance sheet;
· Shortlisting job applicants in the area office & transfer to head office HR office
· Collecting different documents concerning internal staffs from branch offices & transfer to head office HR office
· Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
· Assist in resolving any administrative problems
· Run Area office tasks to post office and office supply store
· Answer calls from customers regarding their inquiries
· Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
· Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments for Branch managers
· Sort and distribute incoming mail to branches and staff within the area and dispatch outgoing mail.
· Receives incoming letters from internal as well as external clients; dispatches same to the concerned office ;
· Manages miscellaneous expenses for the Area manager’s Office through work advance;
· Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, file papers and documents, faxing and copying to Branch managers
· Operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers, and faxes
· Collect weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly reports from branch offices
· prepare and modify reports, documents including correspondence, drafts, memos, and emails
Qualification and Technical Skill Required
· BA Degree in HR Management, Management or related fields.
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
· Integrated knowledge and understanding of human resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures;
· Ability to interact and deal with people;
· Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills;
· Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality;
· Basic computer skills;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Closing Date: January 23, 2020
Four Square is an innovative provider of Voice-based Solutions and Web-Based Solution Products that add value to enterprises across the Business Value Chain. Four Square helps businesses drive efficiency by delivering Innovative yet seemingly simple solutions.
Sales and Marketing Executive is to promote and sell company products by demonstrating the advanced technical functions of the product as well as its uses and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Travelling to the customer's location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Any Degree
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak Amharic
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak English
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Ability to travel
Source potential candidates and facilitate talent attraction activities as per the company policy; advertise and conduct recruitment activities, assess applicant's information and screen and shortlist potential candidates profile.
- Plan and arrange interview /assessment/ dates in alignment with concerned stakeholders and follow up on the result of the assessment. Manage the on-boarding activities of new recruits.
- Participate in employer branding initiatives and activities, attend job fairs and recruitment events. Make sure on-time availability of branding materials and logistics. Prepare quarterly and annual hiring needs of each department.
- Follow up training programs; schedule training courses; propose training venues and facilitate the training delivery process. Keenly follow up and register budget utilization status of each training programs.
- Follow up performance management activities of the company. Make sure that all departments properly follow the company's annual talent management calendar for the proper implementation of the system.
- Perform any other tasks given by the direct manager;
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA Degree in Management and Related disciplines.
- Commendably knowledge on MS Window packages and fluent English communication skills.
- At least 5 years' experience in HR functions mainly in Training and Recruitment. Manufacturing company experience is plus.
- Relevant Experience is the experience that is accumulated after graduation.
Organic Liquid producing PLC is a private Company established in Ethiopia. The Company is producing and distributing organic liquid fertilizer for commercial farms and smallholder farmers to improve soil fertility and increase crop productivity. The factory is located in North Shewa Zone 68 Km away from Addis and has sales and administrative office in Addis Ababa around 22 square Naziret Building 4th floor. The Company distributes its products through agents and farm service centers established in various locations.
The company is looking for a reliable Factory Manager.
The Main Responsibilities of the position
- Produce a medium, long-term plan for all activities in the organization and, upon approval, implement them into units;
- Provide leadership support to executives of production, property and other departments; weighs performance;
- Organize, direct, coordinate, and oversee the activities of the day-to-day operations of the Factory;
Monitor, supervise, and provide support for the organization's equipment, adequate resources, and proper use of the business.
- Coordinate the factory work by increasing the productivity of the employees in order to achieve the objective of the organization in accordance with the rules and guidelines of the organization;
- Provide leadership and support to the Factory's training and capacity building programs and change activities based on research and reality;
- Supervise and manage the organization's assets and activities;
- Administer and control the assets of the organization in accordance with the organization's policy and procedures;
- Communicates with stakeholders on current and related activities on behalf of the organization
- Contemplates current inventory and inventory transfer of required product inputs to maximize required resources in a timely manner
- Identify the implementation of a factory-based system that addresses the problems encountered in the manufacturing system;
- Identify the implementation of an employee performance assessment and incentive system;
- Work to promote organization peace by making proclamations, regulations, and regulations related to human resource management and proper implementation of the plant.
- Resolve timely disputes between the employee and the organization;
- Follow up and organize the organization's general and staff management/document management effectively;
- Monitor the implementation of modern operational and operational systems;
- The office, security and security, cleaning, shipping, storage and distribution of stationery,
- Follows up with the fact that insurance operations are completed properly
- Performance of factory operations Project implementation
- Provides weekly, monthly, and quarterly project performance reports
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a Bachelor's Degree in Management or Related Education;
- 2 years in the field of human resource management
- It is preferable if knowledgeable in the management of agricultural inputs
Special training and required features
- Has communication skills and is trained in computer use
- Who believes in change and continuous improvement
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: HR Officer
Duty Station: Lay Gayint - for South Gondar Zone projects (Amhara Region)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 45 days probation period)
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1 – Employment & Contract Management
- Follows up on recruitment of community-based positions in posting vacancies, receiving and summarizing applications;
- Conducts shortlisting of applications and facilitates candidate selection in consultation with the Project Manager, Finance & Admin Officer, and HR Manager.
- Prepares employment minutes at the project level and follows upon approval of employment minutes;
- Ensures successful candidates fulfill all required HR formalities before the employment contract agreement is issued;
- Ensures individual personnel files are kept under each project with basic employee information for easy reference;
- Drafts contract agreements & letters on personnel issues and submits for signature in accordance with decisions made by his/her immediate supervisor;
- Prepares identity cards for employees and contract agreements, and submits to the Human Resource Manager;
- Follows up and notifies in due time the concerned departments and projects of ending contracts and probation periods of employees, and request for appropriate actions;
- During termination makes sure that all properties of FHI/E are returned including identity cards;
- Receives applications and categorize them accordingly;
- Assists the Human Resource Coordinator in preparing candidates profile;
- Verify for reference check of the selected candidate
- Organize and deliver orientation to new employees recruited at the project level
- Helps in shortlisting of applications for vacancies posted at the head office level.
Key Result #2 – Records management
- Organizes and handles personnel records of employees such as annual leaves, sick leaves, performance evaluation results, and others;
- Collects and compiles statistical data on personnel matters and releases information when required in consultation with the Human Resource Department at HO.
Key Result #3 – Others
- Distributes employee performance evaluation forms, ensures that all are properly filled-out and summarizes the evaluation reports;
- Assists in updating personnel policies and procedures,
- Follows up on employee pension document submission to the respective Pension Agency and ensures each employee has pension ID card on time;
- Gives required support in following up employee insurance-related issues;
- Performs other related activities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- BA Degree Human Resource Management, Business Administration or in other related fields of study.
Computer literate, Interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in an NGO setting is an added advantage.
- A vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Enthusiasm about the Heartbeat of FHE,
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Under the general supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the General Services and Property Supervisor is responsible for the overall general services functions including stores, purchases, vehicle management, agriculture, security, etc. functions of the Center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, controls, coordinates the stores, purchases, vehicles management, agriculture, security and gardening works of the Center
- Supervises and controls the Stores functions of the Center including the handling and issuance of consumables and fixed assets
- Supervises and controls the purchases for the Center by serving as the chairperson of the Purchasing Committee
- Supervises and controls vehicles maintenance both at the Center and outside the Center and controls the fleet management of the Center
- Supervises and controls the agricultural works of the Center and gives support whenever required
- Supervises and controls the security system of the Center and gives on the job training as required
- Supervises and controls the cleanliness of the Center and works on keeping the Center a pleasant area for work and visitors
- Supervises and controls the periodic and timely maintenance of offices and staff residences at the Center
- Supervises and controls the water and electricity systems of the Center and take the necessary corrective actions
- Follows up the timely settlement of utility payments
- Performs any other related duties as assigned to him/her by the immediate supervisor.
Work Unit: General services
Immediate Supervisor: Finance and Administration Officer
Required number: 01
Qualification: BA/ Diploma in Supplies and procurement management, Management, HR or related fields
Experience: 4/8 years of relevant experience
Salary: Birr 5,200.00
Hagbes Pvt. Ltd. Company has invited qualified applicants for the following job opening for its Head Office, Branches and Sister Companies.
Position: Senior HR Officer
Qualification: BA Degree in Management, Business Management or related fields
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Transport Allowances
- Medical and Insurance Coverage
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
- Handle all the duties and responsibilities of HR department /strategic and functional responsibilities for all of the HR disciplines.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is recommended
- Minimum BA with related field
- Minimum 5 years in the field
Title: HR and Administration Manager
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: HoSS
Start of Contract & Duration: One Year
Posting date: January 9, 2020
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Lead and manage Human Resources and Administrative functions
- Provide overall advice, coordination, and management to the Human Resources and Administration team at the head office and technical Human Resources support to the field offices.
- Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the Human Resources and Administration team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development, travels)
- Provide technical support, advice, and capacity to build the Human Resources and Administration team
- Advice and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns;
- Ensure HR & Administration department functions are fit for purpose by providing capacity building and training to relevant staff (across departments) according to the DRC Operations Handbook and policy briefs;
- Lead development of relevant SOPs to clarify roles and responsibilities of staff across the department to ensure clarity of processes in line with country HR strategy;
- Support the HoSS with development of an HR Strategy for Ethiopia & Djibouti, taking into account gender balance and retention policies, aligned with the overall country strategy;
- Lead the implementation of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 HR module across DRC sites and serve as a Super User in the Country Office, providing training as necessary;
- Ensure all staff receive an updated onboarding package with all departments within 1 week of starting with DRC, improve the induction package as necessary and as the context changes.
Recruitment, development and people planning
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with the recruitment process
- Work with the senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives
- Ensure proper onboarding process
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Develop/maintain local processes for staff development making use of the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Assist managers to identify, recommend and approve Learning & Development initiatives for their employees through DRC’s Learning Catalogue.
Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counseling, employee grievances, and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept
- Lead the performance management process
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Lead people well-being initiatives
- Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments
Human Resources Policies and Support
- Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
- Work closely with HQ to share information and provide support as required
Administrative HR management
- Ensure oversight of relevant lists (e.g. leave, RR) in coordination with managers and field sites
- Monitor contract end dates and proactively liaise with managers regarding extension or end of the contract
- Coordinate the exit process
- Ensure oversight of internal and international travel
- Ensure timely updating and renewal of organization registration certificates
- Ensure oversight of visas and work permits renewal with the support of a lawyer
- Ensure oversight of processing legal paper documents from government offices with the support of Lawyers.
- Ensure oversight of processing renewal of organization registration with the support of a Lawyer
- Ensure oversight of report submission to government offices with the support of a Lawyer.
Facilities Office management
- Develop/maintain local processes for Facilities management.
- Ensure all office infrastructures are appropriate, safe and functioning
- Ensure the insurance plan is in place for all office buildings and equipment and updated at all times.
- Oversee follow-up and renewal of lease agreements for office premises, guesthouse, and expatriate housing
- Assist with cost containment through procurement planning and pooling.
- Management of the guesthouse ensuring all infrastructures are safe and functioning.
- Ensure guesthouse management procedures and handbooks are updated and applied.
- Monitor guesthouse planning is updated
- Ensure communication of travel policies and monitor compliance to it.
- Monitor travel requests are done sufficiently in advance.
- Oversee archiving policies are implemented.
- Ensure the development and monitoring of trackers for administrative tasks.
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- At least 5 years' experience in a relevant field, of which at least 2 years in a senior Human Resources and Administration management role within an NGO
- At least 3 years' experience with people management
- Proven leadership skills and competence in people management
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Extensive knowledge on local labor lawµ
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Master’s Degree or post-graduate education qualification in Human resources or Business Administration
- Amharic required
- Full professional proficiency in English
- French is an asset
This vacancy is for ZAK Ethiopia Soap and Detergent Factory located in Akaki Kality Sub City Addis Ababa.
HR Manager shall be responsible for the following main activities but not limited to:-
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department.
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel.
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implementing and revising a company’s compensation program.
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Maintaining affirmative action programs
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining a company directory and other organizational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent.
- Experience in human resources or related field
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws and ISO.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Required No: 1
- Be able to solve dispute and problem independently, signing a contract based on the right procedure
Qualification & Experience
- Graduated from any collage 5 years work experience understanding of labor proclamation
- Writing & Speaking English
- Teamwork & Problem-solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the address below
Please specify the position you apply for as a subject of your email
Address: Imperial Road to new stadium Next to Zola Hotel
for more information call to 0966235353