Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In a disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help people overcome poverty and conflict. Working with communities, we leverage local logic to help people transform their lives. To grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions. During our 34-year history, our work has improved more than 170 million lives in more than 115 countries around the world. Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
Position Title: HR Assistant
Duty Station: Gode
Open Position: 1
Describe an overview of the job mission general POSITION SUMMARY:
Working in the HR Department under the direction of the HR Manager and Area Manager, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the day to day routine tasks of HR activities the HR assistant role where the details are specified under the Essentials of Job Functions below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides generalist human resources support to the Mercy Corps Ethiopia HR Department in Gode and other field Offices
- Collect and track required employee paperwork;
- Maintain employee records, filing, and documentation such as recruitment documents, CVs, valid contracts, timesheets, employee datasheets, and performance evaluations as well as ensuring leave records of all staff are properly maintained and updated.
- Completes the new hire process for employees; collecting data, and creating new employee files
- Prepare interview agendas and guides for candidate interviews
- Assist in updating employee files; facilitating the documentation processes.
- Screen resumes for selected positions to send to hiring managers
- Produce a weekly activity report
- Ensure that records regarding personnel activities and personnel data are kept confidential
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Follow up employee medical insurance reimbursement.
- Responsible for the management of staff leave.
- Ensure all local admin or legal issues are handled in a smooth way
- Perform any other similar tasks that may be reasonably assigned by the line manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Diploma/Degree in Office Administration, Secretarial Science, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or Human Resource Management is required.
- Three years of related experience is required
- Good computer skills (especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Professionalism and self-motivation expected at all times.
- Must be confident, self-starter, an independent thinker and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; team-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral are required.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity, emotional maturity, and appropriate flexibility.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Flexibility in responding courteously to the immediate needs of visitors and callers;
● Fluent in English, Amharic and local language for the location applied: Somali (capable in all require basic skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing);
● Curious, great problem-solving skills, unafraid to ask questions, and results motivated;
● Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation;
● Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants, personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are shortlisted will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empowering women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 15 December 2019/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address: email@example.com
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33, Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use, and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
The HR Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day management of all administrative HR activities, including personnel file management, recruitment support, HR compliance, employee onboarding/off-boarding, and payroll support. The HR Assistant will work closely with the HR Manager and members of the Finance team to ensure all HR matters are carried out in compliance with JSI and USAID policies and regulations and in compliance with Ethiopian labor law.
- Create and maintain employee personnel files, ensuring all documentation is complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with JSI policies, labor law, and USAID regulations.
- Support recruitment efforts for the Activity, including posting/advertising of all job descriptions, shortlisting qualified candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, collecting required documentation from candidates, etc.
- Prepare drafts of new employee offer letters/contracts for review/signature by the HR Manager and project leadership.
- Maintain up-to-date staffing trackers to monitor all employees and track personnel data in a centralized location.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for staff on JSI’s electronic timesheet system, and liaise with the home office support team, as needed.
- Work with all new staff to ensure all required documentation is submitted on time and saved in their personnel file.
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure all staff receives orientation/training on all HR policies for the Activity and JSI.
- Prepare new hire orientation packages, schedule staff orientation sessions, and coordinate with the HR Manager to develop/deliver orientation/training sessions on HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare JSI staff monthly payroll information, in coordination with the Finance team.
- Promote and enforce JSI’s culture and values, particularly around fraud/ethics and ensure all staff have completed the fraud/ethics training on an annual basis.
- Support the enrollment of staff in JSI insurance policies (health, life, etc.) and support the enrollment of staff in Ethiopia’s pension scheme.
- Monitor the status of contract end-dates and work with the HR Manager to ensure all contract renewals are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that staffs bring all the necessary documents timely.
- Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's policies on fraud management.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Supervisor (Name and Title): HR Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree (equivalent) in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field;
- Minimum of two years of experience in the role of a human resource;
- Experience working with international donor organizations and experience with USAID preferred;
- Familiarity with Ethiopia labor law;
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Through an understanding of and ability to analyze human resources functions;
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Must be fluent in Amharic and English (written and spoken);
- Ability to handle confidential information with care;
- Ability to travel up to 20% time to regions throughout Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter to DHoperationsjobs@jsi.com no later than December 19, 2019. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you are an internal candidate to JSI (you currently work for JSI or recently left JSI) you should use this email address to apply.
TAF Oil P.L.C would like to invite qualified and experienced candidates for the following position
TAF, a very fast-growing, multi-business oriented and client-focused Company is looking for an energetic Senior Office Manager who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. The applicant should be experienced in handling a wide range of managerial and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. The applicant needs to be well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office management and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating all of the administrative duties and office procedures that include scheduling management meetings and appointments, attending meetings and taking minutes/notes, preparing action points and following them up, providing general managerial support to employees, developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and ensuring office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively. Ultimately, the Office Manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In general terms, the Senior Office Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in all courses of decision making, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation so as to enhance the Company's competitive edge in business ventures. The specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing management systems by establishing standards and procedures
- Identifying performance targets and agreeing with management and/or employees; following up on progress, measuring results against standards; and making necessary adjustments.
- Managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Overseeing general operations of directors/ departments; this may include supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Managing executives’ schedules, calendars, and appointments; this may include identifying and scheduling meetings and appointments, setting agenda, taking minutes, preparing action points and following pending issues.
- Handling all communications with THE GM via outlook, email & letters; this may composing correspondence and drafting new communications.
- Reviewing, analyzing and reporting performance results of all directors and departments to senior management; this may include organizing a platform for discussions and proposing corrective actions.
- Reviewing and analyzing the progress of special projects and keep the management properly informed.
- Reviewing and analyzing special reports (could be government or compactors or partners); summarizing information; identifying trends and providing a recommendation to management to act on.
- Following up LC & exerting maximum effort in addressing any problem that hampers the normal process.
- Improving employee and client retention rates through active communication and problem-solving efforts.
- Establishing and promoting a team atmosphere through conflict management and other leadership roles.
- Partnering with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Coordinating with the IT department on all office equipment.
- Planning in-house or off-site activities, like celebrations and conferences.
- Seeking, analyzing and responding to customer inquiries and complaints; includes identification of causes and responsible person(s) and/or unit(s).
- Introducing and arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Introducing and implementing performance-based motivational schemes
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- MBA or BA in Management, Business Administration, Marketing Management, Business Information Management, Human Resource Management, Accounting, and other related studies.
- A minimum of six or eight years of proven work experience as an Office Manager, Directors, General Manager, or Administrative Assistant with MBA and BA respectively.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles in general and performance assessment and analysis in particular.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work under pressure
Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Strong decision making and leadership skills
- Strong skills and confidence to lead and motivate a team
- Strong ability to manage own workload and supervise the work of others concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Very good project management skills.
- Ability and courage to take initiative
- Demonstrate integrity no matter how results and circumstance may be unfriendly
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Email Scheduler and proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power, Point SAP; ACCPAC).
How to Apply
Female Applicants are encouraged.
Interested applicants who fulfill the requirements can submit non-returnable copies of their CV, application letter and other testimonial documents within 12 calendar days of this announcement through our Email Address: - firstname.lastname@example.org and in-person through the following Address: -
Wollo Sefer, TAF Oil Head Quarter, in Front of Tebaber Berta Building
Tel:- 0115- 580686/87 Ext-139
Human Resource and Administration Coordinator - Re Advertisement
The HR Coordinator is a strategic planner for all HR functions in Concern Worldwide Ethiopia to ensure that the HR staff and managers deliver best practices in personnel management and establishes Concern Ethiopia as the employer of choice within the INGO sector in Ethiopia. He/She will liaise with the senior country management team and HR in Dublin and ensure a quality HR programme is planned and effectively delivered. This position offers guidance and ensures understanding of the integral components of HR for effective people management in a large scale organization, requiring excellent systems and monitoring and ensure that CWE HR practices are legally compliant and that the organization is protected, and instill standards and practices that ensure CWE is truly an equal opportunities employer.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support management through sourcing and deploying qualified and experienced workforces through implementing effective and transparent recruitment and selection process
- Ensure that professional and consistent recruitment practices are managed in a way that attracts and retains the highest caliber of candidates
- Establish and effectively roll out and deliver an HR Strategy for Concern Worldwide Ethiopia that encapsulates all elements of a professional HR function, enabling programme delivery of highest standards to support beneficiaries.
- Ensure that talent is well managed and retain high performers by careful planning, performance management, monitoring of contract end dates and potential gaps/development opportunities.
- Ensure that the HR administration is effectively managed in a legally compliant and confidential manner.
- Ensure data protection is complied with and personnel records are maintained to a high standard.
- Report on a regular basis to the CMT/CD on all HR matters to include: training and development, succession planning, recruitment, employee relations, headcount, retention and employee engagement initiatives.
- Ensure that staff costs are appropriately budgeted for, liaising with the Finance department and monitoring Programme proposals to ensure that they fully incorporate staff costs.
- Ensure all personnel-related policies are in line with best practice, Concern Worldwide Organisation policy and Ethiopian legislation.
- Ensure employees have a voice through effective communication strategy, feedback mechanisms, and employee engagement initiatives and are responded to appropriately to ensure positive employee relations. To stay abreast of current and best practices in HR protocols.
- Oversee and participate in the Birches salary benchmarking process every two years and prepare the proposals for any staff reward changes in conjunction with the Country Director
- Line manage HR Staff ensuring a commitment to best practice and effective systems are in place
- Ensure staff changes are effectively communicated to payroll.
- Monitor and ensure that performance management mechanisms are effective.
- Ensure that staff development is actualized through planned and strategic training needs analysis, budgeting, planning and delivery which is monitored and responded to accordingly. Ensure that the Concern Learn 365 learning platform is fully utilized. Fully embrace all potential learning in-house, formalize the learning and maintain training records for employees.
- Regularly review and improve the induction and on-boarding experience of new joins, this being a key step in performance management by setting expectations of and for staff.
- Ensure that gender balance is on the agenda and that there are proactive initiatives developed and implemented to address gender imbalance. Explore reasons and opportunities.
- Champion employee wellbeing initiatives and promote staff resilience, health and safety initiatives. Regularly monitor the work/life balance and culture, respond accordingly.
- Conduct risk assessment and ensure that staff health and safety are maintained at HO and field offices.
Representation and Compliance:
- Represent Concern at inter-organization meetings, at government offices, serve on committees and tasks forces that are HR related
- Monitor any changes to Government legislation affecting staff, and ensure the dissemination of such information to Senior Management
- Conduct research and analysis of HR-related issues; evaluate alternatives and make recommendations for action
Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety, and security guidelines during emergencies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations, and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in the Concern programme (as per P4 section 6).
- Provide leadership to demonstrate that Concern strives to become a gender-equitable organization with a positive gender-sensitive working environment
- Ensure the implementation of Concern’s gender equality strategy in relation to HR policies and procedures
- Lead on the development and implementation of the affirmative recruitment policies in order to improve staff gender ratios within the organization
- Ensure that gender equity is maintained in training, career promotion, and organizational benefits for female and male staff
- Ensure all new staff are acquainted and familiar with Concern’s gender equality strategy
- Safeguarding Ensure implementation of Concern’s safeguarding policies throughout the relevant processes: recruitment; contracting; awareness-raising and training; programming; complaints; disciplinary action; and monitoring and review
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, all Concern staff has a responsibility to the organization to strive for and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
Job Specification :
- Master’s degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or relevant discipline, with specialization in Human Resources; or
- Bachelor’s degree and a post-graduate diploma in HR Management and at least 7 years’ experience
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a busy HR & Administration department
- Previous experience in an international NGO would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and excellent computer skills
- Good organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality, integrity, and ability to handle sensitive situations
Salary: 43,646 - 52,203
How to Apply
Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa.
Required No: 1
- Be able to solve dispute and problem independently, signing a contract based on the right procedure
Qualification & Experience
- Graduated from any collage 5 years work experience understanding of labor proclamation
- Writing & Speaking English
- Teamwork & Problem-solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the address below
Please specify the position you apply for as a subject of your email
Address: Imperial Road to new stadium Next to Zola Hotel
for more information call to 0966235353