Purpose of the Job: To support the efficient and timely implementation of Owning their future program in the assigned area by (i) coordinating and overseeing the day to day operation of Owning their future program in selected Zone and woreda; (ii) executing Smart Start, SA and PAC demand creation activities and supporting the project team, including Adolescent Health Officers and Smart Start Navigators; (iii) interacting and engaging with RHB, ZHO and Woreda Health bureaus to mobilize support for the Kebele and Woreda level project teams; and (iv) tracking data, generating insights and reporting to the Core Team.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, or related health science fields with three (3) years of demonstrated experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing or related health fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience
Haramaya University is one of the oldest Universities in Ethiopia, with its first intake in 1954. It is about 17km from the city of Harar, 40km from Dire Dawa (where there is a regional airport), and 510km East of Addis Ababa.
- Ph.D. in Medical Microbiology/Infectious Disease/ Molecular Biology or Masters in Microbiology/Infectious Disease/ Molecular Biology and Assistant or Associate Professor of Microbiology/Infectious Disease/Molecular Biology)
- At least 5 years of work experience in research/clinical microbiology laboratory practices
Primarily Hiwot Fana Hospital/Haramaya District Hospital
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Clinical Researcher to be based in Harar, Ethiopia. The role is to support the development of clinical surveillance and medical research, particularly with respect to Child Health and Mortality Prevention Surveillance (CHAMPS) and aligned research projects.
- MD + Paediatrics and Child Health
- Registration with the appropriate regulatory body to practice in Clinical Facilities
- Good communication skills
- Good computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Good management and organizational skills
- Teaching and Research Experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 2 years of work experience in hospital
To strengthen the FMOH capacity in achieving NTD prevention and control targets, with a focus on trachoma mainly trichiasis (TT) surgery. The Technical Assistant (TA) will regularly report to the FMOH, Diseases Prevention and Control Directorate (DPCD), and Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) Team.
- BSc/MD and Masters in Public Health (MPH) with at least eight years of experience and BSC/MD with eight-year experience from a recognized college or university
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on NTDs program implementation and management, but mainly on Trachoma
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
- Diploma or BSc degree in nursing with a minimum of one year of experience for Bsc holder and two years’ experience for Diploma holder in organizing and coaching on young child feeding or nutrition areas.
Light for the World International strives for a world in which persons with disabilities in developing countries have a decent life, equally participate in society and have access to their rights. We focus on persons with disabilities living in poverty, who are amongst the most excluded and underprivileged groups in society. Putting them at the center of our development efforts will advance the removal of barriers for other excluded groups as well and bring about change towards an inclusive society.
- Master’s degree in public health with a minimum of 8 years’ practical experience in project cycle management in general and health-related projects. Experience in NTD is highly preferred.
ABH Partners P.L.C is a leading private consultancy firm engaged in multiple development activities in Ethiopia and beyond. ABH earned its reputation through hard work as demonstrated in effectively carrying out its activities for over a decade.
- Diploma or Degree in any field of study
- Fluent both Amharic and English languages, Knowledge of any other language is an asset
- Able to work in a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ready to learn from others
- Excellent personal communication and file handling skills
- Excellent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet