ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Analyst Program, Analytics Team
Term of Employment: Three years of commitment required
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
As ATA’s strategic advisory and consulting function, the Analytics Team works with Directors and Senior Directors within the organization, as well as senior leadership at partners in government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs and private sector companies, to execute high-impact, analytically challenging projects. The team applies an approach similar to top strategy consulting firms and government strategy units to support partners to more effectively bring together strategic, analytical, technical and operational capabilities required for transformation. Please see http://www.ata.gov.et/programs/analytics/ for additional details.
As the entry point for new graduates or candidates with up to one year of work experience, our 3-year Analyst Program is an extremely fast-paced and varied experience, often quite challenging but also very rewarding. After an initial 3 weeks of onboarding and training, Analysts in the program work with other members of the Analytics Team in three to five-person case teams, completing three to five client cases per year on diverse topics. Analysts, therefore, have the chance to work closely with extraordinary colleagues and learn from senior client staff and stakeholders. They are expected to quickly take on increasing seniority and responsibilities. Rapid development and growth is supported by a best-in-class training and professional development program with approximately 150 training hours in total in the first three years. Each Analyst also receives daily coaching and frequent feedback based on his or her specific development needs and can participate in rotations with other teams at ATA.
The 3-year program, therefore, offers a highly unique experience and provides each analyst with a set of capabilities and tools that can serve as a major strength throughout his or her career. ATA also offers a highly competitive salary. After eighteen to twenty-four months, Analysts who perform well can be promoted to the Senior Analyst role. Senior Analysts take on greater responsibilities including delivering more complex and challenging workstreams independently and starting to oversee the work of Analysts, supported through a progressive training curriculum, regular coaching, and feedback.
At the end of the 3-year program, the best performing Senior Analysts will be invited to join the Analytics Leadership program, which includes an award for graduate study abroad before returning to ATA to continue as Associate Case Team Leader (with a 3-year commitment).
ATA Analytics’ Analyst Program is a fantastic opportunity for young graduates who are highly motivated and passionate about their own development and about making a difference to drive change at a national scale and impact the lives of millions of Ethiopians!.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, and content development, stakeholder input, and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met.
Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions.
Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy.
Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities.
Execute wide range of analysis drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners.
Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of workstreams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations.
Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions.
Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.4 and above, and up to 12 months of professional experience.
Knowledge of agriculture is not required, but applicants should have a strong interest in agricultural and economic development in Ethiopia.
Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Collaborative mindset and a team player.
Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback.
Committed to staying at ATA for at least 3 years.
Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Performs preventive, planned, and unplanned electrical maintenance of all types of vehicles and machines.
- Cheeks to see that all instruments on vehicles are functioning properly.
- Prepares and implements an electrical wiring diagram of instillation for vehicles.
- Makes proper use of various measuring devices and instruments such as meters, timing light, etc. Checks, maintain and follows up the use of grinders, compressors, drills, and others.
- Requests for spare parts and materials follow up their delivery and make effective and efficient use of them. Prepares reports on work performed and estimates involved cost.
- Undertakes spare parts modification work in its own workshop, identifies and recommends spare parts that can be manufactured in local workshop inspects and checks such works.
- Inspects and checks auto-electrical maintenance work performed by others and recommend on acceptability.
- Adheres to established working practices, procedures, and safety precaution systems.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Diploma in Auto-related field of study.
- 4 years in Auto Electrician in manufacturing companies.
- Relevant Experience is the experience that is accumulated after graduation.
Hadero coffee company has established a coffee roasting factory at Jackros (Bole Sub City), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. hadero adds value to green coffee and supply to local and international markets. hadero is looking for highly motivated and experienced personnel to fill the following position.
Post Title: Technical Supervisor
Place of work: Addis Ababa
Salary: As per company scale
Term of employment: Indefinite period (Permanent)
Responsible for protecting and maintenance of all technical areas of the company to the standards laid down by the Company. Provide services in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineering. Install, setup, and monitor various equipment in roasting, grinding and other areas of the company. Responsible for the installation and maintenance of all interior and exterior lighting, ventilation and plumbing, equipment/machines, generator, Espresso machine, fire control equipment and other duties as required.
- Plan and prepare preventive as well as corrective maintenance schedule for the production, office and public areas based on relevant manuals
- Perform timely preventive maintenance on production machines based on the schedule
- Perform manageable repairs and calibrations on production machinery
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of office furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies
- As per the company’s quality control checklist, the maintenance/repair work must be completed
- Ensure office as well as production area windows, doors, furniture, phones/ fax, sockets, lighting, ventilation system, supplementary equipment, bathroom, doors /curtains/blinds, walls/ floor and ceiling are up to the standard
- Be available to work with a flexible schedule
- Perform work duties in accordance with safe and secure procedures
- Liaising with general service provides direct labor as required in the event of emergency situations
- Performs and/or assists in skilled/semiskilled maintenance, installation and repair to buildings and equipment in connection with construction and mechanical trades, including plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical, masonry, metalwork, glazing, tile work, roofing, flooring, ventilating systems, welding, and mechanics.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains all types of door and lock hardware.
- Maintains the inventory of materials needed to perform tasks
- Document technical problems and resolutions for future reference
- Performs other job-related duties as required
- Diploma and higher TVET institute in related discipline
- 2 years’ and above experience Additional requirements:
- Must have a basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, ventilation, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
- Basic daily checkup routines.
- Basic servicing skills.
- Strong communication and willingness to work longer hours when required.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and executing capability
Four Square is an innovative provider of Voice-based Solutions and Web-Based Solution Products that add value to enterprises across the Business Value Chain. Four Square helps businesses drive efficiency by delivering Innovative yet seemingly simple solutions.
Sales and Marketing Executive is to promote and sell company products by demonstrating the advanced technical functions of the product as well as its uses and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Travelling to the customer's location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Any Degree
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak Amharic
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak English
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Ability to travel
Under the general supervision of the property and general service Officer, the Driver/Purchaser drives vehicles and transport personnel and purchases goods and services for the Center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks the vehicles he/she is assigned at the start of each day for the general conditions of the vehicle such as checks the coolants (water and oil), fuel level, tire conditions and drives the vehicle with maximum safety and care and according to the traffic regulations
- Transports goods, equipment, tools, and other materials from place to place
- Gives shuttle services for staffs
- Serves as an ambulance driver for the Center’s service users to be transported to Russian Red Cross (Balcha) or Cure Hospitals
- Picks up and meets persons according to schedules and instructions
- Makes routine services such as washing, cleaning and greasing; and Reports any defective parts of malfunctions
- Settles utility bills and handles bank deposits or withdrawals
- Keeps and submits reports on fuel consumption, mileage, car use, etc using logbook or other formats provided for the purpose
- Collects quotations from suppliers for requests he/she is required to do so
- Collects purchased goods and deliver them to stores
- Reconciles price invoices against final invoices, invoices against goods receiving notes and reports the difference to his/her immediate supervisor
- Keeps records and files of procurement in a systematic manner
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on the status of local procurement
- Performs any other related duties as assigned to him/her by immediate supervisor
Work Unit: Property and general service
Immediate Supervisor: Property and general service Officer
Required number: 01
- High school complete / Diploma in auto mechanics or purchasing
- 4/2 years of relevant experience
- 3rd Grade Driving License
Salary: Birr 3,200.00
This vacancy is for ZAK Ethiopia Soap and Detergent Factory located in Akaki Kality Sub City Addis Ababa.
Technical Operator shall be responsible for the following main activities but not limited to:-
- Report to supervisor/section head for the day to day activities.
- Ensure that parameters of required raw materials sample reports; Post saponification reaction and post plodding stage are under acceptable limits to avoid any quality demerits.
- Interpret chemical reactions on monitors and recorded.
- Ensure all the process parameters and CCP are accurate and with-in the permissible limits.
- Ensure the consumption of ingredients within the limits as instructed.
- Must maintain the logbook with all necessary process data with standard format.
- Liaison with QC to get an analysis of the sample and update his superiors.
- Reprocess materials to be consumed within limits without affecting the product quality and rework to be minimized.
- Ensure equipment/machine preventive maintenance and GHK of the respective areas.
- Adopt 5-S and Kaizen (Continues Improvements).
- To maintain the logbook with the required information
- Co-ordination with plodder and wrapping machine operators.
- Follow delicately SOP’s to Start-Up the plant, Reaction and Shut Down.
- Overall control on the machinery & manpower to ensure the optimum quantity & quality output.
- Candidate should be technically qualified and having experience in soap processing industries.
- Candidate having knowledge of 5-s, ISO preferable.
- Diploma or Level 4 and above in general mechanics and welding or Manufacturing
- No restriction on the number of people.
- At least one year of work experience in welding, be familiar with the welding procedure.
- Comply with the company’s regulation.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedure.
- Knowledge of safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing.
Qualification & Experience:
- University graduate
- More than 3 years’ experience on Mechanical or metal structure fabrication & assembly( hydraulic Steel structure)
- Writing & Speaking English
- Computer skills MS (word & excel)
- Teamwork & Problem-solving
- Required No.: 2
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the address below
Please specify the position you apply for as a subject of your email
Address: Imperial Road to new stadium Next to Zola Hotel
for more information call to 0966235353