The Driver is accountable for ensuring safe and efficient driving in Adama and in project areas. Provides transport service to SCI staff members, visitors or daily errands as assigned by the supervisor. Prepare and submit monthly vehicle usage reports to his immediate boss. Keep up to date data on fuel consumption. Use log sheets for the day to day movement and should be familiar with the safety and security guidelines of Save the Children International.
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
Provide Driving Services
Receiving the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over documents and signs hand-over formats for receipt of the vehicle with its accessories
Providing driving services to the Coordinators, managers, staff members, visitors and guests from head
Handles clients with due care and respect. Respects the faith and culture of different communities
Respects the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to logistic manual
Handles confidential matters with due care and in consultation with senior staff.
Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and windscreen washer water are adequate, etc
On a weekly basis, checks the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and the pressure of tires is at the proper levels, and also ensures that all lights and indicators are working properly
Ensures that the assigned vehicle is not driven by another person unless authorized
When assigned, assists in local purchasing/expediting activities
Maintaining all safety and security measures to the vehicle under his/her care.
Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to him/her is clean, fuelled, lubricated and regularly serviced as per schedule.
Keeps all tools and reserve tire with due care. Handles the vehicle and other related accessories and materials with due care
Cleans seat belts each day and wears the same all times and insists all passengers to do the same
Carry out minor vehicle maintenance at specified intervals and keep thorough maintenance logos for each vehicle.
Have the SCI logo visibly displayed on all SCI vehicles, except where this would jeopardize staff safety or be inappropriate to specific local circumstances.
Park in safe and secure areas all SCI vehicles during working and nonworking hours. Parks the vehicle in a safe place during the night.
Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle
Completion of 12th grade or 10th grade with the current educational system
Own at least third-grade valid driving license.
Trained in Safety and Security
At least 3 years of work experience in International NGOs with a clean driving record.
Willingness to work over weekends, holidays and harsh climatic situations.
Knowledge of basic computer skills is an asset.
Experience in vehicle maintenance
Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in difficult environments
Good English is written and oral communication skills
Commitment to SCI’s aims, values, and principles
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching
Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
Fluency in English, and other national/local languages both verbal and written essential
Commitment to Save the Children values
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Analyst Program, Analytics Team
Term of Employment: Three years of commitment required
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
As ATA’s strategic advisory and consulting function, the Analytics Team works with Directors and Senior Directors within the organization, as well as senior leadership at partners in government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs and private sector companies, to execute high-impact, analytically challenging projects. The team applies an approach similar to top strategy consulting firms and government strategy units to support partners to more effectively bring together strategic, analytical, technical and operational capabilities required for transformation. Please see http://www.ata.gov.et/programs/analytics/ for additional details.
As the entry point for new graduates or candidates with up to one year of work experience, our 3-year Analyst Program is an extremely fast-paced and varied experience, often quite challenging but also very rewarding. After an initial 3 weeks of onboarding and training, Analysts in the program work with other members of the Analytics Team in three to five-person case teams, completing three to five client cases per year on diverse topics. Analysts, therefore, have the chance to work closely with extraordinary colleagues and learn from senior client staff and stakeholders. They are expected to quickly take on increasing seniority and responsibilities. Rapid development and growth is supported by a best-in-class training and professional development program with approximately 150 training hours in total in the first three years. Each Analyst also receives daily coaching and frequent feedback based on his or her specific development needs and can participate in rotations with other teams at ATA.
The 3-year program, therefore, offers a highly unique experience and provides each analyst with a set of capabilities and tools that can serve as a major strength throughout his or her career. ATA also offers a highly competitive salary. After eighteen to twenty-four months, Analysts who perform well can be promoted to the Senior Analyst role. Senior Analysts take on greater responsibilities including delivering more complex and challenging workstreams independently and starting to oversee the work of Analysts, supported through a progressive training curriculum, regular coaching, and feedback.
At the end of the 3-year program, the best performing Senior Analysts will be invited to join the Analytics Leadership program, which includes an award for graduate study abroad before returning to ATA to continue as Associate Case Team Leader (with a 3-year commitment).
ATA Analytics’ Analyst Program is a fantastic opportunity for young graduates who are highly motivated and passionate about their own development and about making a difference to drive change at a national scale and impact the lives of millions of Ethiopians!.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, and content development, stakeholder input, and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met.
Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions.
Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy.
Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities.
Execute wide range of analysis drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners.
Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of workstreams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations.
Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions.
Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.4 and above, and up to 12 months of professional experience.
Knowledge of agriculture is not required, but applicants should have a strong interest in agricultural and economic development in Ethiopia.
Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Collaborative mindset and a team player.
Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback.
Committed to staying at ATA for at least 3 years.
Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from a very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions;
Position Title: Driver
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Shashemene
Required Number: Two
Employment Term: Indefinite period
Reports To: Field Manager
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
- To provide safe and secure transportation services to CRS/ET’s staff, visitors, partners, and guests in accordance with local laws and the policies of CRS;
- To provide proper care and reporting on the maintenance of the vehicle assigned.
Provision of transport services
· Drives CRS/Ethiopia’s vehicles safely as per schedule issued by the Transport Dispatcher;
· Provides the necessary care for passengers and goods transported (checks and receives items to be transported, ensures that every passenger wears seatbelts while traveling in CRS/ET’s vehicle);
· Renews own driving license in a timely manner;
Undertaking minor repair and maintenance
· Performs routine checks on vehicles on a daily basis and reports as necessary on vehicle damage and time of service;
· Checks/corrects proper functioning of all warning and safety instruments on the vehicle before operation;
· Ensures that vehicles are clean at all times;
· Ensures that spare tires, fuel, oil, water, and other necessary tools and accessories (jack with handle, tire range, screw drives) and all First Aid Kits are in place and in good working order;
· Changes and cleans air filters replaces and adjusts A/C fan belt and check/adjust tire pressure as necessary;
Compiling Reports and other functions
· Fills out the log sheet/book for every trip as per CRS/ET’s policy;
· Reports any vehicle problems including damage and breakdowns to supervisor immediately upon return from a trip;
· Reports any accident to the police/relevant Government authority, to the Insurance Company and the supervisor immediately. Take care to complete all relevant forms as per CRS/Et policy;
· Implements all necessary policies and procedures of CRS/Ethiopia and Road Transport Authority;
· Takes proper care and utilize the CRS property i.e. fuel, lubricants, etc. in an economical manner;
· Providing erranding and liaising service as required.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Completion of T/V (10+2) Certificate
- 3rd-grade driving license
- 4 years of relevant experience is required
- Good knowledge of traffic regulations and practices needed in the care and safety operation of assigned vehicle
- Good knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety measures in the area of assignment
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation of motor vehicles as well as to detect and correct minor malfunctions
- Ability to make emergency repair and adjustments to vehicle assigned
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction
- Skill in the use and care of tools and shop equipment used in the automotive trade
Four Square is an innovative provider of Voice-based Solutions and Web-Based Solution Products that add value to enterprises across the Business Value Chain. Four Square helps businesses drive efficiency by delivering Innovative yet seemingly simple solutions.
Sales and Marketing Executive is to promote and sell company products by demonstrating the advanced technical functions of the product as well as its uses and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Travelling to the customer's location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Any Degree
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak Amharic
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak English
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Ability to travel
Under the general supervision of the property and general service Officer, the Driver/Purchaser drives vehicles and transport personnel and purchases goods and services for the Center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks the vehicles he/she is assigned at the start of each day for the general conditions of the vehicle such as checks the coolants (water and oil), fuel level, tire conditions and drives the vehicle with maximum safety and care and according to the traffic regulations
- Transports goods, equipment, tools, and other materials from place to place
- Gives shuttle services for staffs
- Serves as an ambulance driver for the Center’s service users to be transported to Russian Red Cross (Balcha) or Cure Hospitals
- Picks up and meets persons according to schedules and instructions
- Makes routine services such as washing, cleaning and greasing; and Reports any defective parts of malfunctions
- Settles utility bills and handles bank deposits or withdrawals
- Keeps and submits reports on fuel consumption, mileage, car use, etc using logbook or other formats provided for the purpose
- Collects quotations from suppliers for requests he/she is required to do so
- Collects purchased goods and deliver them to stores
- Reconciles price invoices against final invoices, invoices against goods receiving notes and reports the difference to his/her immediate supervisor
- Keeps records and files of procurement in a systematic manner
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on the status of local procurement
- Performs any other related duties as assigned to him/her by immediate supervisor
Work Unit: Property and general service
Immediate Supervisor: Property and general service Officer
Required number: 01
- High school complete / Diploma in auto mechanics or purchasing
- 4/2 years of relevant experience
- 3rd Grade Driving License
Salary: Birr 3,200.00
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #001/2020
Biodiversity and Forestry Program
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors. GIZ Ethiopia is looking to recruit a driver to support the implementation of forest landscape restoration and income generation activities around Borena Saynt National Park for the GIZ-Biodiversity and Forestry programme.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The driver is responsible for
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work
The driver performs the following tasks:
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- Checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- Reports need for service and carry out minor repairs
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes, and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
Other duties/additional tasks
Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Secondary school to college-level education
- Hold a valid 3rd-grade driver’s license
- Certificate in good conducts and/or safe driving
- At least 5 years of working experience as a driver with references
- No major accidents within the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good knowledge of English, and Amharic
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience
- The familiarity of Addis Ababa and Borena Saynt landscapes
- Appropriate appearance and friendly manner
- Free from addictions
Under the direct supervision of the authorized person, the Service Vehicle Driver is responsible for conveying staff, materials and equipment of the organization safely, timely and dependably to the areas where they are required.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Transport of persons, goods and /or documents of the company.
- Distribute outgoing correspondence letters to different organizations and individuals.
- Make sure that the vehicle assigned is always clean.
- Maintain a logbook of the vehicle on a daily basis.
- Keep monthly mileage records.
- Daily check-up of motor oil, water level, tyre condition, bolts, nuts and other basic parts of the vehicle, and make sure that the vehicle is fit for driving.
- Keep service vehicle maintenance follow-up record.
- Follow-up of preventive and annual vehicle examination, insurance renewal, bolo and other schedules of the vehicle.
Department: Human Resources
Qualities and Skills
- 10th grade complete
- Grade 3 driving license.
- 5 years of related work experience
- Trustworthy, sound work ethics and effective business communication skills.
Vacancy No: VA_017_FY20
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center country office in Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs, is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following Driver Logistician post for its Health Programs.
- Drives assigned vehicles carefully and follow transport policy at all times.
- Ensures assigned vehicle has a spare tire, usable tools and is fit for field activity.
- Strictly maintains logbook for the assigned vehicles. Registers every trip and keeps records of related expenses. Ensures payments related to assigned vehicles are paid against the logbook record.
- Ensures assigned vehicle is properly serviced, washed & greased as required.
- Ensures proper procedures are strictly followed when vehicles are checked in and checked out of the garage.
- Provides an immediate report of accidents to the Assistant Logistics Officer.
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle has up-to-date insurance coverage and has undergone annual inspection before the deadline.
- Assists his/her supervisor with administrative & financial responsibilities, as needed. Obtains supervisor approval prior to effecting payments when handling financial transactions.
- Performs other activities as instructed by the supervisor.
Required Number: 1 (one)
Terms of Employment: One-year contract with a possibility of extension
Qualification and Experience:
- 3rd grade or equivalent driving license and completion of secondary school. Training on automotive will be an asset
- Minimum of five years of experience in driving.
- Experience in handling finance and logistics.
- NGO Experience is more preferable.
- Certificate on auto mechanics skills will have an added value.
- Good communication skills, proven experience in driving both in town & rural areas.
- Able to communicate in the English language.
- The candidate must have reasonable experience in fieldwork.
- A recommendation letter from the most recent employer
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
• Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
• Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
• Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before traveling, and ensuring non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
• Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
• Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
• Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
• Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
• Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Provides transport according to the required project/mission activities and needs:
o ensuring the security of passengers and the safety of goods
o driving carefully
o observing speed limits and traffic rules of the country
o respecting MSF security rules
Vehicle condition and maintenance:
• Carries out daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.),
• Is responsible for the presence of all equipment and documents in the vehicle (toolbox, spare tire, rescue equipment, discharge of liability, logbook, first aid kit, maps, ...)
• Performs weekly checks according to the MSF Logbook
• Ensures that the vehicle is always in good condition following instructions and guidelines of Logbook and carries out a handover if another driver uses the vehicle
• Is responsible for the update of the logbook; records mileage, fuel consumption, servicing, repairs, accidents, etc
• Refills the vehicle when necessary
• Keeps the vehicle clean (inside and outside)
• Informs supervisor when action or repairs are needed
• Assists the mechanic when working on the vehicle
Ensures the correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, in particular:
o Loads and offloads the vehicle in good time before departure
• dropping of letters, payment of utility bills, ….)
• Collection or small purchasing of goods as per the request of the supervisor.
• Perform duties based on the given schedule or as per the request of the supervisor.
• NEVER BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR ANY NARCOTIC WHEN
o Submits relevant documents to the receiver of the goods
o Checks the status of delivered goods
o Returns the duly completed documents to Logistics
o Ensures that the goods have the necessary documents
• Ensures that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle
• Ensures all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling and that non-MSF staff sign
• Dis claimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
• Informs his/her supervisor of any incident involving the transportation of passengers or good
• Checks security situation and road conditions before departure
• Knows and respects the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints, and roadblocks. Ensures all passengers know and respect the security rules.
• Knows how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicates with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the vehicle's position and any potential implications
• Carry out small liaison tasks as requested (collecting of documents Carry out small liaison task as requested (collecting of documents, dropping off letters, payment of utility bills, ….)
• Collection or small purchasing of goods as per the request of the supervisor.
• Perform duties based on the given schedule or as per the request of the supervisor.
• NEVER BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR ANY NARCOTIC WHEN DRIVING.
• Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads
• Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
• Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
• Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
• Mission language and local language essential
• Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
• Good knowledge of mission area roads
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioral Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Stress Management