Addis Ababa with limited daily travel out of Addis
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. For more information, visit www.technoserve.org
Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing (AINFP) is a five-year program funded by USAID and Partners in Food Solutions. The program has started to operate in Ethiopia since March 2018. The program provides technical assistance to the food processing industry with the ultimate aim of improving the availability of nutritious food in the market at an affordable price. The driver in this position will be part of the team that supports the project team to achieve anticipated results.
Competent Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this job.
II. Position Description
The position holder is responsible for AINFP project transport services in Addis Ababa as well as the target project areas; this involves driving staff, visitors and others assigned by the project.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that rules and regulations laid down by TNS regarding the use of TNS vehicles are fully adhered to
· Drive AINFP designated vehicle (and others as required) for the transport of staff members and authorized visitors
· Deliver and collect urgent documents or other items to and from government offices, project sites and from clients as required
· Logs trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, and greasing
· Responsible for the day to day follow-up of the vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
· Responsible for keeping the vehicle’s maintenance record including the service time.
· Responsible for managing fuel cards as per the TNS procedure.
· Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
· Ensure vehicle is kept tidy at all times
· Willing to travel outside of the Addis Ababa when needed
· Report any malfunction in a timely manner including but not limited to any unusual noise, oil leakage, flat/worn-out tires, etc.
· Ensure that seat belts are worn at all times inside TNS vehicles
· Ensure the comfort and safety of passengers
· Ensure prompt reporting of accidents irrespective of the value of the damage
· Adhere to rules and regulations of the countries’ traffic law
· Carry a valid driving license at all times
· Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
· Valid 3rd-grade driving license;
· 12th/10th grade complete; Diploma in auto-mechanics is an advantage
· A minimum of 5 (five) years’ experience as a driver. Ability to communicate in both Amharic & English languages, willing and able to work in teams.
· Motivated and committed.
· Flexible, willing to work outside normal office hours and during weekends
· Gender sensitive.
V. Preferred Skills:
· Technical knowledge of vehicles and basic maintenance.
· Experience in an NGO environment.
· Experience in driving a four-wheel-drive/field vehicle.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwTa2rcyd6gjSVDtjWlB-FfDN0GzujVJ93p62LwGM8xzYIGg/viewform and submit a cover letter resume and salary history as a single document (either Word or PDF) by December 16, 2019. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
EDC is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. Founded in 1958, EDC’s headquarters are located in Waltham MA, USA. We also have offices in New York City and Washington, DC, USA. EDC implements projects in over 35 countries.
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Driver will provide transportation support to project staff for project-related activities. The Driver maintains project vehicles and log of vehicle use, cleans and follows up on vehicle services timeframe for the wellbeing of the vehicles in conformity with EDC’s Safety and Security Policies.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION:
The Driver will report to the Regional Logistics Officer.
- Driving, maintaining and servicing the project vehicles in keeping with the highest safety standards.
- Ensuring proper long-term and day-to-day maintenance of all vehicles, including checking the oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires, and other critical equipment.
- Performing pick-ups, deliveries, repairs and makes purchases of office supplies as directed by supervisor.
- Keeping a log of vehicle use, maintenance, and service.
- Greeting and directing visitors.
- Arranging for the collection and delivery of mail or documents, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by superiors within the driver’s capacity.
- A high school diploma is required.
- At least one year of prior experience as a driver in Addis Ababa is required.
- NGO experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Computer literate and basic skills and qualifications in motor mechanics are added advantages.
- Proven punctuality and ability to work as part of a team and excellent references a must.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their CV in person to the READ II- Addis Ababa Office
Addis Ababa Education Bureau
1st Floor -READ II Office
Around 6 Kilo – Next to Leadership Institution Boulding
Additionally, applicants can visit https://go.edc.org/DriverAddisAbaba to send their completed application.
The deadline for application submission is December 14, 2019, at 5 pm Ethiopia Time.
Only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- 3rd Grade Driving License
- Minimum of 2 years experience within an Organization
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their application along with copies of credentials to
P.O.Box: 41822, Addis Ababa or
mail to email address: email@example.com up to December 15, 2019
Further Information may be obtained through telephone number 011 4 71 34 06 or 0930 01 26 37