YOM Institute of Economic Development (YIED) is a legally registered, accredited, and recognized Higher learning Institute engaged in offering MSc and BA Degree in different programs in its main campus in Addis Ababa and regional campuses Hawassa and Bahirdar. The institute comprises a team of highly educated young as well as experienced Ph.D. holders.
The institute was established in 2014 and a pioneer in offering MSc in Project Planning and Management in Ethiopia.
YOM strives to provide state of the art training and research on various areas of development including micro and macroeconomics, project planning and management, agricultural economics, rural development, and environmental economics. It is currently offering training on 97-course areas. The institutions’ demand for new talent is increasing along with the expansion of its programs and services.
YOM value a spirit of inquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity. YOM renders a vibrant working space and allows discretion with a good deal of opportunity for professional development.
YOM is an equal opportunity employer. YOM encourage talented individuals with the required skills and motivation to join our institute. It is a place where only merit reigns and Individuals who demonstrated strong work ethics and discipline are celebrated. seeks a highly skilled and passionate professional to fill the position of Research and Business Development Officer.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Writing a literature review, research reports, concept notes, and funding proposals;
- Drafting, editing and transcribing reports, manuscripts, proposals, and other documents;
- Organizing seminars, workshops and other learning events;
- Ensure timely and accurate dissemination of research findings to the relevant government authorities and research partner;
- Communicate research findings to external audiences as appropriate;
- Review of Research Strategy Priorities with Stakeholders (annual workshop);
- Facilitation of opportunity for partners to bring research questions, ideas and project concepts that they believe to be key national development issues to the Board for consideration through this process;
- Preparation of Annual Research plans to take into consideration the available budget, board strategic directions, and government priorities;
- Review draft Annual Research Plans;
- Make recommendations to the Management Board regarding priority project investments, scale of projects, potential project leaders and process to develop project proposals;
- Builds and maintains a broad network of professional relationships with participants, principal investigators, co‐investigators, research study staff, and other collaborators to ensure successful research collaborations;
- Participates in internal/external research-related conferences and investigator meetings to build and maintain relationships;
- Identifies and reports issues that may affect the accuracy and quality of study design and implementation to meet study aims;
- Ph.D./ Masters’ degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Developmental - Economics or a related field.
- A minimum of one-year relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, curious, team-player.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 2 pages) (iii) original and photocopy of their academic and work experience documents to our office located at Bole Sub-City Woreda 5, Megenagna Area, Sileshi Sehen Building, 10th Floor. Further information can be inquired at 0116674686/0116928292
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.