To provide technical support to Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Supply Agency (EPSA), Regional Health Bureaus, zonal and district health offices on planning and response to vaccine-derived Poliovirus outbreaks with a focus on vaccine management which is consistent with the latest SOPs for outbreak responses.
- The consultant will work closely with national and regional emergency operation center (EOC), the Cold Chain and Vaccine Management -technical working group, EPSA hub manager and regional health bureaus and authorities of the national immunization Programme to accomplish the following: Develop/review the outbreak response SIAs supply and logistics plan.
- Establish cold chain functionality and failure report tracking method and coordinate the maintenance activities.
- Develop/review the distribution plan, route, transport and organize the distribution of the mOPV2 outbreak response supply and logistics.
- Provide training to SIA facilitators at regional and sub-regional levels on mOPV2 vaccine management
- Support Woreda health offices in the management of mOPV2 during the SIA including reverse logistics with accountability for each and every mOPV2 vial received.
- Supervise the use of mOPV2 by vaccination teams during outbreak response SIA and participate in region/ district command post daily coordination meetings and report daily performance to central outbreak response team/command post/
- Organize reverse logistics for used and unused mOPV2 vials
- Support the organization of the destruction and disposal of used mOPV2 at the end of each round of SIA and the destruction of used and unused mOPV2 at the end of the last round of SIA.
- Work with Cold Chain and Vaccine Management team at the hub level and document and report on all vaccine and logistics management and retrieval and destruction of used and unused mOPV2 delivered for the SIAs
- The consultant will be directly recruited by ABH Partners Plc and will report to the ECO EPI officer at ECO
- 6 months (with a possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance)
The consultant must meet the following criteria
- University degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the area of the expertise – Supply Chain and logistics, Biomedical Engineering, Public Health. Training in Cold Chain & vaccine Management will be an asset. A Diploma in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree.
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional work experience at national and decentralized levels in outbreaks response, routine immunization, public health, and other relevant programs.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to governments on the implementation of outbreak responses (polio) and for routine immunization activities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing vaccine and reverse logistics for mOPV2 released for outbreak responses
- Emergency experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with the UN system and Polio Eradication efforts is desired
- Willingness to immediately take up the assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency of English language both speaking and written is a requirement. Fluency and Working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter through the email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Those who prefer to apply in person may submit a CV along with supporting documents to our head office located on Bole road, Behind DH Geda Tower.
For more information, please call at +251 11618 65 20 or visit https://abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list
- Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts;
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping the information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Accomplishes accounting and the Firm mission by completing related results as needed
Education: BA Degree in Accounting
Experience: a minimum of 3 years experience but not more than 5 years.
Knowledge, Skills, Competence:
- Able to work multiple tasks efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit/working in a team
- Interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs
- Keep secrets on employee personal files
- Disciplined, organized
- Open-minded, self-learner
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV on email@example.com before December 15, 2019.
Please make sure you state the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
The Project Analyst provides Office Administration support for a technical assistance project between the Ministry of Revenues and a prestigious international financial institution. The Analyst will support advisors based overseas who frequently travel to Addis Ababa for two to three weeks at a time. When advisors are in Addis Ababa the Analyst will arrange meetings and provide language interpretation support, complete frequent document translations, among other tasks. When advisors are not in the country, the analyst will represent the project and report regularly to the Project Manager (Main Advisor). Communication is done by Phone, Skype, or Email.
- Higher Education in Public Administration, Business, Law, English, Linguistics or related fields
B. Desired Prior work Experience:
- Experience providing translation and interpretation support in English and Amharic
- Experience in office management and administrative support
- Experience in giving written and oral presentations or briefings
- Experience in working with government officials
C. Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English and Amharic is critical
- The Analyst must have a strong oral and verbal command of these languages to provide accurate interpretation during meetings, in workshops and on the job training sessions, as needed
D. Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and word
- Time management skills and the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of officials in local and foreign governments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dedicated and Reliable
E. Key Performance Areas/Outputs
- Translate documents and interpret oral communication
- Prepare accurate, written reports on a regular basis, on multiple projects
- Represent the project when foreign advisors are not in-country
- Coordinate meetings and workshops and assist in achieving access to government officials at all levels
- Handle confidential documents with the utmost discretion
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 8th, 2019