ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Analyst Program, Analytics Team
Term of Employment: Three years of commitment required
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
As ATA’s strategic advisory and consulting function, the Analytics Team works with Directors and Senior Directors within the organization, as well as senior leadership at partners in government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs and private sector companies, to execute high-impact, analytically challenging projects. The team applies an approach similar to top strategy consulting firms and government strategy units to support partners to more effectively bring together strategic, analytical, technical and operational capabilities required for transformation. Please see http://www.ata.gov.et/programs/analytics/ for additional details.
As the entry point for new graduates or candidates with up to one year of work experience, our 3-year Analyst Program is an extremely fast-paced and varied experience, often quite challenging but also very rewarding. After an initial 3 weeks of onboarding and training, Analysts in the program work with other members of the Analytics Team in three to five-person case teams, completing three to five client cases per year on diverse topics. Analysts, therefore, have the chance to work closely with extraordinary colleagues and learn from senior client staff and stakeholders. They are expected to quickly take on increasing seniority and responsibilities. Rapid development and growth is supported by a best-in-class training and professional development program with approximately 150 training hours in total in the first three years. Each Analyst also receives daily coaching and frequent feedback based on his or her specific development needs and can participate in rotations with other teams at ATA.
The 3-year program, therefore, offers a highly unique experience and provides each analyst with a set of capabilities and tools that can serve as a major strength throughout his or her career. ATA also offers a highly competitive salary. After eighteen to twenty-four months, Analysts who perform well can be promoted to the Senior Analyst role. Senior Analysts take on greater responsibilities including delivering more complex and challenging workstreams independently and starting to oversee the work of Analysts, supported through a progressive training curriculum, regular coaching, and feedback.
At the end of the 3-year program, the best performing Senior Analysts will be invited to join the Analytics Leadership program, which includes an award for graduate study abroad before returning to ATA to continue as Associate Case Team Leader (with a 3-year commitment).
ATA Analytics’ Analyst Program is a fantastic opportunity for young graduates who are highly motivated and passionate about their own development and about making a difference to drive change at a national scale and impact the lives of millions of Ethiopians!.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, and content development, stakeholder input, and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met.
Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions.
Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy.
Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities.
Execute wide range of analysis drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners.
Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of workstreams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations.
Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions.
Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.4 and above, and up to 12 months of professional experience.
Knowledge of agriculture is not required, but applicants should have a strong interest in agricultural and economic development in Ethiopia.
Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Collaborative mindset and a team player.
Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback.
Committed to staying at ATA for at least 3 years.
Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) is responsible to lead activities related to tuberculosis laboratory logistics systems established in the country. S/he is expected to support the TB laboratory monitoring system and strengthen areas of the TB laboratory testing program that affect the availability and use of such commodities.
Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Ethiopia
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of the United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health.
In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global collaboration to improve the long-term availability of health commodities
The Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) is responsible to lead activities related to tuberculosis laboratory logistics systems established in the country. S/he is expected to support the TB laboratory monitoring system and strengthen areas of the TB laboratory testing program that affect the availability and use of such commodities. S/he is expected to support activities related to TB laboratory reagents quantification, procurement, distribution and utilization, quality assurance programs, assessment of available equipment and reagents used for the diagnosis of TB. The TB Laboratory Logistics Specialist will report directly to GHSC-PSM Supply Chain Coordinator for TB.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MoH, the Ethiopian Pharmaceuticals and Supply Agency (EPSA), Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI), USAID and other counterparts to monitor the TB laboratory commodities supply chain that are used for the diagnosis of TB and to ensure that the right quantities of TB laboratory commodities are available at all levels of the supply chain.
- Provide technical leadership on TB laboratory commodities management issues used for the diagnosis of TB in Ethiopia.
- Work with EPSA, EPHI and all stakeholders to strengthen TB laboratory supply management of the country.
- Work with public and private sector partners to implement activities that strengthen the management of TB laboratory logistics across the country.
- Serve as the technical expert in TB laboratory services and participate in the establishment of priorities, national laboratory policies and strategic plan which aligning with preventive, promotive, rehabilitative and curative health services.
- Capacitate and mentor the laboratory professionals in facilities who work in reconstitute AFB reagents and distribute the reagents and supplies to peripheral laboratories in the country.
- Compile, evaluate and maintain TB laboratory logistics-related evidence to support advocacy, policy dialogue and planning with MoH, EPHI, EPSA, RHBs, regional laboratories, and other implementing partners.
- Provide advice to the GHSC-PSM management and other staff on TB-related health policies and strategies, interventions, and innovations.
- Lead the collection and maintaining of TB laboratory logistics-related information required for regular reporting to USAID according to timelines as specified in the contract.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build the culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff
- Produce a timely and complete report
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by GHSC-PSM Health Programs Director or his/her designee.
Level of Effort and Location
- The duty station for this position will be at GHSC-PSM central office, Addis Ababa, with intermittent local travels as needed.
- The GHSC-PSM Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) will report directly to the GHSC-PSM Supply chain Coordinator for TB or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory technology, MSc in microbiology or MPH is preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in health supply chain management preferably on laboratory commodities
- Must have adequate practical knowledge in TB laboratory equipment, reagents, and supplies
- Significant knowledge and extensive experience in clinical laboratory work including TB laboratory commodities management.
- Written and spoken English fluency required.
Four Square is an innovative provider of Voice-based Solutions and Web-Based Solution Products that add value to enterprises across the Business Value Chain. Four Square helps businesses drive efficiency by delivering Innovative yet seemingly simple solutions.
Sales and Marketing Executive is to promote and sell company products by demonstrating the advanced technical functions of the product as well as its uses and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Travelling to the customer's location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Any Degree
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak Amharic
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak English
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Ability to travel
Required number: 2 (two)
Number of position: Two
Location: Gullele Sub-city, Arbegnoch Street, Addis Ababa - Ethiopia
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)
Department: National Laboratory Equipment Calibration Center (NLCVC)
Ethiopian Public Health Institute is aiming at establishing an In-house Calibration Center at the team level centered within its own organization. The potential established team will calibrate laboratory equipment and research instruments found in the organization’s facilities and public hospitals throughout the country. Calibration of laboratory and research instruments help for the accreditation of laboratories to international standards. To be able to do so, the institute needs to establish an equipment calibration team that has basic and general metrology skills traceable to international standards. The established team must have knowledge on principles behind ISO/IEC 17025: General Requirements in the Competence of Testing in Calibration Laboratories. Accordingly, the established team needs to be traceable to international standards knowing the effect of the traceability chain in measurement to meet the requirements of the ISO 17025 standards.
Nearly all public health laboratories work research within their diagnosis laboratories and control their research work with scientific equipment within their facilities. This equipment provides vital information in support of obtaining validated data output about their research. To give accurate data results, the performance and accuracy of those measuring equipment in public health laboratories need to be maintained and working properly. Calibration personnel will primarily calibrate research instruments like a pipette, incubators, centrifuges, pressure gauges, a vibration that may result due to the abnormal running motor in Biological safety cabinet, Air data multimeter for Biological Safety cabinet, Vernier caliper, hot air oven, Timing devices, weighting scales, calibration test equipment and many more. The job will be performed both in calibration workshop and On-Site at various facility locations.
Duties in these occupations include
1. Calibration and repair of instruments and associated equipment.
2. Measuring levels, pressure, temperature, gauges, and analytical processes.
3. To maintain, test and repair a variety of instrumentation and equipment.
4. Make sure that instruments and testing devices are calibrated correctly and give accurate readings.
5. Apply measurement science, mathematics, physics, and engineering to design and develop systems and methods for calibrating temperature, pressure, humidity, mass, electrical, dimensional, optical, physical, mechanical, environmental, and/or chemical inspection-measurement, and test-equipment (IM&TE).
6. Analyze and solve calibration problems using advanced statistical mathematics and engineering knowledge.
7. Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes.
8. Develop software to assist in calibration laboratory and/or departmental processes.
9. Recommend calibration standards and inspection-measurement (IM) & test-equipment (TE).
10. Maintain calibration laboratory and/or quality systems.
11. Modifies performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
12. Plans sequence of testing and calibration program for instruments and equipment according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
13. Ensures performance of equipment calibration, testing and validation compliance to international standards.
14. Analyzing, measuring and converting measurement data, using mathematical formulas, documenting and reporting the result of measurements.
15. Practice efficient scientific metrology system for developing a new measurement system and standardizing the existing one.
· Responsible for efficient installation of newly purchased or donated equipment, adjust for start-up and perform calibration according to the manufacturers' calibration data.
· Recording of measurement data with computer system software for unit under test (UUT), feeding the recorded data to the computer software as an input value and comparing the measurement data against the test equipment (calibrator) with analysis of the software output using the known input values, comparisons to manual calculations and statistical analysis.
· Handling and storage of measuring instruments carefully.
· Safeguarding the test instruments against adjustments.
· Document valid calibration procedure and work-flow based on the manufacturer recommendations like equipment identification, calibration dates, and the next calibration date.
· Knowledge of measurement principles compatible with software integration work.
· Keeping new calibration dates updated with a tangibly performed calibration report.
· Perform basic and advanced repair work for equipment as safe resource utilization.
· Establish and implement safe work practices and procedures to prevent faulty operation.
· Depending on the organizational capacity, a calibration person may also be responsible for working with vendors and ordering the necessary parts for a repair.
· Complete various calibrations in a timely and accurate manner.
· Offers specialized training for industry, government agencies, accredited calibration centers, other National Metrology Institutes in the region and educational Institutes.
· Must be able to install, modify, repair, program and calibrate electronic/electrical/pneumatic equipment and systems reading their technical drawings, manuals, and specifications.
· Must be able to read and understand electrical, electronic, instrumentation, pneumatic and computer software & hardware drawings, manuals and specifications.
· Knowledge of principles around standards and traceability, how to apply the good
practice, question, plan, and analyze data.
· Basic understanding of traceability, the substitution of standards, and Test Accuracy and Uncertainty Ratios as part of ISO 17025requirements.
· Skilled with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation, as well as computer-based process control loops and systems; understand and applies basic concepts of calibration and requirements including accuracy testing.
· Basic understanding and application of instruments, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters and research laboratory environment
· Working knowledge of metrology institutions and understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 1705 for calibration laboratories
· Basic understanding and familiarity with laboratory incubators, centrifuge, balances, refrigerators and freezers, stability chambers and other laboratory equipment as needed.
1. Bachelor degree or more in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Minimum 4 years degree in Instrumentation engineering or applied physics
2. With approved level II foundation Calibration Competence certificate or Approved level III Calibration competence qualification certificate. If the above criteria are not met, the knowledge and requirement of ISO/IEC 17025 on personnel may apply. Applicable (Metrology, Instrumentation, Calibration) experience or the equivalent combination of experience as an advantage.
Hagbes Pvt. Ltd. Company has invited qualified applicants for the following job opening for its Head Office, Branches and Sister Companies.
Position: Store Keeper
Qualification: BSc Degree or Diploma in Plant Science, Agronomy or related fields
Experience: Minimum of 2/4 years of relevant experience, Preferably on Coffee, Oil Seeds, Cereals and pulses
- Transport Allowances
- Medical and Insurance Coverage
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Under the direct supervision of the Director Quality Control and Assurance, this position is responsible to understand and document current business procedures of the company, identify areas for improvement and assess and review the implementation of the company’s quality and food safety management system to ensures that there is an integration between business, technology, and quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, design, execute, measure, monitor and control quality system business processes.
- Commit to process improvement and process management and inform and update management on all activities and trends pertaining to the quality management system.
- Providing process improvement initiatives and managing a team as the process improves during process improvement.
- Identifying and removing technical, behavioral and cultural barriers to process-focused management.
- Motivating a functional department throughout the organization to focus on business results as well as customer objectives.
- Facilitate functional department and process owners to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality, and simplification.
- Monitor and measure the benefits of the improved process after post-process implementation to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and improvement in the functional department.
- Identify and analyze business processes to be improved.
- Develop a Quality System Audit team, maintain the competency of the auditor, facilitate a yearly audit plan and conduct audits as per schedule in line with ensuring audit plans are carried out and amended where changes occur.
- Coordinate a team that will be responsible for process assessments, and process design and redesign.
- Promote quality awareness and permanently be on the lookout for ways to improve the quality system and develop a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Analyze operating data and statistics to identify opportunities, develop action plans, and implement process improvements.
- Identify the current state of the process, as well as improvements that need to be made.
- Establish process performance objectives.
- Create KPIs to measure the improvement and success of the quality system process.
- Ensure improvement and performance of the Quality System are assessed and KPIs are recorded and tracked.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of the Management Review of Quality (MRQ) and conduct regular QMS system health checks and manage corrective action by gathering information/data.
- Monitor and measure the benefits of improved processes after post-process implementation to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and improvement in the functional department.
- Working closely with the Process Manager to deliver their vision for process improvement.
- Identifying specific future change requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Education & Experience requirement:
- BSC Degree in Biotechnology, Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in ISO implementation, Business process mapping, Quality systems management.
- Technical skills
- Attentive to quality details
- Organization and efficiency
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
Ambasel Trading House PLC would like to invite competent candidates for the following position
Type of employment: Permanent
- In agronomy, agrochemicals, plant science, agro economics Ph.D. and 4 years or MSc and 6 years or BSc and 8 years relevant experience (experience on inputs utilization and trading)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. For more information, visit www.technoserve.org
II. POSITION DESCRIPTION
A field-based position is responsible for the day-to-day support and training of private coffee processing enterprises to develop and implement sustainable coffee businesses. The training and support covers social responsibility, occupational health and safety, environmental responsibility (Dry mill and farm) and, economic transparency including First aid & Bookkeeping training,
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Identify coffee processing clients and provide them with technical support in the following areas:
· Strengthening the sustainable coffee business practices of at least 12-15 processing units by providing training and day to day support.
· Monitor clients’ compliance with TNS Sustainability Standards and jointly develop action plans to improve compliance.
· Maintain relationships with other TNS field level teams and local stakeholders and leads clients.
· Monitor Coffee processing operations including Volume/quality and traceability.
· Conduct audits to assess compliance and give feedback to clients, updating their action plan.
· Participate in regular team meetings.
· Submit weekly field reports to the project manager and support impact monitoring and evaluation activities.
· Work closely with woreda level government agencies and participate in industry initiatives and partnerships with key stakeholders on issues that promote the mission of TechnoServe’s coffee program.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
I. REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – business, agriculture, the sciences, economics, etc.
· At least 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: coffee processing or agronomy, agri-business, business administration, cooperative management, SME development, agriculture, training or extension is preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
· Willingness to spend significant time in rural areas.
· Excellent English oral & written presentation skills.
· Computer literacy
· A motor bicycle riding license is a must. Ability and willingness to ride a motor bicycle are also mandatory.
· Knowledge of Oromiffaa language is a requirement
II. PREFERRED SKILLS:
· Knowledge of the different coffee certification standards is preferred,