Social Development & Environmental Management Officer
Gambella with extensive field to Woredas
Gambella P/N/Region Lowlands Livelihood Resilience Project (LLRP) financed by the IDA and IFAD would like to invite qualified applicants for the following position:
Position: Social Development & Environmental Management Officer
Education: MSc/MA/BSc/BA Degree in Biological Science, Environmental Science, Anthropology, Sociology, Rural Development and another related field of study
Work Experience: Six years for MSc/MA & Eight years for BSc/BA Experience in Social dimensions of development, Environment and Natural Resources Management, and project monitoring with special emphasis on community development. Experience in Environmental and Social Assessment and Integrated Pest Management
Required No: One (1)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of World Bank safeguard policies is an asset
- Ability to work in a team, independently and frequently travel to hardship area at Woreda Level;
- Good Financial Report writing ability;
- Good Interpersonal communication;
- Computer application;
- Knowledge of working language (Speaking, Writing, and Reading) of the region;
Terms & Conditions of the post:
. Terms of Employment: One year contract with possible extension
. Salary: As per the project Scale
. Duty Station: Gambella with extensive field to Woredas
Interested applicants shall submit non-returnable copies of their CV and supporting documents in person within 15 calendar days from the date of this announcement.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Gambella P/N/Regional State
Office No. 23
Tel: +251 475 51 25 30/ +251 47551544
Benishangule Gumuz Region Lowlands Livelihood Resilience Project (LLRP) financed by the DDA and IFAD would like to invite qualified applicants for the following position:
Position: Rangeland and Pasture Development Officer
Education: MSc/MA or BSc/BA Degree in land use planning and management, Natural resource management, Range science and Management, Agro-ecology and sustainable agriculture, and other related fields
Work Experience: Six years for MSc/MA and Eight years for BSc/BA or relevant experience in land use planning, rangeland and pasture development preferably in projects funded by international development institutions. Demonstrated experience in land use planning/mapping exercises; preferably knowledge of the Pastoral/agro-pastoral customary and production systems. Experience with planning/overseeing larger-scale investments preferably.
Required No: One (1)
Terms and Conditions of the post:
- Terms of Employment: One year contract with possible extension
- Duty Station: Assossa with extensive field to Woredas
Benishangule Gomez Region State
Office No. 03
Tel: +251 577 75 01 41/+251 577 75 01 09
Fax: +251 577 75 08 41
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 23- 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position Title: - Sampling Supervisor
Job Grade: - 7
Duty Station: - Bonga
Availability: - As soon as possible
- Plan, direct and supervise all sampling activities and ensure that sampling is carried out in line with ECX sampling standards and procedure.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures that the condition of the truck (sanitation, canvas, plump, etc.) and the area of sampling is appropriate for sample taking;
· Ensures that trucks are arranged in line with their order of arrival in coordination with the Warehouse Supervisor;
· Ensures the arrangements of all bags on the truck are well-thought-out for sampling before sample taking;
· Monitors and evaluates that the process of sample taking by the Sampler is in line with ECX sampling procedures;
· Ensures whether the sample drawn is representative of the sampling/inspection platform or on the truck;
· Coordinates and supervises the performance of samplers;
· Ensures the random assigning of samplers by the system. In case of inappropriate assignment of samplers reports to the immediate supervisor as per the procedure set;
· Ensures samples are withdrawn at the presence of the owner/legal agent and if the owner/legal agent is not available on the spot return sample tickets;
· Ensures that the sample bags carry no distinctive markings, verifies sample bags used are uniform in size, color and are the property of ECX;
· Sets arrivals rejected because of moisture for re-drying based on duration tables for re-drying;
· Retains documents and reports immediately any technical problems to the immediate supervisor as per the procedure set on the working manual;
· Ensures the signed sampling ticket (both by him/her and sampler) is placed on the proper sample bag;
· Checks repetitively the completed sample has been that of the correct vehicle;
· Ensures that coded samples are directed to the laboratory;
· Immediately reports inappropriate sampling, wrong sampling bags, marked sampling bag, etc. to the immediate supervisor as per the procedure set on the working manual;
· Ensures the segregation of arrival consignment if it is heterogeneous in quality, processing, and type;
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· BSc Plant Science/Crop Science or Agribusiness management or related field and
· 2 years relevant experience in quality control/inspection of agricultural commodities, sampling or related field with supervisory experience
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com on or before December 13, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
- MSc/BA Degree in Mathematics
- Tutorial Experience preferable
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their application along with copies of credentials to
P.O.Box: 41822, Addis Ababa or
mail to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org up to December 15, 2019
Further Information may be obtained through telephone number 011 4 71 34 06 or 0930 01 26 37
The US Embassy Addis Ababa, Human Resource Office is pleased to announce that we no longer accept paper applications for advertised jobs. To view a current list of all available positions and to apply online, please visit https://et.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
Please see the below Vacancy announcement on the Embassy Website and apply online.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: Addis-2019-069
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent will perform clinical laboratory duties in the Embassy Health Unit (HU) and provide a full range of professional clinical laboratory services to the Mission community. The position is under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO)/Medical Provider (MP)/Regional Medical Laboratory Scientist (RMLS). In addition, the incumbent will conduct and participate in the educational and training functions of the HU. The incumbent will manage the Quality Assurance (QA) program including maintaining computer-based programs
WORK HOURS: Full-time (40 hours/week)
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): Position Grade: FSN-8, – 12,133.00 USD per year.
Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-06
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
Duration of Appointment: Indefinite subject to the successful completion of the probationary period.
NOTE: For ordinarily resident employees, salary will be paid in local currency using the established exchange rate.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemistry, physical or biological science from a recognized institution is required. Must possess and maintain a current certification as a Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist as required from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
Required Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of clinical laboratory experience in a hospital laboratory, health agency or medical research program is required.
Language Requirement: Level III (Good working knowledge-speaking/reading/writing) in English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required Amharic is required.
(You are required to pass the English Placement Test (EPT) that is conducted by the Human Resources Office).
Job Knowledge: Fully developed skills to perform waived to high complexity laboratory testing in the areas of hematology, urinalysis, chemistry, microbiology, serology, immunology, blood banking, and parasitology. Possess advanced critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret the results of such testing. Proficiency in specimen collection and phlebotomy are essential. Must be familiar with U.S. laboratory standards of testing and quality assurance practices as defined by the CLIA '88. Must have knowledge of laboratory equipment used in performing a variety of laboratory tests. (This may be tested).
How to Apply
For more information on ERA and to view current job opportunities, please go to https://et.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/