ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Analyst Program, Analytics Team
Term of Employment: Three years of commitment required
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
As ATA’s strategic advisory and consulting function, the Analytics Team works with Directors and Senior Directors within the organization, as well as senior leadership at partners in government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs and private sector companies, to execute high-impact, analytically challenging projects. The team applies an approach similar to top strategy consulting firms and government strategy units to support partners to more effectively bring together strategic, analytical, technical and operational capabilities required for transformation. Please see http://www.ata.gov.et/programs/analytics/ for additional details.
As the entry point for new graduates or candidates with up to one year of work experience, our 3-year Analyst Program is an extremely fast-paced and varied experience, often quite challenging but also very rewarding. After an initial 3 weeks of onboarding and training, Analysts in the program work with other members of the Analytics Team in three to five-person case teams, completing three to five client cases per year on diverse topics. Analysts, therefore, have the chance to work closely with extraordinary colleagues and learn from senior client staff and stakeholders. They are expected to quickly take on increasing seniority and responsibilities. Rapid development and growth is supported by a best-in-class training and professional development program with approximately 150 training hours in total in the first three years. Each Analyst also receives daily coaching and frequent feedback based on his or her specific development needs and can participate in rotations with other teams at ATA.
The 3-year program, therefore, offers a highly unique experience and provides each analyst with a set of capabilities and tools that can serve as a major strength throughout his or her career. ATA also offers a highly competitive salary. After eighteen to twenty-four months, Analysts who perform well can be promoted to the Senior Analyst role. Senior Analysts take on greater responsibilities including delivering more complex and challenging workstreams independently and starting to oversee the work of Analysts, supported through a progressive training curriculum, regular coaching, and feedback.
At the end of the 3-year program, the best performing Senior Analysts will be invited to join the Analytics Leadership program, which includes an award for graduate study abroad before returning to ATA to continue as Associate Case Team Leader (with a 3-year commitment).
ATA Analytics’ Analyst Program is a fantastic opportunity for young graduates who are highly motivated and passionate about their own development and about making a difference to drive change at a national scale and impact the lives of millions of Ethiopians!.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, prioritize and manage workstreams from start to finish, including data collection, analysis, and content development, stakeholder input, and validation, and ensure required timelines and quality standards are met.
Identify and structure problems, develop key hypotheses and innovative solutions, and apply suitable analytical frameworks and approaches to test this hypothesis and solutions.
Identify and acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative data using a range of applied and pragmatic techniques, quality control data to ensure validity and accuracy.
Organize and conduct interviews with up to mid-manager level stakeholders, plan and execute other critical stakeholder management activities.
Execute wide range of analysis drawing on best practice approaches used in public and private sectors, and from various academic fields, to generate critical and actionable insights for partners.
Produce high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
Proactively and frequently engage with senior staff to seek input and enhance outputs, identify risks and issues affecting timely delivery of workstreams, and promptly communicate upward with solution options and recommendations.
Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in internal and external discussions.
Effectively manage operational activities (e.g. scheduling, logistical and financial organization of field trips and workshops, procurement processes, etc.) for delivery of workstreams.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 3.4 and above, and up to 12 months of professional experience.
Knowledge of agriculture is not required, but applicants should have a strong interest in agricultural and economic development in Ethiopia.
Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Collaborative mindset and a team player.
Strong desire to learn, highly coachable and values frequent, constructive feedback.
Committed to staying at ATA for at least 3 years.
Fluent in English and Amharic, with strong written and oral communication skills.
The Senior Capacity Building and Training Specialist will provide technical and operational support to the IFES-Ethiopia field office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support IFES technical experts in the design and implementation of capacity building and training activities on electoral administration, electoral legal framework, and electoral dispute resolution with the NEBE and Federal Supreme Court;
- Support other capacity building and training activities as directed by the Senior Project Manager, based on approved Workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant frameworks;
- Provide input into the annual work plan drafting process;
- Coordinate with UNDP and EU/ECES, IFES’ CEPPS partners, and other USAID implementing partners to plan for and facilitate the implementation of training activities with the NEBE, including at the regional level;
- Represent IFES to participate in coordination meetings, roundtables, or other events per Senior Project Manager’s guidance;
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including monthly, quarterly, and final performance reports;
- Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection, particularly on the training workshops, including collecting and entering participation and pre- and post-training assessment data;
- Maintain crucial project documents which track project progress, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Senior Project Manager;
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the capacity building and training plan, communicate these items with the Senior Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions;
- Closely monitor the capacity building and training schedule, monitoring deadlines for each training task, raise potential delays with the Senior Project Manager;
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met;
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Amharic required; including typing.
- Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Field Job Grade: 9
Manager: IFES Ethiopia Senior Project Manager
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with the IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English language, political science, international relations or related required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience; experience working with USAID-support projects/international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs considered a plus;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration preferred;
- Demonstrated professional experience in drafting training plan, manuals and other materials in Amharic and English;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
- Familiarity with Building Resources in Democracy, Governance, and Elections (BRIDGE) training or electoral legal framework preferred;
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel.
Four Square is an innovative provider of Voice-based Solutions and Web-Based Solution Products that add value to enterprises across the Business Value Chain. Four Square helps businesses drive efficiency by delivering Innovative yet seemingly simple solutions.
Sales and Marketing Executive is to promote and sell company products by demonstrating the advanced technical functions of the product as well as its uses and benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Travelling to the customer's location to talk about our product range.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Advising customers on technology upgrades and related products.
- Composing tender documents and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Maintaining strong customer relations.
- Attending product training courses and seminars.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Any Degree
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak Amharic
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak English
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and Office Software.
- Ability to meet sales and commission targets.
- Ability to travel
AREN group of industries PLC is a newly registered company that will be involved in the FMCG manufacturing sector including the production of refined edible oil, soap and detergent products among others. Thus, we would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following positions.
- Good command of Hindi, Amharic and English language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skill is also an advantage