Kiyanni International Business PLC
Position: BTS (CELL) Equipment Engineer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 9 months ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
Scope would include GSM cell site equipment engineering responsibilities (design, ordering, receiving, budget, and implementation).
Essential Job Function:
Manage the centralized equipment engineering function; responsible for the layout design, specification, capital project creation and requisitioning of network and adjunct growth cell equipment.
- Responsible for calculating, defining, and procuring all cell site related hardware/equipment required for the new cell site build process and network expansion projects as required by the local market and RF design plans. This includes equipment specification, space planning, HVAC calculations, DC & AC power calculations, ordering, forecasting, and ensuring equipment is available to meet the project deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring all cell-site records are updated.
- Manages outside vendors to ensure orders are placed and received in a timely manner to meet project timelines and that pricing is favorable to the corporation.
- Interface with major outside vendors to address equipment requirements, resolve equipment design disputes and resolve invoicing and other payment issues, keeping network projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work with market-based Implementation Managers/Engineers to ensure the consistent application of standards.
- Management of the Network requisitioning process for all network BTS equipment to ensure the prompt and efficient purchasing and delivery of network hardware and services that provide required capacity and improved performance for the wireless networks.
- Resolve delivery and invoice discrepancies with suppliers
- Support equipment engineering requirements for BTS - performing detailed site and component engineering, space planning and capital budget forecasting.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/communication Engineering or equivalent wireless equipment engineer experience
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the wireless network architecture required. Strong knowledge of equipment and power requirements.
- General financial background to assist in managing receiving issues, vendor payment, and network budget.
- Strong supervisory skills required to lead personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English) required to interface with levels up to and including executive teams on a regular basis and to conduct negotiations with vendors.
- The ability to manage multiple projects/tasks with minimal timeframes and direction is required.
- System and PC skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and PowerPoint, Oracle Financials, etc.