GeezJobs - Recruitment Department
Position: Assistant Accountant
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 week ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
GeezJobs - Recruitment Department would like to recruit highly qualified and Competent professional applicants for the Assistant Accountant position on behalf of a company that works on an Importer & representative of foreign firms as a commission agent mainly work on the tender basis having more than 18 Years Experience.
The Assistant Accountant will provide support to the senior accountant and wider finance team by helping to prepare financial statements, accounts, budgets, processing invoices and preparing VAT returns.
Assistant Accountants are also a key member of the finance team who is responsible for the finalization of month-end and year-end accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the senior/managing accountant and wider finance team
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Completing purchase orders.
- Managing payroll.
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
- Assisting with budgets.
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing VAT return
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational Qualification: Diploma or Degree in Accounting or related fields of study
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in dynamic business companies
- Quick learner, always take the initiative, passionate about her job with a strong personality
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Sociable, organizer and believe in teamwork
- Analytical ability
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- High level of numeracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- The ability to prioritize work
- An organized and methodical approach to a task
- Good administrative skills
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to (often complex) in-house systems
- Literate in Accounting software
- Basic knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Access, or other
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application with a non-returnable CV, Cover letter and supporting documents through email email@example.com