Organization for Rehabilitation and Development in Amhara (ORDA)
Position: Gender, Disability and Culture Unit Manager
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Salary: 17,236.00 Birr
Posted date: 9 months ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
Organization for Rehabilitation and Development in Amhara (ORDA) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to improving livelihood and environmental security in Amhara Region, Ethiopia. ORDA would like to invite competent candidates who fulfill the requirements of the vacancy indicated below.
Job Title: Gender, Disability and Culture Unit Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Job Grade: IV
Salary and Benefit: 17,236.00 (Seventeen Thousand Two Hundred Thirty-Six Birr)
Term of employment: Permanent
Duty Station: Bahir Dar, Head Office
Numbers required: One (1)
Sex: Female only
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the organization strategically on gender and disability
- Advising, mentoring, coaching, and providing technical support to the unit staff work.
- Closely work with programs and teams of the organization in relation to gender, disability, and HIV/AIDS.
- Participate in the organizational strategy development and prepare an annual plan and action plans
- Provide technical backstopping and capacity development fo programs and projects.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of projects and developing a checklist in advance for monitoring/reviewing gender, disability, and HIV/AIDS activities.
- Builds and maintains strategic and cooperative relationships within development partners.
- Ensure program quality in relation to gender and disability through setting standards.
- Ensure proper documentation of best experience, success stories, and lessons learned in the area of gender and disability.
- Ensure that gender, Disability, and HIV/AIDS prevention are mainstreamed across programs, projects, and other organizational departments and services.
- Engage and participate in networks, meetings, workshops, and other efforts that are related to gender, THP, disability and HIV AIDS with the aim of exchanging knowledge and experience
- Facilitation of data collection and information on gender, disability and HIV/AIDS prevention and fo make analysis and recommendation as solutions with an action plan.
- Participate and/or facilitate studies and assessments on gender and disability
- Participate in the preparation of gender-responsive development project designing
- Setting and updating organizational gender and disability strategies, policies, manuals, checklists
- Carry out other activities as assigned by the executive director and deputy Executive director/programs/
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a diverse team and maintain team synergy.
- Productive teamwork with members in multiple /Ability to coaching diversified team members
- Strong personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service and be proactive, self-aware, flexible.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-removing, entrepreneurial environment, with an emphasis on high-performance, results and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a highly collaborative working style and strong willingness to learn, and the ability to be a real team player.
- Strong personal commitment fo ORDA'S vision, mission, and goals and fo put it into practice.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex/stressful environment, building successful work relationships across organizational departments.
- Commendable computer skills (word, excel PowerPoint, outlook access, etc.)
- Fluency in oral and written English language
- MA/MSC/BA/BSC, on Gender Studies, Gender and Development Study, Gender and Special Need Studies, Rural Development, Social Studies, Social Work, Sociology and Social Anthropology, Sociology and Social Work Legal Studies, Psychology (Social Psychology) with 7/9 years of Managerial Work Experience