Position: Consumer planning, research and capability Manager
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted, and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve this, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Diageo leads the way in developing new approaches to marketing. The Diageo way of brand building – developed by our own marketers who are some of the best in the business – gives us a consistent set of marketing processes, tools, and approaches across our organization and puts the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Internally and externally, it is recognized as a fine example of best practice.
1/ Game Planning
Manage the Game Planning process
- Helps teams create provocative and insightful workshops to identify opportunities and challenges for each brand
- Support the process from identification of opportunities and threats to high quality, final GAME plans which have been approved, and joined up with other commercial plans, and aligned with regional and global brand strategies.
- Best practice M&E for all brands
- Champion DWBB – Diageo brand building best practice
2/ Consumer Insight Development
- Work with the team to proactively define and communicate consumer opportunities for growth
- Uncover insights that can be applied to develop big ideas which unlock growth
- Transform consumer research capability in each of the markets
- Uses consumer information (Brand tracking etc) to help the business navigate
Fully embed a result-oriented culture focused on generating tangible results and having a measurable impact on business outcomes
3) People and Training Development
- The rapid development of functional and leadership capabilities.
- Support the development of the overall marketing function, leading and training on all key disciplines, alongside the Marketing Director.
- Develop and tailor the content of the training programmes
Qualification and experience required
- 5-6 years + experience in marketing/consumer planning/insights. Experience in a research agency is an added advantage,
- University degree in marketing/business
- Strong leadership potential as demonstrated by involvement in leadership roles outside of academic achievements.
How to apply
Follow the link to apply: Click Here