SARIA CONSULTANCY P.L.C
Position: Regional Expert
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Amahara, Oromia, Somalia, and Tigray Region
Posted date: 3 days ago
Application Deadline: Aug, 8/2020 (3 days left)
Overview: On behalf of its client, SARIA Consultancy plc. is seeking a qualified Regional Expert Consultant for the Amhara, Oromia Somali, and Tigray region to provide technical and programmatic support to help reduce political instability, prevent spoilers to Ethiopia’s reform process, and mitigate against a return to hostilities by working with nascent political parties that play a constructive role in Ethiopian society. This position is open to Ethiopian nationals only and based in the Amhara, Oromia, Somali and Tigray region of Ethiopia.
- Serve as the regional focal point and oversee the day-to-day implementation and management of the Client’s project in the region;
- Provide support to the Senior Project Director regarding technical strategy, direction, and management for the project in the Region, which will include broad-based consultations and convening with local stakeholders to ensure the quality and appropriateness of programming at the regional level;
- Serve as an effective and strategic liaison with government authorities and stakeholders in the Region;
- Support data collection and data management, including recording and organizing data, for the program at the regional level in accordance with the M&E plan stated targets and in close cooperation with Home Office technical staff;
- Help manage the project’s overall learning agenda to derive lessons learned and best practices from the project activities and contribute to quarterly program evaluations;
- As requested, support Political Party Experts and other consultants in the implementation of activities at the regional level for your respective region;
- Work with consultants to help adapt training materials to regional contexts and translate materials as needed;
- Closely monitor local and national media, and provide accurate reporting in line with the Senior Project Director and Home Office technical staff requests and guidance;
- As requested, deliver technical capacity-building assistance to program partners and beneficiaries, including inactivity design, preparation, implementation, and after-action reporting;
- Prepare, present, and update regional work plans that contribute to the project’s M&E framework and reporting deliverables;
- Support the Senior Project Director to represent the client externally at meetings, workshops, and other events; and
- As required, provide additional programming support.
- National position, the incumbent is to be based in each the above-stated regions;
- Recent experience working in the region with strong networking and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively adapt and respond to a fluid environment, and experience coordinating with regional stakeholders;
- University Degree (or higher) in political science, peacebuilding and conflict intervention, management, or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in project support and oversight, including managing programs in conflict-sensitive environments, coordinating with staff and consultants and activity oversight;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fields related to capacity building, peacebuilding and conflict management, human rights and good governance, or similar technical areas;
- Professional national language fluency is essential and other regional languages would be helpful; strong English writing and speaking, including computer skills, are required.
- Experience with U.S. funded project compliance and reporting is desirable.
Locations: Amahara, Oromia, Somalia, and Tigray Region
Duration:- One year with possible extension
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit your application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for & CV through firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of August 2020.