Under the general supervision of the Director, Sourcing and Logistics Department, Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and controls the purchasing/procurement of raw materials, spare parts, and supplies necessary for the operations of the companies under ABIG group. Supervises the entire process of purchasing including the preparation, organization, and analysis of bids to assure that commodities are purchased according to the specifications, desired quantities, and acceptable prices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coordination and control services for all procurement activities related to raw materials, spare parts, and other supplies;
- Implement policies and procedures designed to assure overall economic purchasing;
- Establish an efficient system of cost management and budgeting for the section in order to promote the profitability of the company.
- Report and analyze purchasing performance; Take action if short, mid and long term objectives of the department are in jeopardy.
- Implement purchasing KPI dashboard in line with the department’s objectives, key risk, and performance areas.
- Manage the Tendering, Negotiation, AND Supplier Selection processes; Ensure availability of Requirements and Conditions prior to tendering.
- Manage the operational supplier relationships; Develop and implement supplier evaluation system to track the performance of the suppliers; Periodically review and follow up on the performance of the suppliers.
- Report order status, financial performance, and supplier performance (quality, delivery, service) for purchasing materials and services on a regular base.
- Responsible for implementation and follow up sourcing plans for the main local purchasing categories to ensure price competitiveness, continuous long term supply, and anticipate future opportunities.
- Coordinate with third-party logistics, with vendors, and service providers.
- Responsible for managing the contracts of suppliers;
- Update and develop (new) contracts for the suppliers and make sure that the contract is respected by Suppliers.
- Review declarations collected from transit agents and handle customs clearance.
- Maintains up-to-date and systematic records pertaining to prices, suppliers, procurement schedules, etc.
- Ensure people development within the Purchasing department, including coaching and arranging training, Motivating, and developing the staff in order to ensure the achievement of objectives of the department.
- Build and maintain relationships with other departments in order to ensure stability and success in day to day activities
- Evaluates the performance of purchasers in line with the KPIs set for them
- Staff the department with qualified employees and take administrative actions as required.
- Perform other related assignments as might be given by his immediate supervisors from time to time.
Requisite Qualifications and Experience
- BA /MA Degree in Procurement & Supplies Management / Purchasing / Management / Business Management, Statistics, Accounting, or other Business related fields from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience preferably in manufacturing industries.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Having Innovative and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead change, mentor, and motivate individuals/teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- High analytical abilities
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and an updated CV (WITHOUT ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AT THIS STAGE) through the following address:
Please mention the specific position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.