As our name suggests, we provide solutions to everyday business challenges using only the best and most efficient Applications, Systems, and Hardware in the IT industry. But we are focused on four key strategic areas; IT Infrastructure, Security, Fleet Management, and Virtual Internet Service Provider (VISP). Our customers have access to vast resources with a combined experience of over 30 years in Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Business Application Systems and so much more.
The engineer is responsible for routine installation, testing, analysis and support of all elements of the network facilities (including modems, core routers, and switches, firewalls, power, communication lines, software, terminals, and servers), ensuring stable network performance.
Assess network needs for internal and external customers; design solutions that conform to company and IT standards for projects.
Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources. Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance.
Troubleshoots networking and operating systems problems, providing technical assistance and resolution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and configure new network devices and servers for internal and external customers.
- Add devices into a monitoring platform and turnover to junior teams.
- Act as an escalation pint for the junior team and lead engineer for internal and external projects.
- Conduct site surveys and implementation assessments for internal and external customers.
- Communicates (oral and written) effectively with customers, vendors, colleagues, and management about services, system availability, and information.
- Partner with internal and external team members on projects and/or problem resolution tasks.
- Plan, install and provide daily operational support for managed customer networking environments (switching/routing infrastructure, firewalls, load balancers, IPS/IDS, etc.).
- Consult with customers regarding network performance problems, ideas for design improvements, planning their environment turn-up, etc.
- Suggest future products as well as offer enhancements for existing products.
- Provide technical assistance and training to junior level engineers/technicians.
- As a member of the network operations team participates in an on-call support rotation to ensure 24x7x365 coverage for critical core and customer infrastructure.
- Monitor and conduct daily backups for internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 2-3 years of hands-on network/security experience working in IT operations.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures relating to network technologies, to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting customer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, supervisors, and co-workers in a manner consistent with customer service focus and application of positive cultural norms
- CCNA and/or CCNP required.
- Working Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge.
- Advanced understanding of subnetting, VLAN's, and address schemas
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts and TCP/IP
- Advanced experience with PCs, servers, and Cisco network switches
- Advanced knowledge of routing. (i.e. gateway, subnet mask, RIP, EIGRP, IGRP)
- Advanced understanding of DNS, DHCP, and WINS protocols.
- Advanced understanding of WAN protocols.
- Advanced understanding of Voice protocols.
Interested and eligible applicants may drop their CV in person along with copies of relevant credentials to G2G office located around filwha, behind the ministry of science and innovation minister, or email your application to email@example.com
For directions, you may call at 0910547954.