MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Perform repair/maintenance/construction works, according to the supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards, in order to ensure proper operations and prevent faults/deterioration of MSF equipment/installations/infrastructures.
- Carry out all minor works (construction, repairs, etc.) requested by the line manager, as well as any task identified by the employee and approved by the line manager.
- Perform regular maintenance of MSF installations/equipment/infrastructures (base, house, store, warehouse, health center, hospital, etc.), particularly in line with a preventive maintenance plan (procedures to follow, schedule, etc.).
- In the event of faults/deterioration, diagnose the problem, and propose possible solutions to the line manager and/or technical adviser.
- Perform any necessary tests/checks to confirm the proper operation of the installation or equipment after repair.
- Ensure effective management, protection, and care of work tools (including site installations under the employee’s supervision) and keep the workshop tidy.
- Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage those stocks; placing orders in time.
- Keep all documents related to installations/equipment/infrastructures in order and update them regularly.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft, or attempted break-ins.
- Assist the logistics department for any related work needed.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Preparing different items in stock for all maintenance for the different premises
- Preparing all the necessary equipment to carried out the maintenances.
- Make sure that all the equipment to handle the works is in stock and placed in good condition.
- Respect all mission policies in regards to HR, national staff health policy, and any other rule in the project.
High school graduate
Experience: Previous experience desirable
Languages: English is essential, Any other Ethiopian language is desirable
Knowledge: Essential ability to do basic repairs
Competencies: • Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Behavioral Flexibility L1
• Stress Management L1
• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Service Orientation L1- Results