International Rescue Committee - IRC
Position: Water Technician Officer - Re-advertisement
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: ********
Posted date: 4 days ago
Application Deadline: Jul, 7/2020 (3 days left)
Job Title: Water Technician Officer - Re-advertisement
Sector: Environmental Health
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Summary Statement of Duties and Responsibilities: Water Technician Officer will report to the Environmental Health Manager based at Heloweyn Camp. His/her role will be the installation of water lines, electro-mechanical equipment, and parts, ensuring the functioning of equipment, maintenance of supply system including submersible pumps, surface pumps, generators, switchboards, welding machines, pipeline installation and maintenance towards the supply of safe and adequate water to the camp refugee, host community and implementing partner’s population.
Position role include but not limited to:-
- Serve as main technical focal person for the activities related to troubleshooting, operation, and servicing of pumps, generators, control systems, etc. of water supply systems in Heloweyn and Buramino refugee camps, reception center and for the host community.
- Identify gaps and plan for on-site training to build the capacity Water Technician Assistant, Plumbers, and water caretakers in Heloweyn and Buramino refugee Camps.
- Ensures that all generators, pumps, fittings at production and distribution systems, tap stands, water storage tanks have enough back up easily moving parts.
- Prepare detailed specifications including item description, part #, and quantity of spare parts necessary to fix identified problems on electro-mechanical parts (pumps, generator set, control panels, etc).
- Identify needs and ensure the procurement of tools and equipment required for the operation & maintenance of generators, pumps, and control panels for pumps.
- In coordination with other teams, the EH Officer will Prepare detail water sector physical & financial implementation plan which includes but not limited to activity plan, spending plan, and procurement plan
- Keep records of fuel consumption, generator working hours, and electro-mechanical equipment performance indicators during the operation and maintenance phase and report to the EH Manager.
- Organize and deliver training on operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical parts to Water System Caretakers, plumbers, and Water Technician Assistants.
- Track and maintain records on all activities related to hygiene promotion campaigns, NFIs distribution, and water test records at health facilities and communities’ levels.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports and keep the supervisor informed of the maintenance and installation of electromechanical parts.
- Visit the generators and pump on a daily bases and provide guidance and advice for the operators and maintenance team.
- Install generators and pumps in the water supply systems.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in more than one of the following areas: primary health care, reproductive health care, drug management, and demonstrated experience in project design, proposal development, and fund-raising
Minimum skills & qualifications:
- Degree in Electromechanical, Electricity, Auto Mechanics, General Mechanics, or related and who have excellent experience in surface water management and at least 3 years of relevant experience for first degree and 2 years of relevant experience for postgraduate degree holders.
- NGO experience is preferable.
- Excellent Experience in surface and submersible pump operation and maintenance
- Computer literate in word and excel.
- Good writing and spoken skill in English
- Good interpersonal skill to work with a team
How to apply
Follow the link to apply: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/9116?c=rescue
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at IRC. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.