Position: Finance Associate
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ababa Abeba - Ethiopia
Posted date: 2 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
PxD is looking for a motivated, resourceful, and optimistic person to join a high-performing, flexible and non-hierarchical team as a Finance Associate.
The role can be entry-level but previous work experience is preferred. The successful candidate will work closely with the Ethiopia team, and with members of the HR Operations and Finance team, to support the organization's rapidly growing operations.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Finance and Accounting
- Keep accurate records of all daily transactions.
- Prepare timely financial reports, including balance sheets, and monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process invoices and payments.
- Process and record staff advances.
- Follow-up on staff retirement plans and benefits.
- Update internal systems with financial data.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Support banking processes; deliver bank transfer letters.
- Support the financial audits.
- Support withholding tax requirements and payment compliance.
- Support the country director with organizational compliance matters.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Procure and maintain office equipment and supplies; ensure items are in good working order and available.
- Assist in office management and maintenance of facilities.
- Support organizational events and workshops, including the production and distribution of materials.
- Support logistical and administration aspects of program activities, including asset management.
- Manage and coordinate staff and visitor travel, in and outside of Ethiopia.
- Support the process of vendor setup, and purchase orders in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Collect monthly, quarterly, and annual data as directed by the Country Director.
- Support day-to-day administration activities and record keeping and filing.
- Provide additional administrative support to staff as directed by the Country Director.
The following qualifications, skills and experience are important:
- Accounting basics.
- Good with numbers and figures and analytical acumen.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Good understanding of financial systems.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- A bachelor’s degree or an industry-relevant equivalent.
PxD is committed to building an inclusive and diverse organization. We don’t make decisions based on gender, gender identity, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation or any other personal characteristics that are unrelated to the role. We understand that everyone has different lifestyles and we accommodate flexible working to make sure you are as productive and happy as you can be.
We will use any personal data you provide for recruitment purposes only.
PxD is a rapidly scaling global non-profit that harnesses the power of technology, data science and behavioral economics to provide targeted information to farmers in low and middle-income countries. Providing the right information to the right people, in the right way and at the right time, increases incomes, protects the environment and improves well-being. We are evidence-based: we test our interventions with randomized controlled trials to prove our impact and cost-effectiveness, to simultaneously learn from and improve our service, and to demonstrate our value to funders and partners. There are few programs in international development that are as demonstrably cost-effective as ours.