Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO)
Position: Quality Controller
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Dimma,Okugu Refugee Camp - Ethiopia
Posted date: 2 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
ASDEPO’s mission is to improve the lives of needy mothers, children, youths, and elders from first to last escalating their access to health and education services, supporting income generation and improving the natural environment, using a holistic and participatory loom.
ASDEPO is a local Civil Society Organization that has been working in all Regions of Ethiopia towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. ASDEPO implements a range of multi-sectorial development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian response Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues.
The Quality Controller will be responsible for ensuring the quality and compliance of services and operations within the camp. They are responsible for monitoring and evaluating various aspects of camp activities to maintain high standards and contribute to the well-being of the refugee population.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Inspect food quality before and after the distribution
- Establish solid food safety preventative measures after performing
- Perform regular quality risk assessment for food handling activities at the school
- Establish and maintain coordination with storekeeper, School directors; School food management committee; and local educational and health authorities for smooth support on food testing and inspection
- Ensure food stores comply with WFP’s manuals on Storage of Special Nutritious Foods and Grains.
- Propose proactively preventive measures to mitigate food losses and food incidents/foodborne diseases.
- Follow up on the shelf life of foods in warehouses, notify and advise on the actions to be taken accordingly.
- In the case of food quality issues identified, propose corrective actions to address the food quality issues and minimize losses of food.
- Prepare regular reports related to Food Quality and Food Safety and provide regular updates to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Perform regular commodity inventory at schools.
- Work collaboratively with other project staff
- Perform other related duties as required.
Career Level: Senior-Level (3+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: 6 months with possible extension
Required Number: 1
- Bachelors or Diploma (e.g., Food Science and Technology, nutrition and any other related field).
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and priorities in a refugee camp setting.
- Experience in quality control, compliance monitoring, or a related field is preferred.
- Understanding refugee protection principles and humanitarian standards is an advantage.
- Minimum 1-year working experience for BSc holders and minimum 3 years working experience for Diploma holders in related fields.
- NGO experience is required.
- Willingness to travel frequently in the project areas and to work under challenging conditions.
- Ability to work within a team structure or independently, flexible, and can cope with stressful workload