Youth Network For Sustainable Development (YNSD)
Position: Data Entry Operator
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ababa Abeba - Ethiopia
Posted date: 2 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Youth Network for Sustainable Development (YNSD) is a non-governmental non-profit indigenous organization that was established by four school clubs and fifteen Youth associations with the vision to see Ethiopian Youth as capacitated, productive, self-reliant and healthy agents of sustainable development. The major program areas of YNSD are Youth Empowerment, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Sexual Reproductive Health, and HIV/AIDS and the Environment specifically on climate change
The data entry operator is responsible for entering data into the database system/any other data site and ensuring data quality and type per the data capturing tools. The data entry operator will be working closely with the MEL team and will be guided by the tools and procedures developed for managing the data at the cluster level. The operator will guide the cluster team in using appropriate and updated data-capturing tools per the agreed templates and formats endorsed for the various data types. In addition to this, the data entry operator will manage the database at the cluster level and will liaise with the team at the national level for sharing different raw data for analysis and reporting, S/he will make sure that data are disaggregated into sex, geographic area, region, disability and other disaggregation variables needed by the program. S/he will follow up on whether the data collected is up to the required quality and quantity and suggest improvements for gaps reflected in the cluster area concerning data quality and quantity. The officer will also participate in the planning and implementation process of data collection activities. The data entry operator will work with the cluster team in the overall data collection and data entry process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Entry Operator performs the following duties and responsibilities.
- Transfer data from paper formats into database systems
- Type in data provided directly from customers or other parties
- Create and manage spreadsheets with large numbers of figures
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Produce reports
- Retrieve data as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort, organize, and store paperwork after entering data
- Work closely with the cluster team and the MEL team to ensure data quality and management
- Do other assignments given by the cluster manage
Reports to: Cluster manager
Required qualifications, skills, knowledge, and competencies
- BA degree in ICT or related disciplines with 3 years of relevant experience in an NGO Setting;
- computer skills, such as a familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, Kobo toolbox, typing skills,
- Excellent communication skills ;
- Both verbal and written fluency in English;
- highly organized and good at time management.
- Experience as a trainer and/or expertise;
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Value volunteerism: understand the sense of volunteerism and exercise it, show willingness to execute tasks as assigned by supervisors
- Flexibility: demonstrate flexibility to accomplish tasks requiring a range of skills and abilities
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on members/beneficiaries' Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and beneficiaries to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Commitment: shows dedication to the missions and visions of the organization