NIB CANDY FACTORY PLC
Position: Computer Technician & Server Administrator
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa - Ethiopia
Posted date: 2 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Nib Candy Factory Plc. Background:- It is a private Limited company established before 50 years back specifically in Addis Ababa by family members as a small scale industry.
The factory works with enterprising people in Addis Ababa and in Oromia region to produce Candy and chocolate production. Our work is rooted in the idea ‘if we provide the opportunity, hardworking men and women can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families, communities and for their country’. With more than five decades of proven results, our factory is located in Burayu Industrial Center almost 20 KM from Addis Ababa believing that private enterprise like ours can transform lives all over the world
So we now do have 219 permanent and more than 40 contractual workers with a capacity of daily production 3600 kilo of candy and 1000 Kilo of chocolate
Category: Technical and Operational
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Managerial Level (Supervisor)
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: As per the organization scale
Job Title: - Computer Technician and Server Administrator
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is preferred.
- Relevant Certifications Such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE), and CompTIA Security+, are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in computer troubleshooting, network administration, and server management.
- Proficient in operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Windows Server and macOS.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, including servers, workstations, Tablets, phones and peripherals.
- Experience with network Protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies like VM ware or Hyper-V
- Ability to configure and maintain server software, active directory and database servers.
- Ability to model network architectures.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Understanding of cyber security principles and best practices.
- Proficiency in managing and troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services(AD DS), including directory replication, domain controller deployment, and group policy management
- Self – Self-motivated individual with a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest Active Directory trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of different backup methodologies
- Ability to perform disaster recovery testing and validation exercises to evaluate the effectiveness of backup and restoration processes.
- Knowledge of encryption technologies and best practices to secure backup data both in transit and at rest
Problem-solving skills: Excellent analytical and problem–solving abilities to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and network issues efficiently.
Communication Skills:- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong documentation skills:- to maintain accurate records of security policies, procedures, incident response plans, and vulnerability assessments
Teamwork: collaborative mindset with the ability to work well within a team and provide assistance to colleagues when needed.
Location: Addis Ababa
Contact Address 0910432304