Position: CP and EiE officer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Kemashi Zone, Benishangul-Gumuz Region - Ethiopia
Posted date: 3 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
The position holder will be responsible for project implementation and ensuring the quality and effectiveness of the Plan’s emergency response within his/her designated geographical area mainly related to EHF funded project that will be implemented in Dembe Woreda, Benishangul Gumuz region including project implementation, day-to-day monitoring and reporting.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- B.A. degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social work, Education, Community Development, Law and social science, or other related fields is required with a minimum of 3-5 years of related working experience.
- 3-5 years of managing education and child protection in emergency programs in the refugee/IDP context.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Equipped with a sufficient level of awareness in child protection and education sectors.
- Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of child rights programming
- Good knowledge of field-level realities of humanitarian NGO work;
- Experience of working in BG
- Good understanding of the external operating environment including government policies, strategies, guidelines and operating procedures in managing emergencies and disasters in the country Perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Ability to work independently
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management and asset management
- Communication Skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software suite
- Multi-tasks handling skills
- Ability to be proactive and provide attention to detail
- Fluency in the English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted and understand their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Please click on this link to review the full job description: Link
Location: Kamashi Zone, Benshangul Gumuz
Type of Role: CP and EiE Officer
Reports to: EHF Manager