International Rescue Committee - IRC
Position: MHNT Team Leader
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Hawassa - Ethiopia
Posted date: 3 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities in over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The MHNT Team leader is a member of the IRC health team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the IRCs MHNTs activities in Karat Zuria woredas of Konso Zone. (S)He will primarily coordinate and implement effective medical logistics for the emergency health and nutrition program, from strategic design to implementation of timely and appropriate medical supplies management, in line with organizational and international standards.
Major key Responsibilities:
- Verify, compile, and share complete timely reports to Woreda and the regional data manager.
- Early communicate any shortfalls (programmatic and administrative issues to ZHB &/or supporting partners.
- Represent IRC at Health and Nutrition coordination, and task force meetings at Woreda and Zonal level.
- Ensure other team members are doing the correct tally, recording, registering, and filing.
- Support the goals, objectives, and activities of the health projects are met by working with team members, partners, and clients.
- Ensure SRH, Mental health, HIV/AIDS, and other health-related programs are properly implemented in high quality and are based on standard protocol.
- Ensures that Health and Nutrition interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO.
- Collect data from the team members and share it with Sr. health officer and Health and Nutrition Manager on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Supervise and evaluate the activities of MHNT teams and provide immediate feedback.
- Ensure that client feedback is collected; responses are provided; and client reach are captured and updated frequently.
- Work with MHNT Nurse, MHNT Midwife, Sr. health officer & Health and nutrition Manager, Admin, Finance, and supply chain based in Hawassa.
- Work with Woreda Health Offices, Zonal health desk, Health extension workers and/ or CVs and health staff of the two health facilities, and other IPs.
- In addition to IRC core values/competencies: diligence, attention to critical details, a keen sense of work priorities, and resourcefulness in obtaining and researching meaningful information.
- Meets timelines for all reporting and delivery of outputs; Results-based attitude, as well as excellent organization skills.
- NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable. Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the implementation of emergency health response projects.
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, punctual and able to constructively address gaps and weaknesses.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years for BSc Degree, 1 year for MPH/MSc Degree holders
Preferred experience & skills:
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- English is mandatory and the local language is advantageous.