Position: HIST - Information Management Associate (IMA) - Tigray Region
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Mekelle - Ethiopia
Posted date: 3 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
iMMAP Inc. is an international non-governmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP Inc.’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP Inc. through its USAID's Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance funded project works to provide IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. As part of this project, iMMAP Inc. is providing a need-based IM service to humanitarian responders in Ethiopia through a service desk approach named the Humanitarian Information Support Team (HIST). The IMA will be part of this HIST team in the Tigray iMMAP Inc. office supporting the humanitarian information needs. As an associate officer, the IMA will directly report to the HIST IM Officer (IMO).
Based on IM service requests from humanitarian responders, submitted through the HIST service desk, the IM analyst will work closely with the IMO in the timely development and delivery of high-quality IM service outputs. The IM services provided by include but are not limited to:
- Design sector-specific or multi-sector humanitarian interactive dashboards by processing data from different sources which will be provided by the client cluster or organization.
- In close collaboration with the requesting humanitarian clusters produce sector-specific periodic humanitarian snapshots and factsheets.
- Design sector-specific or multi-sector funding infographics using the data and requirements provided by the requesters.
- Produce gap analysis by location and project activities.
- Produce high‐quality map products and online services as per the specifications provided by the humanitarian clusters or organizations.
- Produce cluster-specific location prioritization mapping for targeting purposes.
- Design periodic and ad-hoc Situation Reports (SitRep) using data sources provided by the requesting cluster or organization and other humanitarian data sources.
- Collect, consolidate, clean, process and produce 3W matrix, summary tables and visuals.
- Design presentation on humanitarian response activities progress for ad hoc and scheduled cluster meetings.
- Consider and propose options for consolidated/themed reports, from HIST IM product outputs to improve synergies and cross-thematic areas analysis.
Based on the request made by the cluster or humanitarian organization
- Support the design of assessment and needs analysis activities, including humanitarian needs overviews, secondary data reviews, situation analyses and multi‐cluster initial rapid assessments.
- Provide advice on assessment design to ensure data quality.
- Manage platforms and tools that support data collection and analysis such as KoBo Toolbox and Open Data Kit (ODK).
- Design and conduct presentations on the results of assessments.
- Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets, and other data tools.
- Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis, including compiling and updating available GIS data (GPS tracking, data from other agencies, etc.).
- Organize, design, and carry out the evaluation and analysis of location-specific datasets through meaningful statistical techniques.
- Understand, document, and ensure the quality of high‐value humanitarian data for accuracy, consistency, and comparability; contribute to planning and monitoring reports.
- Attending periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP Inc. IMO team also shares updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promotes good practices in the organization
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager
- In consultation with the Capacity Building team, facilitate need-based high-quality in-person, virtual and online IM training sessions.
- Train and provide technical support to the identified staff as needed on all Information Management tools and processes.
- Provide mentorship and support in Information Management to the humanitarian community responding in Ethiopia through different mechanisms.
- Bachelor's degree in information management, information systems, computer science, data science, statistics, GIS, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of data/information management and analysis work experience, preferably with the humanitarian ecosystem is required.
- Prior experience working in an Ethiopian humanitarian actor agency is desirable.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and practical experience of current GIS software (ArcGIS, Google Earth, QGIS) are desirable.
- Knowledge and practical experience in Adobe Illustrator is desirable.
- Knowledge and practical experience in database development are desirable.
- Experience in designing dashboards and infographics.
- Experience in providing IM support services, with a customer-focused approach is desirable.
- An ability to work with both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information from a wide range of sources.
- An understanding of the main analytical standards used to assess the quality and credibility of analysis.
- Effective communication skills to work among clusters, agencies, humanitarian partners, and Government counterparts.
- Good organizational skills to deliver products on time and with quality.
- High level of written and spoken English with excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Tigrinya languages is preferable.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP Inc.’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP Inc. has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.