Position: ICT & Digital Development Manager
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Posted date: 3 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to lead and ensure the innovative and effective uses of ICT in Plan’s work through both ICT arrangements to support and facilitate organizational business, as well as the use of innovative and digital technologies to support Plan’s office operations, development and humanitarian programs. S/he will be a member operation management team ( OMT) and Country Management Team( CMT) and actively engage on the organizational priorities.
Accountabilities And Main Work Activities
Strategic Leadership and Implementation of Country ICT (20%)
- Develop and lead the implementation of the country-level ICT strategy or annual work plan based on the Global ICT strategy, by ensuring that relevant operational plans and working modalities exist to support the overall organizational business delivery
- Contribute in the development and implementation of the global digital strategy in the country
- Work closely with country leadership and extended leadership teams on the country’s business priorities to make ICT an effective strategic enabler for the implementation of the CSP
- Contribute to the broader organization and operation as part of the country management team(CMT) and operation management team(OMT)
Lead the Design and Implementation of Reliable ICT Infrastructure across PIE (30%)
- Lead and develop an effective country-wide ICT infrastructure and manages the overall ICT service provision in the country
- Oversee the delivery, continuity, information security, risk management and effective support of ICT infrastructure and systems, including all ICT hardware, Corporate Applications (Such as ERP and MERL systems), and a variety of software licenses
- Ensure the security of data, network access and backup systems
- Develop a country-level ICT Business Continuity Plan (Disaster Recovery Plan)
Lead Innovation, Digitization and Automation of Operations and Program Delivery (30%)
- Develop a digitization implementation plan to automate office operations and the support the use of digital technologies in projects and programs to be undertaken in the Program Areas and realize a paperless office.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Lead, and ensure smooth implementation of Y.O.D.A, an organizational ERP and data warehouse.
- Support the implementation of data management, dashboard and Intranet.
Manage IT Budget and Cost Recovery (10%)
- Provide strategic input to the budget planning processes, advising on the allocation and control of financial resources and maintaining overall responsibility for the ICT budget in the Country Office
- Monitor the performance of information communication technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and take actions for improving the IT infrastructure
- Manage efficiently and effectively ICT annual budget and corporate application costs
Team Management and Capacity Development (10%)
- Manage IT staff including training, performance management and assigning accountabilities and tasks, assisting with the recruitment of staff members to ensure effective performance of the team and support service.
- Lead to build the digital skills and country ICT capacity, aligned to Plan’s strategic directions, global strategic ICT plan, corporate policies and local priorities as an integral part of the Country Strategic Plan.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Leadership and Business Management Competencies
- Set and communicate ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International's purpose.
- Set high standards for self and others' behavior, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
- Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivate and develop others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
- Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
- Business Management Competencies
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of the Plan's purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organizing, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and program and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Education at the Bachelor’s Degree level in fields such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and other related fields of specialization.
- 10 (ten) years of technical and supervisory experience out of which 3 (three) years must be in a supervisory position with management responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in the development and oversight of ICT infrastructure and systems in organizations of comparable size and complexity
- Planning and organization skills on short and long time frames
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Networking and partnership development
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills
- Good time management skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
- Knowledge of an ERP system
- Knowledge of Cico Meraki and Cloud Computing Technology
- Strong technical skills in ICT and Digital Development
- Solutions orientated focused on programme outcomes
- Budget management skills including effective use of resources
- Experience in preparing and submitting business cases
- ITIL Foundation certification is preferable
- Manging Cisco Meraki network
- Windows Server 2016
- SharePoint(PowerApps, Power Automate) and power BI training or experience
- Additional management-related training is a plus
- Fluency in the English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organization by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organization, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Location: Country Office, Addis Ababa
Reports to: Deputy Country Director - Operations
Closing Date: 09 June 2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.