Position: Senior Programme Assistant
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia
Posted date: 3 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Programme Assistant would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division. The incumbent may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/region programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Program Assistant.
S/he is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Provide administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide support to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on, in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Guided by the MFT approach, support the development and implementation of monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of operations plans, and mid-year and year-end reports, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits.
- Use UNHCRs corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of a community of practice and continuously contribute to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- G5 - 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor's or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
- Demonstrated experience in Programme Management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes.
Knowledge of Results Based-Management.
- Computer skills (in MS Office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc)
- Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to the function of the position including Programme Management Level 1. E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Learning Programme.
- Experience in programme management training and capacity-building activities.
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- PG-Programme Management (programme cycles and reporting standards)
- PG-Results-Based Management
- DM-Database Management
- PG-Programme Analysis
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.