The Pharo Foundation
Position: IT Teacher
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Benshangul-Gumaz, Assosa - Homosha, Ethiopia
Posted date: 3 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Are you a dedicated and passionate IT Teacher in search of a school where you can really make a difference? If so, we wish to appoint you to join us at an exciting stage of development for our school. If you are an aspirational educator who builds strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues and is committed to ensuring high standards for student learning; join our talented, energetic, cohesive, and friendly team.
Role: Information Technology (IT) Teacher
Reporting to: Deputy Head of School
Based in: On-campus at Homosha boarding school
Functional Relationships: All teaching and non-teaching staff, Academic Coordinators and Head of School.
Number of Positions Required: 1 (One)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teaching and Learning
- Ensure timely preparation of annual plans, course outlines, and daily lesson plans as required by the school.
- Teach lessons to the highest standard, ensuring lessons are carefully planned.
- Showcase excellent subject knowledge and continually find opportunities to develop it.
- Ensure, with colleagues, that the learning environment within the classroom is engaging and promotes critical thinking and enthusiasm for the subject.
- Setting and moderating common assessment tests and exams each term to ensure progress is tracked.
- Keep a record of all examination scores to ensure that progress is benchmarked against previous scores.
- Observe other teachers in the department on a regular basis and offer the opportunity for them to observe you in order that good practices are widely shared.
- Engage in CPD opportunities across the department and school as a whole.
- Attend regular staff and department meetings.
- Design, prepare and deliver extracurricular activities.
- Engage actively in the implementation of the school’s co-curricular and social support activities.
- Supervise students at lunchtime, study time, or even school breaks, and in other assigned.
- Maintain a filing system as appropriate - to include shared resources, past papers for internal and external exams, and inset/CPD material.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- The successful candidate will be/have:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or equivalent.
- Proven experience of over 3 years in teaching IT at the secondary school level.
- Specialized in Robotics, Website Design, Computer Graphic Design & Technology.
- Prior experience in STEM will be an added advantage.
- The ability to share your outstanding practice.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents.
- A team player and social person who can integrate well into the school team and commit to living on-campus in a boarding school.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- An aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Fully furnished accommodation and meals (while school is in session).
- Health & Life insurance, provident fund, and pension as per the Ethiopian laws.
- A variety of opportunities for training.
- Very safe, caring and positive work environment.