Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Salary: USD 271.88
Posted date: 4 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
The main purpose of the job:
To provide transport services for FCDO staff and visitors of the British Embassy Addis Ababa to and from assigned destinations within Ethiopia in a safe, efficient and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and post-security regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive HMG vehicles for FCDO staff and visitors on official business
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the Transport Manager.
- Make sure that all passengers use seat belts.
- Drive the vehicle in a safe and lawful manner at all times.
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off 1HMG staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Deliver letters to the right place at the specified time.
- Collect mail from the post office and collect newspapers.
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
- Notify the deputy transport manager for vehicle servicing after every 5000 km run.
- Ensure the vehicle is serviced and is in a good condition before travelling up country trips.
- Ensure vehicles are used only in accordance to FCDO transport policy
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles.
- Wearing an official uniform.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Transport Manager/Deputy Transport Manager.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Valid grade 3 or equivalent driving license
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable previous driving experience
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Office tools
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Mechanic/car servicing background
- Customer service experience
- Experience of driving for other Embassies or NGO
Required behaviors: Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, and Working Together
Application deadline: 7 June 2023
Type of Position: Permanent
Working hours per week: 40
Location (City): Addis Ababa
Type of Post: British Embassy
Salary: USD 271.88
Start Date: 1 August 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities:
- Mandatory FCDO e-learning
- Access to FCDO e-learning opportunities and formal/informal learning and development opportunities at the British Embassy
- Field and classroom training on defensive driving skill
- Normal Working hour is 40 hours per week and the job holder should be willing to work extended hours, on late and night shift, weekends and public holidays.
- Must be able to legally work in Ethiopia
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link:
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a reserve list. If during the reserve period of 6/12 months, the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate