World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: Logistic Associate
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Posted date: 2 weeks ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
JOB TITLE: Logistics Associate
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term, G6
UNIT/DIVISION: Supply chain/Logistics
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to logistics contracting activities, following standard processes, and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Manage logistics vendors? contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Evaluate offers received and prepare recommendations to the Logistics Contract Committee (LCC).
- Award contracts to winning companies and monitor implementation and performance of concluded contracts.
- Monitor the performance of contracted transporters and ensure they are providing the required level of services for WFP?s operations.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on contracting queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with an excellent client service mindset.
- Follow up on payment processing to transporters in collaboration with LU invoice processing and Finance units.
- Coordinate the establishment of storage facilities (permanent warehouses and Mobile Storage Units).
- Support in gathering market intelligence, and vendor assessments (e.g., transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Monitor the local transport market, logistics infrastructures, port situations, major corridors, and security situations in the country.
- Contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Produce reports, including the quarterly Transport Market Highlights to the CSC, and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Maintain efficient transporters and Clearing and Forwarding service providers' shortlist for WFP Ethiopia operations and carry out shortlist reviews regularly and as and when required.
- Participate in logistics contracting-related meetings and workshops.
- Provide any other logistics support as and when required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A post-secondary certificate or university degree in the supply chain, Logistics, Economics and Business Management, in any other relevant field is an added advantage.
Experience: At least 6 years of progressively responsible experiences in Supply Chain, Logistics operations, or a related relevant Business Stream.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in analysing data and drafting reports.
- Experience in assisting in the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Qualified females and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply!
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP?s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.