Position: Communication Associate
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Posted date: 6 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
The purpose of the Communications Associate position is to raise the visibility of the organization in Ethiopia to our key stakeholders, including the government, donors, and local and international media. We are seeking candidates with previous communications, PR and media experience, brilliant writers, and powerful communications and storytelling skills
- Develop communications materials that showcase AEC Ethiopia?s impact
- Coordinate AEC Ethiopia?s communications campaigns
- Write compelling blogs/client profiles that highlight key aspects of AEC Ethiopia's work
- Contribute to external publications including annual reports, with story ideas, and photos, and develop distribution
- Internal communications ? contribute to the monthly internal staff newsletter?
PUBLIC RELATIONS & MEDIA (30%)
- Maintain relationships with key press outlets in Ethiopia for top placement of AEC Ethiopia content
- Create content for media campaigns, including press releases, media kits, and social media content
- Prepare logistics and content for the Ethiopia Managing Director to interact successfully with the media
- Event planning for AEC Ethiopia?s events: pitch events, conferences, entrepreneurship forums, etc.
- Manage vendors for the production of videos, photos, and other PR assets for Ethiopia
- Research social media trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to the company?s activities
- Train and involve staff in campaigns to drive our social media, communications and brand for Ethiopia
- Highlight AEC Ethiopia?s value proposition to SMEs across the country in alignment with sales goals.
- Recruit clients through compelling marketing for various campaigns and competitions with various stakeholders
- Manage the AEC Ethiopia website and social media to reach potential clients
- Use social media and research tools to create and maintain the employer's brand
- Follow up on production of promotional including banners, t-shirts, fliers, and other collateral required to promote the company
The Communications Officer will be passionate about how business can be a force for social change and will be able to effectively and efficiently translate that passion into compelling messages.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or any other relevant skill required
- Must have 2 to 3 years of working experience?
- Great communicator, fluent in English & any other local language both verbally and in writing
- Well-developed networking skills, excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work on a tight deadline and independently
- Experience placing campaigns with local and international media outlets
- Graphic design experience will be an added advantage
- Software skills in Mail Chimp, Canvas, and other tech-enabled communications
- Experience in video production or managing communication consultants
What You'll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you?ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion?
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.