Addis Plast Plastic Industries PLC
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 6 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
REPORTING TO: FINANCE MANAGER
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of the Accountant position is to verify primary financial documents, code, post and analyze financial transactions, reconcile bank statements and prepares summaries of accounting activities.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives cash and checks on a pre-numbered cash receipt/VAT invoice of the organization, deposits collected money in the bank intact and submits to accounts the cash receipt, VAT invoice and bank deposit slip;
- Effects authorized payments such as wages and salaries, per diem, other allowances and petty cash payment;
- Confirms that petty cash payment voucher and supporting documents are complete before effecting payments;
- Deposit in the bank unpaid salaries one week after the end of the month and submit to accounts along with cash receipt voucher;
- Maintains petty cash;
- Maintains a petty cash register book and updates it daily;
- Makes disbursement against written orders or authorizations;
- Requests for the replenishment of the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit;
- Confirms that the total of petty cash vouchers and cash on hand is equal to petty cash fund at any time;
- Ensures that suspense payments are cleared upon the compilation of the activity; and?
- Ensures that her/his safe box is locked.
- Verifies primary financial documents of the company as assigned for accuracy, and completeness and ensures that payment requests are approved by an authorized person;
- Codes, posts, and analyzes financial transactions;
- Reconciles monthly company books of accounts with the bank;
- Prepares reconciliation reports and summaries of accounting activity;
- Ensures that all unused official documents/vouchers of the organization are properly registered and are available in sufficient quantity;
- Collect all relevant information and data about personnel and maintains an up-to-date list of personnel in the payroll by making timely entries of new employees and deleting those who have left the organization upon receiving authorization;
- Computes and prepares monthly payroll for all company staff according to policies and procedures of the organization and applicable laws of the country;
- Ensures collected taxes are remitted to the inland revenue Tax Authorities at the end of every month;
- Ensures that loans extended to staff are collected on time;
- Collects statements from the bank;
- Ensures that goods received and issued are recorded accordingly;
- Ensures that all financial documents are properly filed and secured;
- Process timely collection and settlement of obligations certifies the authenticity of transactions; and?
- Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.