Position: Procurement - Infrastructure & Energy Department
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary: $85,212.07/annum inclusive of all allowances
Posted date: 6 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Purpose of Job
To support the Infrastructure and Energy Department in all procurement-related activities, including the implementation of the Geothermal Risk Mitigation Facility (GRMF).
- Prepares and monitors the procurement activities of the Infrastructure and Energy Department in line with a predefined strategic plan.
- Contributes to conducting analysis and generating accurate reports in a timely manner for the Infrastructure and Energy Department and AU?s internal use.
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders in relation to the Department?s procurement activities.
- Conducts preliminary research on respective policy areas and suggests improvement on existing policy areas.
- Engages with relevant stakeholders and develops working relationships.
- Supports the promotion of the activities of the Infrastructure and Energy Department and Regional Geothermal Coordination Unit (RGCU) including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
- Implements the procurement function of the GRMF.
- Provides strategic and operational advice to the RGCU, the project developers under GRMF and the GRMF Oversight Committee.
- Ensure fulfillment of the applicable financial and procurement rules regarding all activities related to GRMF.
- Manages end?to?end procurement activities from planning to contract award
- Participates in the execution of predefined programmes and activities of the Department, including the GRMF.
- Provides guidance to Business Units on procurement and support the Business Units in creating Procurement Plans and estimates.
- Provides advice and guidance to Business Units concerning the development of specifications for the acquisition of goods or related services including preparation of price estimates on procurement requests for non-standard items.
- Monitors and tracks the implementation of the Annual Procurement Plan in close collaboration with Business Units.
- Ensures the effective exchange of information between the Department, the Procurement Unit and all relevant Departments involved in the procurement process.
- Facilitates and conducts procurement training covering procurement principles, techniques, processes and systems for African Union staff, and promotes understanding of the AU procurement manual.
- Reviews submissions from Divisions/Units and the RGCU for compliance with procedures prior to submission for consideration and approval by the Internal Procurement Committee or Tender Board.
- Monitors and tracks the Implementation of the Annual Procurement Plan in close collaboration with Business Units.
- Facilitates and conducts Procurement training in procurement techniques, processes and systems for African Union staff.
- Prepares and presents procurement cases to the relevant authorities for approval.
- Identifies and manages procurement risk in the procurement cycle.
- Implements the procurement function of the GRMF by performing specific tasks for the programme:
- Provide procurement support at 1st-level, 2nd-level and 3rd-level procurements of the project phase during the pre-qualification, Application and Contracting phases of the GRMF.
- Provide input in Requests for Proposals, Instructions to Applicants, Grant Contracts, and all other documents pertaining to the GRMF project.
- Coordinate Application receipts and participate in evaluations with the Technical Assistant and Procurement and Legal Departments of the AUC.
- Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation Missions for the GRMF for activities under procurement functions at 3rd level of procurement management.
- Identify issues requiring AUC legal, procurement and financial advice and liaise with the concerned AUC offices to find solutions.
- Liaise with the various actors and stakeholders of the program including donors to ensure a clear flow of information and smooth implementation of the program.
- Keep track of due reports, payments, monitoring and evaluation activities, meetings as well as all logistical and financial matters to ensure timely completion of reports, activities, and payments.
- Proactively prompt concerned AUC sections on required actions and deadlines regarding the GRMF to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Review and monitor disbursements to developers and contractors.
- Develops, executes, and administers complex procurements for diverse procurement requirements in accordance with GRMF Procurement Guidelines and Early Contract Manual in line with AU Regulations and internally accepted standards and procedures.
- Reviews submissions from Geothermal Developers for compliance with laid down procedures.
- Performs any other relevant duty/ responsibility assigned by the Supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bacher?s degree in Procurement, Law, Commerce, Finance/ Accounting/Business administration, Economics, Engineering with 5 years experience in the field of Procurement, Law, Commerce, Finance/ Accounting/Business Administration within a major Government, International Organization, large Public or Private sector organization Or
- Master?s Degree in similar studies with 2 years of relevant experience
- Oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work across business units / geographical locations and cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Analytical Thinking and Problem-Solving
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump sum of US$ 85,212.07 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 66,751.81 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than 11:59pm (EAT) June 16, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply