Zeleman Communications, Advertising and Production
Position: PR Account Executive
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Posted date: 6 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
The PR Account executive should be a capable communication professional able to handle a broad variety of tasks with increasing independence and sound judgment.
This is a remarkable opportunity for an energetic, and ambitious person to learn from a team while playing a central role in ensuring client deliverables. This position is key for someone who wants to grow within the company, as there is plenty of room to demonstrate ownership and take on more responsibilities.
The job holder is the main day-to-day lead for project management, responsible for following the process from project initiation to delivery.
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating the delivery of creative and production content, assisting in coordinating events, maintaining client contact, and managing projects performed with and by others.
- Monitors and researches relevant news and trending topics, summarizes the results and provides a point of view through (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly) reports.
- Maintaining accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions through contact reports (24-48 hrs).
- Opening Job bags in Chase with accurate daily updates and notes.
- Contributes during team meetings and has a point of view based on his/her understanding of the program, the brand, and its competitors.
- Is fully familiar with the team?s communications plans for accounts and understands and tracks clients? businesses.
- Brainstorms ideas to generate great storytelling and present creative ideas to the client.
- Works with supervisor to contribute to the design and implementation of communication programs to support culture, strategy, and organizational transformations.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek the advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Contributes informed suggestions, as well as creative and effective answers to client issues and needs.
- Displays values of the agency in day-to-day behavior.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge increasing value to the agency and clients.
- Works with supervisor to identify and propose enhanced ways to advance team, group, agency and client interests.
- Works with supervisor to prepare pricing and campaign costs.
- Deliver and prepare pitches, along with other agency staff, to try to win new business for the agency.
- Occasionally be on call to deal with urgent requests outside working hours.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA graduate in a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in a related function? ??
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Proven presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proven time management skill
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic as both are prerequisites of the job. Additional regional language is a plus.
- Excellent time management and the ability to stick to deadlines
- Capacity to work on multiple writing projects simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to deal with inquiries from diverse stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, ability to cope with pressure well and ability to meet dynamic deadlines
- Demonstrates adaptability and works effectively in various situations with multiple people.
- Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives and adapts approaches according to situational requirements
- Ability to be persuasive, resilient and able to handle constructive criticism