Position: Assistant to IT Officer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Gumuz Region - Sherkole (Asosa), Ethiopia
Posted date: 4 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
The IT Assistant works under the direct supervision of a Senior Officer and the technical supervision of an IT Officer at sub-branch office or regional level. S/he has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners to exchange information and to provide assistance.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR?s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, and Switches, Patch panels, Access points, to prevent faults from occurring.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages and basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware and telecom equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on the email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, and telephone system. Radio communication training to new IP staff and package police in the field.
- Distribute incoming cables, messages and other communication in accordance with established instructions.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Select the most efficient and economical means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- May attend telephone calls and keep records of such calls.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Decide on an appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalate incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- G4 - 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education?
Certificates and/or Licenses?
- Telecommunications; Information Technology;??
Relevant Job Experience
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)?
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.