Position: Somali Region Business Development Manager
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Somali Region - Jijiga, Ethiopia
Posted date: 6 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods, create jobs, and help communities thrive.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 60,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs. Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa.??
Inkomoko has +300 staff in 20 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia, and is expanding in 2023 into South Sudan. Through Inkomoko?s 2030 strategic plan, we are adding 4 additional countries to serve more than 550,000 entrepreneurs and growing our $30M loan fund.??
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented, produce high-quality work, be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you previously thought possible.?
Improvement: be humble, and engage in continuous growth through open & accurate feedback.
Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, and inclusive.
We Eat Goat: we celebrate success and support each other in hard times. We do this work together in the spirit of turikumwe, tuko pamoja, abren nen, urang babarengan.
Inkomoko reflects the communities we serve. Displaced persons and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko Ethiopia is currently seeking a qualified Business Development Manager as a key member of the leadership team who be based in Jijiga - Ethiopia. The successful candidate will have the following duties:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (40% TIME)
- Manage Inkomoko services and programs in Jijiga and Kebribeyah
- Organize all programs and operations to achieve KPIs, creating solutions to overcome barriers to delivery and improve efficiency.
- Stay up to date with entrepreneurship trends in Ethiopia at large.
- Elevate trends and insights to senior management, helping to inform future strategies.
- Manage, coach, and develop Business Development Advisors (BDAs) and Senior Business Development Advisors (SBDAs) to recruit, verify, and provide high-quality services to refugee and Ethiopian entrepreneurs annually.
- Advise staff on how to navigate challenges/make sound business decisions with their clients.
- Advise staff on how to serve entrepreneurs on operations, sales, bookkeeping, finance, and investment
- Cooperate closely with the Business Growth Director (BGS) and Managing Director(MD) on all program performance.
- Ensure set KPIs on the individual business, market linkages and advocacy are met in the locations under his/her supervision
- Coordinate with the M&E Department to ensure measurements of client program participation, results, and satisfaction.
- Coordinate with the Investment Department to ensure a smooth transition of clients from business development services to investment pipeline
- Incorporate M&E lessons into new products and solutions for impact and efficiency.
STAFF MANAGEMENT (30% TIME)
- Supervise all staff operating within the Inkomoko program office
- Work closely with the HR department to recruit, hire, train, assess performance, and manage time off and other HR matters to ensure the department meets its KPIs.
- Coach and develop team members for outstanding performance
- Address any disciplinary or poor performance issues, having hard conversations as needed.
- Other duties to support organizational culture and leadership
- Serve on the organization?s leadership team as an active and engaged senior colleague.
EXTERNAL RELATIONS (20% TIME)
- Maintain and grow Inkomoko relationships with program partners, ARRA, UNHCR, Federal government, other relevant government agencies and funders
- Coordinate with the M&E team on data analysis, understanding trends of qualitative and quantitative data, and creating meaningful reports with insight for partners & management
- Support external communications efforts, working with communications experts to provide case studies and data to support public relations on social media, blogs, and other forums.
- Provide reports and communications to donors and investors as needed
- Organize external partner visit to clients and showcase Inkomoko operations
- Represent Inkomoko in local partnership meetings, identifying opportunities and coordinating service delivery with other partners
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION (10% TIME):
- Work with the BGS Director to plan and manage the budget, staffing, operations
- Work with the Finance Department to manage expenses and revenue
- Work with the Innovation Department to ensure the technology meets local needs
- Set up new Branch Offices as needed (lease, equipment, vehicles, facilities, office)
- Coach staff to use digital reporting tools, maintain company admin standards
- Manage and oversee other office logistics
- Report to senior management on operations, participate in company-wide protocols
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about entrepreneurship and have the skills and experience to help entrepreneurs make lasting changes to their businesses. We are seeking candidates who work quickly and thoroughly, collaborate, and are both kind and serious.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate previous experience with:
- Minimum bachelor?s degree, an advanced degree in MBA strongly preferred
- Experience in working independently on large projects with measurable results
- Experience in managing diverse staff to bring out their best
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Experience in the entrepreneurship industry (consulting, business planning, finance)
- Must speak fluent English, & Amharic. The Somali Language is a plus.
Additionally, the successful candidate will most likely also have:
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Experience partnering with UNHCR, RRS, funders
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word, and ERP databases
- Good presentation and training skills
What You'll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you?ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion?
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.