Danish Refugee Council
Position: General Support - Documentation and Archives
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Salary: USD 227.00 to USD 277.00 based on your work experience and educational qualification
Posted date: 6 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Documentation and Archives Clerk will perform proper maintenance, documentation and archives of financial and project documents in soft and hard copies; checking for completeness and sequential integrity per transaction codes of the system. It also involves the facilitation of audits through the retrieval and scanning of documents.
Documentation & Archives
- Organizes develops, and implements archival filing and retrieval systems and standardizes records management procedures.
- Check and receive all financial documents from the field and Country office finance team for documentation in soft as well as hard copy.
- Responsible for Achieving all Financial Documents in field offices as well as country Offices.
- Upon authorized request, present the required document/voucher to the finance department and others and ensure that they are returned to their original place.
- Authenticate and properly check the documentation order and reliability of supporting documents for donors and auditors.
- Responsible for putting DRC ?PAID? stamp on all vouchers and related documents before filing.
- Undertake proper filing support activities including scanning, filing, and organizing Documents.
- Undertake data cleaning and preparation of records for easy reference and use online for user access.
- Receive and file long-term contract files, used and unused vouchers, and other finance working documents.
- Receive and file vouchers after being posted and keep them by labeling them with reference, Month and Date.
- Ensures the proper and smooth flow of documents and files and out of the filing system of the finance Archive and the immediate return of documents to their appropriate places and follows up on lost, missing and misplaced files.
- Arranges for the proper storage of inactive or dead files and the disposal of unusable records on the basis of established policies and procedures.
- File financial documents after stamping DRC ?PAID? stamp sequentially.
- Operate filing, storage and retrieval systems for all financial and grant documents.
- Maintain a separate file for payroll and other tax documents to provide evidence of our compliance with tax and other legislative requirements within Ethiopia.
- Where necessary photocopy documents to be sent to Regional Office and HQ or any other body requiring them.
- Assist the finance team as well as it is required their provision document to the Internal / External Auditors.
- Support Finance in scanning documents and submission to auditors in clearing and closing audit queries.
- Substitute cashiers in their absence and collect bank credit and Debit Advice.
- Perform any other financial tasks as assigned by the supervisor or delegate.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
DRC?s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.??
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.??
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.??
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.??
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to use MS Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures.
EDUCATION: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or another directly related field from University or higher education
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.