Position: Chief Party
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the USAID Ethiopia Urban WASH Activity. The purpose of this activity is to support accelerated access to safe, adequate, inclusive, and resilient WASH services targeting urban and peri-urban areas. This will be achieved through four complementary objectives:
1) Enable and professionalize WASH service providers;
2) Foster Markets for Pro-Poor and Inclusive WASH Services;
3) Strengthen WASH planning, budgeting, and service delivery oversight; and
4) Strengthen accountability among urban WASH sector actors.
The chief of the party will supervise all activities and have overall responsibility for the successful performance of the technical assistance team under the Ethiopia Urban WASH Activity. The chief of the party will provide strategic leadership and bear primary responsibility for all technical and administrative requirements of the contract, ensuring that the activity meets all key performance indicators, objectives, and deliverables. They will be responsible for ensuring adherence to USAID regulations and the contract. The chief of party position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Providing overall vision, leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity, ensuring an integrated technical vision and overall technical approach to achieve all expected results for improved WASH performance in the target areas.
- Leading activities related to Objectives 3 and 4 tied to strengthening of WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery insight, and strengthening accountability among urban WASH sector actors
- Designing and executing program activities to ensure high-quality technical assistance standards and support to activity stakeholders
- Supervising and mentoring technical and operations staff, subcontractors, and consultants to achieve expected results
- Serving as primary liaison to and building effective relationships with USAID, service providers, local counterparts, and key stakeholders; maintaining productive relationships to ensure effective collaboration, coordination, and engagement Leading and overseeing activity administrative management, including work planning, compliance, reporting, and financial operations
- Ensuring compliance with USAID, U.S., and Ethiopian laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor?s degree (master?s degree preferred) in engineering, water resources management, international development, public administration, hydrology, business, or field related to the overall activity scope (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field)
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience with WASH programs, with demonstrated experience in WASH infrastructure, market development, sector governance, service delivery strengthening, regulation, or fields related to the activity scope.
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration with diverse stakeholders to achieve project goals, meet project milestones, and produce quality project results.
- Prior applied experience analyzing, tracking, and working with complex systems, including working effectively with a range of stakeholders, such as national and local government officials, international donor organizations, civil society, media, and the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of complex donor-supported projects, including expertise in management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, staff supervision, and contracts and budget oversight.
- Experience overseeing USAID and/or donor grants and subcontracts management is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to build, foster, and lead teams, including the ability to mentor and build the capacity of local staff.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.