World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: Internship - Graphic Designer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Internship
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 7 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duty Stations: Addis Ababa
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Duration: 5 to 8 Months
WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, or necessary related costs.
WFP will recognize candidates? educational credentials from recognized Institutions.?
Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply; sons, daughters, brothers, or sisters.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are currently seeking to fill internship positions under the WFP Country Office. The position will be based in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. The Internship will be a period from 5 to 8 months. Under the direction of the Activity Manager (Capacity Strengthening) and working closely with the graphic designer to provide support to the Deputy Country Director (DCD), Head of Programme, Head of Partnerships as well as other Activity Managers, the intern will assist WFP Ethiopia in developing a set of clear, high quality, innovative and visually appealing multi-media materials and packages, targeting WFP?s key audiences, including donors, partners, government and beneficiaries.?
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Assist the graphic designer to provide branding and design support to WFP Ethiopia Capacity Strengthening team, Programme and Partnership units and DCD Office in line with WFP branding strategies and guidelines.?
- Together with the Capacity Strengthening, Programme and Partnership units, design, develop and publish comprehensive standardized briefs and cutting-edge donor/partners packages and reports showcasing WFP?s work and achievements in Ethiopia.?
- Support the Unit and DCD?s office to develop materials for meetings, missions and any other relevant reports?
- Perform other duties as assigned.?
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Recently graduated (within the past six months) with studies in Graphic Design, has demonstratable knowledge of graphic design and a high-standard portfolio, showing creative solutions and attention to detail.?
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP communication techniques and activities and awareness of the socio-political context in which WFP operates through day-to-day work.?
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, as part of a large, dynamic, and diverse team, and to establish effective working relationships with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.?
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description?
- Proficiency in using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After effect, Premiere pro and Lightroom, MS Office and other publishing software on Mac and Windows hardware.?
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent command of English;?
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong attention to detail