ST. GABRIEL GENERAL HOSPITAL
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
As a Radiographer, you will produce high-quality medical images (or radiographs) using advanced technical equipment. As a Radiographer, you will be trained to do many tests such as x-rays, which use radiation to look through the body, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which uses magnetic imaging to build a map of body tissues, and Computed Tomography (CT) which takes cross-section views of different areas of the body. Although Radiographers take images of a patient, they are not qualified to make a medical diagnosis.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receiving requests from doctors and deciding which method of radiography is the most appropriate.
- Explaining the procedures to patients.
- Placing the patient in the correct positions for the tests in order to take the best image possible, so that the patient’s medical condition can be diagnosed correctly.
- Making sure that radiation levels are safe.
- Operating the testing equipment.
- Recording the results of the tests.
- Developing the film or processing the digital images, as well as storing them correctly.
- Working with Radiologists who interpret the test results.
- BSC degree in Radiology technologist or related field of study from a known and recognized college or University.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a radiographer.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented, computer skills, communication skills, ability to work with patients of all ages, management and mentoring skills