Anyone Can Code
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 2 months ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
As a member of the project team and reporting to the project manager and coordinator, the Mentor is primarily responsible for providing the mentee with guidance, advice, feedback, and support, acting as a coach, and advising depending on the specific goals and objectives negotiated with the mentee. The Mentor is also in charge of monitoring and tracking the progress and development status of the mentee's project, as well as handling other project-related tasks when necessary.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the project manager, coordinator, and other project members to develop project requirements and a training schedule, as well as to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Set clear expectations and key performance indicators (KPIs) for assigned tasks and mentees.
- Before contacting mentees, the mentor must become acquainted with the project manual and all desired outcomes, as well as clearly understand the planned activities.
- Mentors must be available to their mentees in order to provide direction, support, and answers to questions, and commit to maintaining regular contact with the mentees to assess their development.
- Collect actual data from candidates (mentees) in accordance with the conditions and criteria agreed upon, and use various tools to record the data and information.
- Actively listens to mentees and provides frank, honest, and constructive feedback.
- Midway through and at the conclusion of each step of the project, review the aims and objectives of the mentoring relationship with the mentee.
- Prepare and submit plans and reports according to the agreed-upon timeline (which includes the progress or updates regarding the mentees).
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in business or any related fields
- Planning, organization, digital, and leadership skills
- Knowledge of good mentoring techniques
- Excellent orienting abilities
- Excellent tracking and intervention skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving and positive attitude