Amref Health Africa
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Semara, Jigjiga, Ethiopia
Posted date: 11 months ago
Deadline: Submition date is over
1. Introduction of the organization
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africa in more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates
?2. General Objective of the position
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia is seeking Cashier to provide Cash Management & Payment effecting support for SLL project. We are seeking trustworthy candidates who work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy. The cashier can expect to work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. You should have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer and verbal and written communication skills. The post holder will be assigned to the Six-Month project.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checking advices deposited by all staff members.
- Check and attach supporting documents of receipts.
- Prepare cash receipt voucher.
- Update cash book in excel sheet; PV and CRV.
- Deposit any cash returned from advance settlement to the bank on time and give a copy of the cash receipt to the staff who settled his/her advance as a confirmation of settlement of advance.
- Collect bank advice & bank statement from the bank
- Attach signed letters & cheques on payment vouchers,
- Preparation of WHT receipt to be paid with cheque payment,
- Attach copy check and letter to all financial documents
- Preparation of WHT summary for a monthly payment to the Customs Office,
- Record information from each receipt of purchases & services for WHT payment to the Customs Office.
- Deduct withholding tax and summarize on withholding tax payments sheet
- Prepare and affect the withholding tax payment on time to Inland Revenue in conjunction with the monthly payroll tax
- Attach invoice from each customer on the PV &PCV
- Call to service provider or supplier to collect their check
- Prepare to invoice for petty cash payment on ERP System
- Petty Cash Payment Voucher Preparation,
- Prepare on-time petty cash replenishment document with the cash count balance
- Facilitate activity transfer payments for staff and staff per dime letter
?4. Qualifications and Experience:
- BA Degree in Economics, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance, Management, or any other related fields from a recognized University/ college and three years? work experience?
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a busy NGO.
- Direct experience in cash handling.
- NGO experience is an advantage and willing to work in Field areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, flexibility and ability to handle pressure.
- High ethical standards.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Communication & writing skills in both Amharic & English
- In addition, the ideal candidate must have strong analytical, problem-solving and networking skills.
- Be a team player and communicator and work under minimal supervision
- Amref does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Reports to: TBD
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per the organization's salary scale
LOCATION: Addis Ababa County Office, Afar Semara, and Somali -Jigjiga?