Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Position: ICT Coordinator
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 11 months ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Reports to: Head of Support
Technical reporting line: Regional ICT Coordinator
Supervision of: ICT Officer
Duration and type of contract: Fixed Term
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to be overall responsible for all elements of the ICT infrastructure and systems for NRC in Ethiopia. The management of ICT in-country is consolidated in Addis Ababa with frequent field visits to offices around the country.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at the country level
- Schedule computer-related services and maintenance
- Ensure relevant security ICT security policies and data protection requirements are enforced
- Contribute to programme quality and effectiveness by identifying relevant ICT tools to support Programmes.
- Provide ICT support and training to staff to the country
- Responsible for high quality and timely reports to the Country Management Group (CMG), Regional and Head Office to contribute to better decision making regarding the ICT ambition and capacity at Country Level.
- Enforce maintenance schedule as per established routines with an external service provider
- Ensure quarterly site visits to field offices to troubleshoot issues and maintain equipment and networks are adhered to and reliably carried out
- Work with budget holders to ensure that hardware replacement policy is adequately planned and budgeted for each October
- Ensure that only standardized equipment is purchased and the number of brands/ models in circulation is limited to the extent possible
- Ensure that machine images are kept up to date (minimum every 6 months) with the essential software suites required.
- System administration
- Cisco Meraki dashboard
- O365/ SharePoint administration
- Agresso user substitutions
- FreshService ticketing
- Monitor LAN and subsequent WAN bandwidth usage and advice management on LAN/WAN improvement
- Ensure only standard NRC networking equipment is used on all office networks (Cisco Meraki stack)
- Work with Ethiotel to troubleshoot issues and ensure network reliability in line with NRC requirements for available bandwidth per user
- Implement and maintain networked attendance and CCTV system with centralized monitoring
- Direct all support queries via the ticketing system and monitor the performance of the support provided
- Management of Vendor Services
- Work directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Request and evaluate services with vendors and service providers.
- Work with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Work with vendors and vendor-supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Develop and maintain country-level Standard Operating Procedures
- Deliver quarterly training sessions over Zoom to deal with common issues
- Participate in programme Designs / Concept note formulations and provide innovative/digital ways to allow current and future programmes to reach scale.
- Share with programme teams best practices and different digital solutions that can be implemented within the current country context.
- Lead the implementation of Digital Community Hub Initiatives to improve communication with communities in conjunction with RO / HO
- Supports decision making within the CMG team by communicating complex technical ideas and problems clearly.
- Providing the country with relevant technological solutions that assist the country and area/field offices in working more efficiently at the same time saving on costs and time.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Generic professional competencies:
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- 4 years of experience is required
- Certification in ITIL V3 and above will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hands-on Experience and knowledge in hardware, LAN/WLAN
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PHP, Python etc.) will be an added advantage
- Prior ICT experience in a setup with environmental and geographical constraints.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to get results
2. Behavioural competencies
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Willingness to learn and develop experience
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and change