Position: Research Coordinator, Digital and Data Use
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 year ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
In 2016, the Ethiopian Ministry of Health (MOH) developed the Information Revolution (IR) Agenda, as one of the health system transformation agendas of the country’s first Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP I). The IR agenda seeks to implement a culture of information use and digitization supported by a functional health information system and has its road map for effective implementation, the IR Roadmap
The primary goal of the project is to assess the current state of implementation of the IR Roadmap and the progress towards the goals of the IR agenda at the sub-national level in Ethiopia. The assessment proposed will review the in-depth work and collaborations that have taken place over the past 5 years to advance the objectives of the IR agenda. Outputs from the assessment process will provide information on regional progress, helping to inform future needs and ongoing work to address identified gaps and advance progress.
PATH seeks to recruit a Research Coordinator - Digital and Data Use. The Research Coordinator will work very closely with the Sr. Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor and Ethiopia-based Digital Health Advisor to ensure project activities are well-coordinated and stay on track. In addition, they will serve as primary contact for a research firm that will be engaged for this work. They will coordinate all research and project activities- hold the team to timelines and ensure milestones and deliverables from the project team, research firm, and university partners are met on time.
The Research Coordinator will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and be responsible for the following key activities:
- Finalize research plan/detailed data collection and timeline for data collectors
- Coordinate approvals needed for data collection including IRB.
- Coordinate and schedule key informant interview meetings
- Communicate progress on completion of milestones with all project staff
- Track and ensure deliverables are met by the project team, a research firm, and university partners
- Detect bottlenecks/delays as early as possible in deliverables/milestones and communicate early and clearly to the project team and help identify solutions to rectify identified issues
- During the data collection period, coordinate the data collection process to ensure timely completion of the data collection activities.
- Serve as the primary contact with the research firm throughout the process and coordinate and resolve any logistics-related issues during data collection
- Travel domestically as needed to supervise data collection (TBD depending on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of data collection)
- Conduct checks of data quality during data collection and communicate with the data collection team on any issues flagged
- Work to finalize the data collection activity and ensure that all data needed is collected and available to the project team.
- During data analysis, synthesis, and report writing, ensure that the project team, university partners, and research firm stay on time and on track to achieve deliverables on time – provide assistance and support as needed to keep activities on track.
- Support dissemination activities such as planning dissemination meetings, and possibly working with teams to support eh dissemination actives themselves – for example, support report writing, support editing, support developing presentations or presenting findings, etc.
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, or related field.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in public health with strong skill and knowledge in the field of digital and data particularly in the provision of technical assistance to the public sector.
- Experience with project management and tracking deliverables across multiple partners.
- Experience coordinating research activities and data collection
- Experience working with health information systems/ digital and data subjects
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government, partners, donors, and international organizations at various levels.
- Ability and commitment to inform appropriate persons/organizations of potential or existing risks/problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-region, team-based organizational structure.
- Demonstrated skills in writing reports for governments, stakeholders, and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Amharic and English with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Sub-regional data collection/research experience in Ethiopia preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other information processing software.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and to competent track timelines and deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Full availability to engage in the project activities during the intensive periods and flexibility with schedule/availability
- Consistent availability to meet with nonon-Ethiopia-based project team members outside of regular working hours in Ethiopia. This may include regular evening and early morning phone calls.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
• Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com