Position: Channel and Category Development (CCD) Manager
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 year ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Functional Representative of CD in the CLT. Responsible for ensuring the operational delivery of the business by month and quarter.
The key accountabilities of the CCD are as follows:
- Develop Customer Facing Category Strategy (CFCS) – translating category marketing plans to customer & channel plans
- Lead consolidated CD input into S&OP and own S&OP output (month 1-3) – manage/ drive CD business performance in the month and quarter.
- IBP – CCD integral part of the brand community; provides customer, channel lens to brand JTBD; input into innovation/renovation business cases (e.g. pack size by channel, pricing, distribution & trade margins)
- Channel strategies incl. new (eCommerce, omnichannel) and traditional channels (e.g. TT Food, Drug, etc.) by geography to win in-store/ online
- Holistic customer/ channel investment (shopper marketing, trade marketing, in-store)
- NRM (Decision on Levers 3-5) & trade investments for category/ channel
SUMMARY OF THE KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CCD MEMBER OF THE CLT
- Acts as the ‘Chief Operating Officer’ of the CLT, ensuring the CD teams operationalize the go-to-market plan to deliver the targets
- Integrates, shopper, customer, and channel insights to localize the Category Growth Strategy (CFCs). Ensures that the strategy is well understood internally by CLT and the CD teams, and is deployed across customers and channels.
- Creates the Channel Strategy for their category and ensures this is owned cross-functionally by the CLT
Net Revenue Management
- Understands how NRM drives profitable growth for the business.
- Responsible for leading the review and continuous improvement cycle for Lever 4 (Promotions) and Lever 5 (Total Trade Spend)
- Represents CD and the short term forecast in S&OP process S&OP and leads delivery across CD teams
- Fully participates in the IBP process representing CD; Provides key inputs on CD issues and opportunities, and communicates the output of IBP to the CD teams so they can execute the plans with customers
- Represents the customer, the shopper, and the CD function in our innovation process
- Track USG at Big C & Small C level
- Land the Month and quarter plan
- TTS promotion Management and Budgets.
- Distribution KPIs of CTOC 7 Forecasting accuracy
Mission-critical role and a stretching job. Would need ambidextrous resources with strong Customer Development resources with marketing experience preferred. This includes
- Customer & Channel Experience
- Category Experience
- Strong track record of performance
- Ability to analyze data and translate insights into actionable plans. E.g. Till sales data, Kantar, and internal sales reports.
- Ability to develop and contextualize customer-facing strategies. While planning for JBP's.
- Ability to understand shopper missions, channel architecture, and localize plans to suit the market.
- Ability to track and measure performance across all the 3 Levers of NRM.
- Ability to develop, execute and track plans/Initiatives as per the deployment calendar.
- Drive input into innovation and renovation business cases e.g. What is the right pack size by channel, Distribution targets, Prices, and Trade margins.
- Lead consolidated CD input and own output into the S&OP.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Category Strategy
- Channel Strategy
- Consumer/Shopper/competitor insights
- Financial Acumen
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.