Position: Claim Analyst
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 year ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
To liaise with distribution manager, Territory Manager and Customer Development excellence in case of missing pieces/cases, damage, not ordered, cross pack, loading of incorrect Stock keeping units s/qty, expiry. Analyze data and generate periodic reports on claims. Get cost of goods damaged in transit and communicate with Procurement to issue demand note
FG return and damage claim
- Track goods shipped to all Key distributors, to ensure all are delivered on time in full.
- Manage copies of invoice and Proof of delivery from distribution assistant to be used as a basis for supporting claims (proactively use Order to cash communication platforms)
- Maintain proper filing of both hard and soft copies of invoices, Proof of delivery, approval emails, and Stocks Return Notes.
- Request approval before picking of damaged goods, position trucks once approved
- Coordinate with the warehouse team in advance to prepare for offloading returns.
- Process Customer relationship management tickets for return orders and coordinate with Order to Cash hub for Return Order processing and billing.
- Follow up with Warehouse to do Post Goods Return and ensure all return orders are billed at every month-end closure.
- Issue credit notes to customers for settled claims for VAT refund purposes.
- Process refund book entries for sales reversals and liaise with the treasury team to manage VAT refunds with the Ministry of revenue.
- Centrally store and track demand notes.
- Track demand note settlement with Finance and maintain proper tracker and update distribution manager and SC Go to market manager bi-weekly
- Assist with the implementation of continuous improvement projects to ensure saving targets are realized
- Manage reverse logistics costs for uplifted returned goods and maintain an updated cost tracker.
Free Goods Billing
- Process free goods (samples, donation) in SAP at 100% accuracy. Perform pre-check before billing (QTY, Price, Customer, Internal order)
Business waste management
- Collaborate with Customer Development and Customer and channel development team on stocks having expiry risk at Key distributors and follow through on mitigation plans.
Imported Finished Goods Management
- Stock count at the importer warehouse monthly
- Maintain accurate Import Finished Goods Tracker at 100%
- Closely work with Customer Development for stock depletion
- Maintain correct returns and claims tracker at 100% accuracy
Control and governance
- Align all claims management processes to GFCF Global Financial Controls Framework requirements and guidelines
- Ensure tasks are performed according to SOPs
- Ensure all Return orders and free goods sales orders are billed or closed at every Month end closure
- BA Degree in Business related field with 2 years of experience.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.