Save the Children
Position: Cashier/Admin Assistant
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
POST TYPE: National
Timeframe: Short term consultancy/ 3monts
LOCATION: Addis Ababa Advocacy office
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Effects payments and collects cash and CPO on behalf of the SCI AU Liaison & Pan-Africa Office, according to SCI standards and procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Budget Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Collects funds and makes various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with SCI’s financial management policy.
- Ensures that all collections and payments are done against serially pre-numbered cash receipts and cash payment vouchers.
- Ensures safe security of cash and other related checks and CPOs in the office and initiate weekly and monthly cash counts, including spot counts;
- Always keeps cash, checks, and CPOs in the safe deposit box as per the regulation of SCI
- Maintains petty cash fund and prepares cash report with all supporting documents and gets replenished upon reviewed by treasury manager and approved by Director
- Prepares receipt vouchers and collects cash and/or cheque from various sources and organizations and deposits to SCI bank account within three days
- Prepares receipt vouchers and collects refunds for personal telephone, and vehicle use.
- Ensures weekly and monthly cash count is done and the count sheet forwarded to Treasury Manager
- Reconciles cash accounts with financial documents and updates the cash book regularly.
- Performs all other duties related to the position as directed by supervisor or Director of the AULPAO.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in/BA in Accounting /Business Administration/Banking and Finance or related fields 4 years experience.
- Previous work experience as a cashier with NGO preferred
- Sufficient written/spoken English for the job.
- Knowledge of computer system, Excel and word
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Teams, in the event of emergencies