East Africa Bottling Share Company - Coca Cola
Position: Unit Manager - Utility and Process
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Sebeta, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
An exciting opportunity has arisen at East Africa Bottling Share Company for the role of Unit Manager - Utility and Process. East Africa Bottling Share Company works with the world’s most cherished trademark and it invests in the most sophisticated production system in the world and employs people who are prepared to work with passion and focus. The Unit Manager - Utility and Process will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager and will be responsible to manage, lead and support the team so that manufacturing, quality, and maintenance targets are achieved in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage and support team leaders and teams to achieve production, maintenance, and quality targets in a cost-effective manner.
- To encourage, assist, support, and coach Team Leaders so that departmental targets, performance, and future challenges are achieved effectively.
- To sell, manage, implement and actively support change interventions and projects to encourage the unit to internalize the change to meet operational targets.
- To solve systemic problems to save costs, minimize risk and losses, and improve productivity in line with benchmarks.
- Manage Asset Care within the Utility department
- Ensure compliance to Safety and Statuary requirements"
- Responsible for operation of designated equipment within the Syrup, Water & Waste Water Treatment plant and Testing Room Facilities.
- Manage calibration and maintenance program activities for the Syrup, Water & Waste Water Treatment plant and Testing Room Facilities.
- Support the QC clearance processes for raw materials, including sampling, testing and submission to the onsite Test Room Facility where required.
- Participate in site working groups, via input and/or active representation, dedicated to HACCP, WHS, CI and CPAR.
- Support and participate in development trial work (QA and Production Trials).
- Support greater Quality Team Facilities, functions and resourcing where required.
Skills, Experience & Education
- First Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience out of which 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
General: Applicants must be Ethiopian Nationals
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports the achievement of our Employment Equity goals.